overthinking

Crush

the next morning yoohyeon woke up on the sound of her phone ringing 

it was minji it was too early and too loud for her liking 

she stretched a bit before answering "yeah? minji its too early what is it?"

minji replied "oh sorry i woke you up but i was getting ready to leave but i saw siyeon sitting outside the convenience store and she looked tird, i thoght you wanted to know, maybe you wanna talk to her?"

"oh thanks minji, but she has friends, if she wanted to talk she would talk to them, its not my place" yoohyeon realized after saying this that it might be a bit unfriendly or maybe rude "i didnt mean it like that, sorry but we barely know eachother i doubt that she'll even talk to me"

minji said with a hint of a smile in her voice "that is how you start friendships yoohyeon, go ask if she wants to talk, maybe you'll become closer"

yoohyeon said with an annoyed voice "it is 5AM, im not gonna get out of my comfy bed to talk to siyeon, bora's probably with her you dont know how she looks like but she's tiny"

minji half screamed "BUT LEE SIYEON IS ALONE RIGHT NOW THERE'S NO ONE AT HER SIDE NOT EVEN BORA"

yoohyeon replied quickly "i changed my mind then i will leave my comfy bed to talk to siyeon, i'll be there in a minute"

minji said laughing "i should've said that as soon as you picked up the phone"

yoohyeon closed the line and got dressed quickly 

and started walking towards the convenience store when she came in there was no one in sight not even minji 

she called minji again 

minji answered "did you find her? she is sitting at our usual spot"

yoohyeon shook her head "minji is this a joke?"

minji got confused and asked "what?"

yoohyeon replied annoyed "there is no one except that girl with the morning shift"

minji replied "wait? she left already? i just left the place 5 minutes ago she was at our usual spot with her head between her hands"

yoohyeon said "she is not here minji"

minji said "did you check inside maybe she's there?"

yoohyeon answered "no there's no one inside except the cashier, i gotta go. we'll talk later" and closed the line.

 

yoohyeon walked back to her house one she arrived she made herself some brekfast and took a quick shower and got ready for school and decided to take a nap before its time.

 

she woke up and while she walked to the bus station she was thinking about why lee siyeon was at that convenience store so early she shrugged off her thoughts and put on her headphones.

yoohyeon arrived at school and went to her class her usual seat beside yoobin, she noticed both yoobin and siyeon were not in the class

she pulled out her phone and texted yoobin "are you coming?"

a few minutes untill yoobin replied "oh i forgot to tell you earlier i'll be coming later on the day, im sleepy i'll miss first class"

yoohyeon texted angirly "LEE YOOBIN you are already awake! what is 1 more hour gonna do?" 

yoobin replied with " i'll see you next class yoohyeon"

 

yoohyeon sighed and looked at siyeon's seat and thought will she be late as well? since she was awake so early 

after class ended yoohyeon got out and waited for yoobin when she saw yoobin she got a slap on the arm 

"are you still sleepy?" yoohyeon asked anger visible 

yoobin furrowed her brows "why are you so grumpy?"

yoohyeon answered "i dont know i woke up at 5AM from minji calling me and now you were late and siyeon didnt come to school and i was alone"

yoobin laughed "you are grumpy becasue you didnt sleep well or because lee siyeon is absent today?"

yoohyeon replied "i've been thinking siyeon barely skips school why is she late today"

yoobin said "maybe shes sick or wasnt feeling like going to school OR she overslept and has yet to wake up"

yoohyon said worried expression on her face "minji called me this morning and told me siyeon was at the convenience store and she seemed tired and i didnt take it seriously, but now that she actually didnt come to school im starting to worry"

yoobin said while giving yoohyeon a pat on the back " dont worry yoo, she might have stayed up till the morning and decided to skip school or she was tired of school and wanted a break, anything is possible dont worry too much, if you are worried so much we could ask bora"

yoohyeon replied "THAT is the probelm, bora isnt here either"

yoobin answered "oh then maybe they skipped together to go hang out or play or whatever, just dont worry too much its not gonna help"

yoohyeon sighed "you're right, i didnt know i could worry about her so much"

yoobin smiled "that's cute".

 

school ended for the day and neither siyeon or bora came today

 

 

 

yoobin decided to cheer yoohyeon up so she took her and minji to a karaoke room to have a bit of fun.

minji said "im glad you thought about this yoobz"

yoobin got up and opened the door to the room and motioned for minji to get out 

yoohyeon laughed so loud minji had to close her ears

yoobin and minji smiled like parents seeing yoohyeon laugh like that, its been long since they saw their friend laugh loudly without a care in the world like this

they had so much fun that night that they forgot all about their worries for a minute.