Prologue

Closed In

 

“Okay, so we’ve got an easy week, only a few shows and appearances, and then we head back, but let me give you a rundown of what’s going to happen over the next few days…” I nodded my head along with whatever Yeong-Ji was saying, but I wasn’t really paying attention. I love her, she’s my favorite publicist that we’ve ever had – but my god she never shuts up. I slouched slightly as we continued our way through the hotel lobby, stuffing my hands in my pockets, and letting my eyes drift shut. We were called out to the states for some Mnet event going on in Time Square for Valentine’s day, and jumped on the first plane we could catch. Now we’re on our way up to our rooms, we’d just gotten off the plane and to be honest, the only thing I wanted to do was get into a bed and sleep until noon.

Someone pulled my hand out of its pocket and yanked me to my left, into their side. I popped my eyes open and stared up at Jonghyun with a shocked expression.

“What?” I asked, he shook his head at me.

“I know you’re tired, but look where you’re going, you almost smashed into that pillar.” I turned my head to see what he meant, and I my eyes met with huge wallpaper-covered-cement pillar. I nodded and looked back and him and smiled sheepishly as an apology. I detached myself from his and began walking a bit faster to catch up to the rest of them, he trailed behind me – probably to make sure I didn’t kill myself tripping over a table or something. I rubbed my eyes and gave myself a few light slaps to wake me up a bit more. I walked up a little further until I was matching steps with Taemin and Jinki, Minho was a few paces ahead of us with Yeong-Ji, and Jjong was still hanging back.

“Don’t you think it’s unfair we have to spend Valentine’s Day at a concert?” Taemin mumbled to no one in particular.

“Yeah, but some of us aren’t so lucky as to have someone to actually spend it with.” I replied slyly. I smirked as I watched a light blush spread across his cheeks as he glanced over at Jinki. My smirk changed to a proper smile when I noticed Jinki lace his fingers subtly with Taemin's. Lucky-ducks – must be nice to have someone to call your own.

“We’ll make sure you guys get a room to yourself on V-Day, okay?” Jonghyun chimed in, I didn’t bother looking back I could hear his smile in his tone. I nodded and hummed in agreement.

Soon enough we made our way to the hall-o-elevators. I’ll never understand why a hotel could need two full walls of elevators. Like really, what a waste of space. Yeong-Ji walked up to the wall on our left and pushed the ‘up’ button. When no elevator dinged immediately, she started pushing it a mile a minute. I sighed; does she really think that’s going to make it arrive faster? I walked over to the third elevator on that side and leaned against its doors. I closed my eyes and focused on the sound of the button clicking to keep myself awake.

Ding

I opened one eye and saw the elevator on the other side, directly in front of me, open. I pushed myself off the door and walked over to it – slowly mind you, but I made it. Just as I was crossing the threshold, something… off caught my eye in the gap between the two sets of doors. I stopped and leaned back again, but whatever it was, was gone.

Ding

I turned around and saw Taemin, Jinki and Yeong-Ji filing into the elevator next to us – why would you…? There’s one open right here, goddamn it. I was about to step out and follow them, but Jjong and Minho blocked my way as they stepped into mine. I shrugged and turned back around to hit our floor button. Until I realized, I didn’t know what it was. Again I made a move to step out to ask Yeong-Ji but before I could even take a step I saw her run out to the middle of the hallway.

“I forgot to get the room keys from the front desk! Sorry, guys, I’ll meet you up there, you’re on the top floor, okay?” She took off down the hall again; I nodded and turned around, once again, and hit the button labeled ‘28’ on the panel.

 

a/n; sorry for this really weird chapter, it's just a prologue, giving you an idea of where they are and what they're doing, this is will be reprinted in the first chapter as well, just for organization sake on my part. I'll be updating either later tonight or tomorrow morning, it's currently 3:30am and i really would like to sleep, but i'm having a hard time wording things, so i'll be up untill i finish. Please be patient!