Three

Love Letter

Taekwoon sit at the living room alone as he thinking. The television is on, but he does not feel like want to watch it. "If he love me, why he did not come that night?" Ask Taekwoon to himself.

"What's wrong, buddy?" Ask Mr Jung as he sit beside his son while his wife sit at the other side.

"Yeah, just tell us what's playing in your mind. Who know maybe we can help," support Mrs Jung. Taekwoon sigh before he lean on the sofa with confuse face.

"Well, I like this boy and I always give him letters. And last Saturday, I ask him to come see me at the park. The day when I come back late. But he never appear," told Taekwoon. "Oh my god, who's that boy? How dare he ditch my handsome son," said Mrs Jung as she look at her son with wide eyes.

"The problem is that boy told me that he never accept any letters. Well except from our teacher. But, other than that he never receive it," told Taekwoon that make his parents look at him in confuse. "Emm maybe he lying so that you'll not be angry with him," guess Mr Jung.

"But, he said he love me," mumble Taekwoon as he pout. "He what? So, is that mean he confess to you?" Ask Mrs Jung excitedly. Taekwoon rub his neck awkwardly. "Not really. I might overheard his ramble on how hot he think I am. How nice I am. And also how much he love me. Oh my god, he's so cute," Taekwoon smile shyly when he think about it. That make his parents look at him in shock. Do not expect his son can react and act like that.

"I bet you like him a lot," Mr Jung put his arms around his son's shoulder. Taekwoon nod his head shyly. "But, if he said he never accept the letters, where did they go?" Ask Mr Jung when he remember about those letters that his son wrote. Taekwoon look his father and think think about that too. "First of all, did you give him that letter by yourself?" Ask Mrs Jung.

"No. I gave it to his friend," reply Taekwoon. "It remind me on what happen to us before," Mrs Jung look at his husband. Mr Jung look at his wife and tilt his head. Can't catch what does she mean.

"I can't believe you don’t remember our complicated love story," Mrs Jung pout when she realise her husband can't catch her words. "Oh," Mr Jung now remember and understand his wife.

"What? What?" Taekwoon look at his parents curiously. His parents look at each other as they giving meaningful smile.

"Well, I used to be your father's hardcore fan. I always give him letters. I put it in his locker. But your father does not give any reply to it. But I don't give up. I keep giving him letters. But still he does not give me any reply. One day, I wrote to him to meet me at a park. I wait for him from morning until night, but he did come," told Mrs Jung with sad face when she remember about it. Her husband hold her hand tightly and give her apologize look. "I'm sorry," Mr Jung hold up their link hands and kiss her hand.

"Its not your fault," Mrs Jung give him soft smile. "So, what happen next?" Ask Taekwoon. He already feel impatient and want to know what happen next.

"Your mom give up on me. She does not send me any letter after that day. But, the problem is I never receive any letters from her. When I open my locker, there no letter. Thats why I never know her feeling," told Mr Jung as his thumb caress Mrs Jung's hand softly.

"So, how can you two be together and get married?"Ask Taekwoon curiously that make the parents smile when they saw how cute their son look. "Thanks to my bestfriend. She the one who told me what actually happen," reply Mr Jung. Taekwoon tilt his head as he feel confuse. What actually happen? Before he can open his mouth to ask, his mother reply for that question.

"Its turn out, there a girl who also like your father. She the one who take that letter and throw it away after I put it in his locker. That why he never get my letters. Then his friend who I never like is the one who find out about it when she overheard the conversation between that with her friends. Then she confront me and ask me about it. I really feel angry on her. I thought why she need to ask me that when I already send million of letters to her friend. Then she told me about what happen to that letters that make me feel more furious. You really don't want to know what I did to that ," said Mrs Jung angrily.

"She tied her at our university flag pole," told Mr Jung when he remember back how terrified the girl look when few students find her and help her.

"But, its not my plan. Its Seungyeon," Mrs Jung cross her arms cutely. "I know. She can be quite scary when she feel angry. It make me miss her suddenly. I don't know where she live right now. I want to see her," Mr Jung look down sadly.

"Don't be sad. We will met her again even when I don't really want to," Mrs Jung coax her husband in soft voice. Mr Jung nod his head before he smile.

"Emm so, do you mean that friend of him does not give the letters to him?" Conclude Taekwoon when he compare his parent's story with his current situation.

"Maybe. You need to find out about it," reply Mr Jung. "And if you have time, please bring him here. I really want to meet the one who able to catch my son's heart and attention," said Mrs Jung that make Taekwoon groan.