Chapter 3

Closed In

 

“!” I yelled as the elevator began to plummet again. But, if you know physics, you’ll understand what happened next.

When it started to go down, we went up. I flew upwards and smacked my head off the railing.

The last thing I saw was Jjong hit the floor, and the brown carpet beneath me. What an odd shade.

---

Oh my god, I’m dead. I’m dead. This is insane. I can’tbe dead. Please, ing please!

Oh wait – if I was dead I wouldn’t be thinking, would I?

I waited a few minutes, and slowly started to find my body parts.

“Ugh,” I groaned as I lifted myself from the ground, I looked around and realized that the elevator wasn’t smashed to bits, which means we stopped again before we hit the final floor. Except, new problem; lights were out. Great.

I was still on the floor, only my shoulders were lifted – my head killed. I squinted and searched around the small room for the figure of someone I needed to see.

“J-Jonghyun?” I called out, shifting into a sitting position.

“Behind you.” I turned my head to look over my shoulder I stared blankly at the grey-blurry wall in front of me.

“…Eh?” I said, my face blanking.

“Stupid, I’m right here.” I saw a hand reach out and tug me forward slightly.

“Ah, hi.” I said, still trying to see him, finally my eyes adjusted and I could make out his face.

“Are you okay?” I nodded, but then hummed just to make sure he got the message, “You’ve been out for awhile… I didn’t want to move you, just in case it was something serious.”

“I’m fine, really.” I said getting up, only to lose my balance and fall against the wall next to me.

“Aish! Be careful! You almost fell out the door!” suddenly I was against his chest his arm wrapped around my shoulder, pulling me to the back a bit.

“Sorry,” I mumbled, moving away from him slightly.

“How’s your head?” He brushed his fingers across my forehead lightly, moving my bangs out of the way.

“It’s fine! It doesn’t hurt I promi-” I stopped talking when he stopped moving his fingers, “Jonghyun?”

“You’re bleeding.” He said stiffly. I gulped.

“What?”

“You’re bleeding. I’m so sorry! I couldn’t see it, because it was so dark and-” I stopped him by brushing his hand away from my face, and at the same time placing one of my fingers over his mouth.

“Shhh, it’s not like it would’ve made a difference if you could see it, what were you going to do?” I felt his nod against my hand, I moved it away and smiled pointlessly, he probably couldn’t see it anyway.

“Now’s not the time to be smiling Kibum.” My face flattened out,

“How did you know?” he scoffed.

“I’ve been awake it the dark longer than you, I can see just fine.” I nodded thoughtfully. I looked up and around trying to figure out if we could get a light source of some kind.

“They flicker on and off, if that’s what you’re wondering.” I looked back and Jjong and nodded again.

“Oh,” It was quiet for awhile, until I thought of something.

“Where’s our stuff?”

“In the corner,” he said dully, I heard him move away to sit against a wall. I nodded, even though I had no idea where ‘the corner’ even was. I turned around and felt against the wall behind me, I felt a railing, showing me I wasn’t by the door any longer.

“I wonder how we stopped a second time…” I heard him breathe out; I sighed and looked back, knowing he could see me.

“Back-up wires.” I said knowingly.

“Then how’d we stop the first time?” he retorted, I sighed again and turned around to face him, leaning against the railing at the same time.

“Simple, the breaks kicked in a stopped us; we only fell again because the main wires snapped. I figured this out because one pulley fell on the roof,” I point up to the general area where the dent was. Just as I did this, the light flickered back on, then off, and then came back, but only half of them, so it was a very dull yellow enclosing the room.

“Oh, hi.” I said again, now that I could see him. He smiled weakly.

“So, you called right? They’re on their way to get us, right?” I looked out the doors, all I could see was cement, but I’m sure we didn’t fall that far, so we’re probably just above, or just under a floor-door. I waited, but he never responded I looked over at him with raised eyebrows, “Right?” I asked again.

“Actually…” he trailed off, I stood up straight.

Actually – what?”

“No service. I think we’re stuck here for awhile.” He said. I blinked.

“No way.” I breathed falling back against the wall, “You’re kidding – right? I mean. We have to have service. We couldn’t have fallen that far! Where are we!?”I started towards the door and leaned out slightly, then fell back into the elevator, landing on the floor. I started to breathe in and out sharply.

“Where are we?!” I looked over at Jjong in distress, “Jonghyun! Where are we?!”

 

a/n; sorry to add an author's note here, but i just want to let you know i double updated - this and the next chapter - and the real plot line starts here, everything before hand was just a really long--giant 'prologue' i guess. Yes, the 'prologue' had a prologue. bite me.