Twelve

Love Letter

"Hakyeon, are you alright?" Taekwoon's eyes roaming around his boyfriend's body. Hakyeon who feel confuse on that question just let his boyfriend doing a full body check up. 

"What's wrong?" Hakyeon tilt his head cutely with his big wonder eyes. Taekwoon who can't resist his cute charm pinch his cheeks that make the other boy pout. Taekwoon then take this chance to lean forward and give a peck on his lips. 

"Yah!" Hakyeon slap Taekwoon's shoulder softly as his face become red. They are standing at the corridor near their class. Some students just ignore them and keep with their own business. While some students giggle when they saw the new sweet couple. 

"I'm just worry. Hongbin told me that you almost got hit by a car yesterday," told Taekwoon with pity pout. Hakyeon then understand his boyfriend's weird behavior. "I'm fine. There no wound at all. Hongbin save me. Don't worry, okay?" Reply Hakyeon as he link his arm with Taekwoon's. The other boy just nod his head.

 

During recess, Taekwoon and Hakyeon are sitting side by side as usual. Eating and chatting. "Guys, have you heard?" Ask Amber as soon as she sit in front the couple. Those two look at each other before they look at her again. 

"Heard about what?" Ask Hakyeon curiously. "Wait," Amber drink her water first before she continue. "Luna has move away," told Amber. 

"What?" That news give shock to both of them. "Why so sudden?" Ask Hakyeon. Taekwoon just keep silent as he also give his attention to the conversation. "I don't know. Teachers said that her father got transfer to other branch company far from here by his boss. And of course, all of them will need to move as well," Amber shrugs her shoulders. Feeling glad that she will not need to look at that ugly face anymore.

 

"Father, did you transfer Luna's father away?" Ask Taekwoon suspiciously. They are now sitting at the living room. With Mr Jung reading news in his tablet and Taekwoon watching television. 

"What make you say that?" Mr Jung give his most innocent look to his son. Taekwoon squint his eyes toward his father. "Well, you can't prove anything," Mr Jung then continue reading while his son keep staring at him suspiciously.

"What's going on here?" Ask Mrs Jung as she put the tray fill with tea and cookies for her boys. She pour the tea and give it to her husband and also her son before she sit beside him. 

"What's wrong, Taekwoon? Did your father steal your cheesecake again?" Guess Mrs Jung that earn frown face from her husband. "That just one time. And on my defense, I thought that was yours," pout Mr Jung.

"I bought it with my own money that I keep for a month," reply Taekwoon. That incident happen when Taekwoon is twelve years old when he bought a cut of cheesecake for himself. While he changing his cloth, he put the cake on the table. But, when he run out from his room, he watch his precious delicious cheesecake has been devoured by his father. Traitor. And he automatically cry on the spot. After that, his father drove to the bakery shop and bought more for him. But, it not the same as the cake that he bought. Its value has been change. His tear keep flowing as he eat his cake. While Mr Jung getting a scold from his wife.

"Okay. I'm sorry okay," said Mr Jung in defeat. Mrs Jung giggle before she pat her husband's arm softly. 

"So, what actually happen? Why you staring at your father with that kind of face?" Ask Mrs Jung, looking at her son. "He ask if I transfer Luna's father away?" Reply Mr Jung. 

"Oh, about that. Its not your father but me." Taekwoon look at his mother in shock. "What?" His eyes wide open in shock. "Yeah, well. Her father is a good employee and it is time for him to get a promotion. So, I suggest to transfer him to other branch as a manager," Mrs Jung give innoncent smile at her son. "Explain," Taekwoon know there more than that. His mother is sneaky. 

"Just be glad that the girl will be far away from you and Hakyeon. Everything will be okay now and you both will be safe," Mrs Jung ruffle her son's hair fondly. Taekwoon want to ask for more but his phone start ringing at that time. Its his boyfriend. 

"Its Hakyeon," Taekwoon answer the call as he stand up and walk toward the veranda. His parents look at each other before they smile knowingly. "I'm glad Mr Bae told us about his daughter. If not, I don't know what she will do to Hakyeon and Taekwoon," said Mrs Jung before she drink her tea. "Yeah, me too. Kids are too scary nowadays," comment Mr Jung. 

Mr Bae is Luna'a father. He told Mr Jung about his daughter's behavior that make him worry. He know he's quite busy nowadays but he does not know she has become this bad. He ask for the transfer himself from Mr Jung as he does not want his daughter to make any mistakes in the future. He heard her daughter's ramble on how she need to do something toward Hakyeon and steal Taekwoon from him even if she need to kill that boy. Thats when he know he need to do something for his daughter. She still can be saved. 

Mr Jung told his wife and discuss on the best solution to it. His wife agree on Mr Bae to transfer to other place. But, with better position that can give him more time with his daughter and family. She is a parent too. She know he must want to help his daughter.

 

"Hello, Hakyeon," Taekwoon sit on the bench, staring at the moon. "Hi Taekwoon," reply the other boy. 

"Well, I just want to say good night to you. And maybe I'm also missing you a lot," said Hakyeon shyly. Taekwoon's smile become wide. Warmness start spreading in his heart. "You're lucky because I miss you too. And I love you." 

Hakyeon squeals loudly with his hand on his chest. Trying to calm his rapid beating heart. "I love you too." Taekwoon also in same condition with his boyfriend. Its weird when they already in relationship for a month already but the strong feeling still there. And it keep growing everyday, everytime.

"Sleep well, Hakyeon. We will meet again tomorrow for our date. I hope you are not forgetting it," tease Taekwoon. "Of course not. I'm already choose the outfits to wear tomorrow. And I will never forget anything about you." Taekwoon giggle happily on the declaration. 

"Yeah, me too. I will never forget anything about you." Taekwoon's reply make Hakyeon blushing more. "Yah, don't make me more red. It will be permanent on my face if you keep doing it," pout Hakyeon. 

"I don't mind. I bet you will be much more cuter even when I know you are already the cutest." Hakyeon squeals loudly, much more louder than before. While Taekwoon smile proudly at himself. Good job Taekwoon.

He heard unclear sound from the other side. Hakyeon is talking with his mother. "Taekwoon, its time to sleep. I need to keep my beauty sleep so that I will look beautiful for you tomorrow," said Hakyeon after seconds of silent. "You are already beautiful, Hakyeon," said Taekwoon sincerely.

"Okay, that enough. I don't think I can blush more but you prove it wrong." Taekwoon also thought that he can't smile wider but he is wrong. His smile keep become wider as he talking to his boyfriend.

"Okay, okay. Good night my Hakyeon. Sweet dream and love you," Taekwoon give a goodnight kiss through the phone. Hakyeon also smiling and radiating with happiness as he lying on his bed. "Good night to you to, my Taekwoon. Dream about me ,okay. And I love you too." He also give a goodnight kiss to his boyfriend before they both end the call.

Taekwoon sigh happily, looking at the clear night sky. He is happy. So happy that the feeling spreading all over his body. At first he feel sad because Hakyeon did not come that night. But, he is glad it happen. If not, he will never know his letters are not received by their true owner. If not, he will be drown by this one side love for the rest of his life. Now he can proudly call Hakyeon his. And Hakyeon can also call him his. He hope this love will stay in their heart forever. He hope their relationship from boyfriend will become fiance. From fiance to husbands. They will be together forever. He will always pray for the future that they will build together. He never thought of other people other than Hakyeon to be by his side in the future. Only Hakyeon. Always Hakyeon.

 

THE END ~