02:

Young love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was another peaceful day for everyone in the school, students were chilling in the canteen, library or in their respective rooms. Everyone's just playing with each other and having big laughs along with their friends except for one girl who's having a big commotion inside her tummy—

 

" butterflies are flying all over my tummy! No, the whole zoo is racing inside my tummy! " Chaeyeon exclaimed as she shakes Minju's shoulders " listen to me! " she demands.

 

" I've already listened to why you're feeling that way " Minju deadpanned say " Sakura sunbae-nim greeted you this morning, she smiled at you and you swear that smile is the brightest smile you've ever seen in your entire life excluding your parent's smile " Minju recited in a very monotone voice.

 

Sakura and Chaeyeon are getting close as the day passes by— they exchange messages, talk over the phone for hours, have a brief chat whenever they bump into each other in the school, exchanges of smiles and all. Chaeyeon is very assured that the relationship between them is skyrocketing.

 

" I think I want to confess now " Chaeyeon suddenly blurted out " she knew me already, it wouldn't be weird for me to say that I like her... right? " she looked at Minju for her best friend's opinion about it.

 

Minju sighed and rested her face on her palm, tilting her head for her to be able to look at Chaeyeon's anxious face " I like you " she suddenly said with a very serious tone which made Chaeyeon frown at her " huh? " the only thing that Chaeyeon could respond.

 

" I said I like you " Minju repeated like those words are very easy to say. They suddenly fell into the pit of silence.

 

" what... what do you... I mean... huh? " Chaeyeon is already panicking. She's focusing at Minju's face, looking at it to see if Minju's just playing around but Minju's face is dead serious. Chaeyeon bit her lip, nope, this is not happening " Minju-ah " she sighs.

 

" jeez " Minju immediately smiled, shrugging off the heavy atmosphere between them " I'm just practicing you! Did your heat skip its beat? " Minju teasingly said leaving Chaeyeon with blushing cheeks.

 

" ugh, I hate you! " Chaeyeon hit Minju's shoulder " I was about to panic— I swear my heart momentarily stopped when I heard those words from you! Jesus! " Chaeyeon sighed in relief.

 

" why? We always say that we like each other " Minju asked with a frown.

 

Chaeyeon gestured her hands like she wants to say something and explain it " but you look like you really mean it earlier! " Minju chuckled at Chaeyeon's overly stressed face.

 

Minju smiled softly, eyes looking directly at Chaeyeon's— as if she's looking at someone very dear to her " I always mean it when I say I like you, idiot " she said.

 

" what I mean is— you sounded like you like me as you know... it shocked the hell out of me! " Chaeyeon exclaimed.

 

" why? Would that be wrong? " Minju innocently asked and immediately received a very stern response " of course it would be! It's weird, we're best friends! " Chaeyeon answered.

 

Minju nodded as if Chaeyeon is her professor who just explained a very complicated math at her " I see " Minju shortly said.

 

" let's drop off this weird thing " Chaeyeon shook her head, eliminating the thought of her best friend liking her more than a 'friend' " let's think of a way for me to confess to Sakura unnie— say, do you have something on mind? An event? Or should I just straight up say it without any event? What do you think? " she asks, changing the earlier's topic.

 

" why would you ask someone who hasn't been in a romantic relationship since birth? " Minju raised her brows.

 

" because you're the one who always receives confessions from guys and girls! " Chaeyeon pointed out the fact that her best friend is that likable and despite the lack of knowledge about romantic relationships, Minju surely does know one or two when it comes to confessions " so, out of all those confession— which one somehow touched your heart? The best one? "

 

That question left Minju thinking— when was the last time that someone threw something big that made me happy? She questions herself and started to think of when was the last time.

 

Minju was quite a simple girl who has a simple happiness, she finds happiness through little things, even a frog can make her smile! But thinking deeply into it, the recent one that made her overly happy was when Chaeyeon brought her to an ice cream shop—

 

" why are we here? " Minju frowned as she looks at the ice cream shop in front of them " It's like, minus three degrees celsius and you're planning on making me eat some ice cream!? " she looked at Chaeyeon with disbelief in her eyes.

 

" it's not just ice cream— they are having an event right now and if we win it, we'll have that cat headphone that you've been wanting for like forever now! " Chaeyeon exclaimed and immediately grabbed Minju's wrist to pull the latter inside before she may even complain.

 

Before Minju might even complain, they have already signed a waiver for the said 'challenge'. They are going to eat almost 2 tubs sized ice cream in less than one and a half hour and if they succeed in doing so, they will win that headphone.

 

" I think I can't do it anymore " Minju said in defeat, they already finished half of the ice cream and Minju's about to vomit if she may shove another spoonful inside " let's stop this, let's just go home " she said.

 

Chaeyeon determinedly shakes her head " I'm going to finish this and get you that headphone! " Chaeyeon cheekily smiled and shoved another mouthful of ice cream inside .

 

Minju's looking at her best friend with disbelief but a smile was plastered on her lips, one thing that makes Minju adore the girl was her ridiculous determination over something she wants. It's so ridiculous that sometimes it gives them trouble—

 

" ugh, my stomach " Chaeyeon whines as they reach the bus to go home.

 

" I told you to stop if you're already at your limit " Minju scolded her.

 

" but I have no regrets! We won that headphone! " Chaeyeon laughed and took out the headphones from the box " wear it, let me see the price of what I've just done! " she demanded and put on the cat headphones on Minju.

 

" aigoo, this is very worth it " Chaeyeon exclaimed and took out her phone " c'mon smile for me~ " Minju shyly did what Chaeyeon asked her to do, she can feel her face burning up " my best friend is so cute, I love it " Chaeyeon said after she snapped a couple of pictures.

 

Chaeyeon snapped her fingers when Minju became silen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter