Chapter 6

Closed In

 

 

“Kibum? Kibum! Kibum, please! Wake up! Come on, wake the up!” I heard someone yelling as they shook me – obviously it was Jonghyun. I tried to open my eyes, but failed a few times before they opened. Or I thought they were open, the elevator was dark again. I tried to speak, to tell him to let go of me, but I couldn’t find my voice, he started to squeeze me harder, I hummed in annoyance as I lifted my hand to stop him.

“Oh thank god.” He let go, only to fall on top of me, squishing me in a bear hug. I gasped, trying to breath and he let go immediately. “Thank god,” he repeated quietly. He moved his hand to touch my face but I swatted it away.

“Don’t” I said stiffly, pushing up from the ground, trying to get up.

“Don’t? Wait- don’t try and get up let me hel-” he put his hands under my shoulders to pull me up but I jerked free – only to hit my head off the railing behind us. I crumpled to the ground clutching my head as tears stung my eyes.

“I said don’t touch me!” I shrieked. I opened my eyes, and glared at him, “Don’t!” he only stared at with me with a chocked expression.

“Quit being an idiot! We’re stuck down here and you know it! Stop acting like everything is fine! What happened to the Jonghyun who cries all the ing time!? Now you’re the strong one?” I yelled out. I could feel he moved away, my vision still hadn’t really adjusted, so the farther away he was the less I could see of him.

“I’m sorry Kibum.” He said, calmly. I started to cry harder now, sobbing really.

“Stop it! Can’t you just-”

“Kibum, you don’t know how many times I’ve cried since we got down here. I cried when I woke up and you didn’t, I cried when you fell asleep in my arms, I cried when you were just passed out – Kibum, trust me, I’ve cried. I just didn’t want you to see it, and get even more scared.” He paused for a moment, I heard his breathing become uneven, “I’m t-terrified Kibum.” I got up slowly, holding onto the railing for support.

“Well… okay then…” I started, my voice shaking terribly. I breathed in sharply trying to calm my self – but it was useless.

“Don’t just say that now! I’m just handling it differently! Don’t get all mopey that you’re the one always crying for once!” he yelled at me, I cringed. I didn’t know how to respond, I didn’t know what to say, so I just cried. I settled a little and glared at where I thought he was standing.

“Can you see me?” I asked aloud,

“Yeah. I can.” He said simply, his voice rougher than before.

“Fine then.” I said stiffly, then chuckled darkly, “we’re never getting out are we?” I said, my voice breaking near the end.

“Don’t say that.”

“We aren’t.”

Don’t say that.

“We aren’t and you know it!” I screamed, releasing the railing and stepping towards him.

“You’re the one who dragged me down here! Why’d you do it, huh? Why?” he retorted. I fumbled to find my words, and he spoke again, “You just didn’t want to die alone, is that it?” I screamed in frustration.

“No! That’s not it!”

“Then why?”

“I… I just couldn’t lose you like that! Why did you let me?!” I said finally, unable to come up with anything thing else that would make sense; “You could’ve pulled yourself up!”

“I knew the damned thing was going to fall too Kibum!”

“You should’ve gotten away while you could! My god, why did I pull you back?” I asked myself out loud, “ this. me, you.” I said the last few words with venom in my voice.

“ you then Kibum. Go to hell.”

“Gladly! As long as I don’t ever have to see your face again!” I shouted, he took a step close to me, I didn’t move.

“Burn for all I care,” he said in a low voice. I opened my mouth but never got the chance to speak.

Slap.

I moved my hand to my cheek, feeling the sudden burning the scorched there on my skin.

“You… bastard!” I yelled lunging myself at him, tugging at his hair and slapping him across the face. He shoved me off and I fell to the ground, but got up quickly.

As I stood up the elevator shook, and creaked, but we were too far gone to care.

He pulled at my hair and slammed my head back against the wall holding my head back, throwing his fist my jaw – again a terrifying sound was heard, I could feel the railing shake against my back, but it stopped quickly. I kicked him in the shin, as he bent over in pain I punched him in the gut. He stumbled back but came at me again, leaving another red mark across my other cheek. I didn’t hesitate to hit him right back.

“I hate you!” I screamed, tears forming again. We were right in each other faces now, breathing heavily, just staring at each other.

Time stopped.

Before I could make heads or tails of what was going on, he’d smashed him lips onto mine, I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer, making sure he was as close as possible to me.

“I’m sorry,” he mumbled against my lips, before closing the small gap between them again, I bit his lip telling him to kiss me properly. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling us even closer. We were both panting heavily, separating only to in the mandatory amount of air needed. Tears were freely rolling down my cheeks, from both the after pain of being punched, and the whole situation it’s self.

“I love you.” I let out before forcing his lips back to mine. It was a few minutes before we broke again.

“I love you so much,” he replied, I could feel his tears roll down his cheeks as well, I moved my hand to wipe them away – we shouldn’t be crying. Our lips moved in perfect sync as we fit perfectly in each other’s arms – why hadn’t we been doing this the whole time?

“I was so scared I was going to lose you, I’m sorry I got us into this,” I breathed out heavily.

“There is no way I could’ve lived in a world without you in it Kibum.” A fresh batch of tears fell again as I pulled his head back to mine, trying to prove to him how much I loved him right now.

We were both fumbling slightly, trying to get as much of  each other as we could.

“I’m so sorry,” I whispered as we pulled back for longer this time.

“I’m so sorry,” he repeated my words back to me. I tried to smile, but my crying stopped me. I leaned into Jjong, sobbing as hard as I could. He hugged me tightly back; I could feel his chest shaking as he cried too.

“I love you.” He said again, I nodded, turning my head to kiss his cheek making my way back to his lips, kissing him slowly, passionately.

“I love you too.”