08:

Young love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju received extreme nagging and punishment from her parents after the crazy stunt she pulled.

 

" what are you even thinking!? " her father sternly asked her.

 

Usually, at times like this, Minju will either have her eyes down or her tears will start to escape from her eyes since her father is lowkey scary, but instead of getting scared and repenting from what she did, a smile appeared from her lips.

 

She remembered Chaeyeon asking her the same thing— I must be really getting out of my mind. She mentally hit her head for having no control over herself.

 

" you find this funny!? Huh!? " her mom angrily asked her.

 

Minju bit the insides of to prevent herself from smiling " I'm really sorry "

 

" sorry? Mom, dad, don't buy it! " her little sister shouted from afar making Minju curse her inside her mind— that nosy little kid.

 

" are you even thinking? What if you got into an accident? What if something bad happened to you!? You have no license! No proper training for driving a car! " her mom is getting hysterical, the worry is written across her eyes, anger, and fear. Minju is starting to feel bad and guilty.

 

" I'm really sorry, I'm not going to do it again " she apologetically said.  

 

" you will really not " her father said " get into your room and you'll not go anywhere until the school starts, do you hear me? " he added, disclosing the conversation.

 

Minju's eyes widened, she's about to complain and whine about it when she saw how fiery her father's eyes are. She has no other choice but to follow and accept her punishment.

 

With heavy feet she silently walked out from her parent's sight to her own room " good going unnie " her sister , even raising a thumbs up.

 

" shut up " she angrily murmured and closed the door of her room.

 

Days had passed and her parents are really dead serious about her not stepping out of their house. Minju felt like she's getting roots from sitting and laying down, she's getting insane from the boredom she's feeling and from her little sister's unending teasing, her sister even gave her a fake license and a toy car as her Christmas gift. 

 

" 1 hour before new year " she threw her phone on her bed and lay down on her stomach, sighing and feeling extremely down. She's being invited by her classmates to go and see fireworks at the central park but unfortunately, she can't say yes and most definitely, she can't go.

 

As she sulks alone inside her room, Minju heard a mild thump from her window as if someone's throwing some pebbles on it. She sighed and getting ready to pour out every ounce of her annoyance inside her body to whoever is doing it— she stood up, frown and angry gaze filing up her face.

 

Minju opened her window, about to shout " ya... " her voice faded out when she saw Chaeyeon having her finger on her lips to shush her out and wavering eyes, afraid to be caught by her parents.

 

" what are you doing here? " Minju asked in the softest way possible but enough for Chaeyeon to hear it.

 

" let's go " Chaeyeon mouthed " central plaza " pointing to the direction of the plaza but Minju just shook her head with disappointment in her eyes, she can't go.

 

Chaeyeon took out her phone and started to type a message for Minju " I'll get you back before your parents may notice you're gone, I have my bike with me " she sent.

 

Minju bit her lip as she doubts about it " how will I go out? I definitely can't go out using the front door " she sent.

 

Quickly, Chaeyeon typed in a reply " jump off, it's not too high, you'll not going to break any bones from jumping off from the window. I'll catch you! Let's go! " Chaeyeon widely smiled but Minju got a sour face from that ridiculous idea.

 

Chaeyeon lifted both of her arms, encouraging Minju to jump— Minju shut her eyes tightly, took a deep breath before climbing up to the window. She recited a brief prayer, please don't let me die and please don't let my parent's know what I'm about to do or else it will be really the death of me.

 

On a count of five, Minju jumped, suppressing her squeal to prevent anyone from noticing " I did a good job, didn't I? " Chaeyeon proudly asked Minju who's eyes were still tightly shut off— Minju's on top of Chaeyeon for they fell on the ground.

 

Minju slowly opened her eyes and realized what just happened, Chaeyeon has her hands around her waist and she's laying on top of her best friend with faces only inches away from each other. Quickly, Minju's face blushed and so she immediately got off—

 

Minju faked a cough to get rid of the awkward atmosphere " thanks for your baby fats, I didn't get hurt " Minju jokingly said.

 

" yeah, right " Chaeyeon rolled her eyes " c'mon now, let's watch the fireworks and get you back home before they notice that you're gone " Chaeyeon said and grabbed Minju's wrist to quickly drag the girl towards her bike.

 

" hold on to me, I'm going to pedal fast or else we will miss it! " Chaeyeon said, positioning herself as if she's going to compete into some sort of race before pedaling like a mad woman.

 

Because of the speed, Minju had that excuse to hold onto Chaeyeon tightly, wrapping her arms around Chaeyeon's waist and gripping onto the girl's shirt. The wind is freezing, Minju can't help but have her lips shiver in cold " aren't you cold? " Minju's voice shakes.

 

" I am! " Chaeyeon shouted " are you? Lean your face on my back so you can hide from the wind! " she instructed which Minju gladly followed, resting her face on Chaeyeon's lean back—

 

Minju can smell the same fragrance that Chaeyeon's using over the years, Minju picked that fragrance and since then Chaeyeon's using it. It wasn't new to Minju but the latter still loves to smell the same fragrance over and over again. It's a smell of vanilla, a flavor which she really loves— maybe that's the reason.

 

" pick a perfume for me " Chaeyeon begged Minju when 30 minutes have already passed yet they are still at the perfume store because Chaeyeon can't make up her mind. She like everything in the store that she can't pick one.

 

" you do know that we should be reviewing our lessons instead of picking out perfumes, right? " Minju sighed when Chaeyeon innocently nodded her head " I can't with you " she shook her head and picked a gorgeous bottle of perfume to give to Chaeyeon—

 

" without even smelling it? " Chaeyeon frowned.

 

" I've already smelled that, it smells like my favorite vanilla ice cream " 

 

" then I'll get this " Chaeyeon placed back the three perfumes she had on her hand " maybe you'll be kinder to me and stop slandering me when I smell like your favorite ice cream " she chuckled and went on to the cashier to pay.

 

Chaeyeon stopped from pedaling when the sky has started to get colored by the fireworks, they are still halfway away from the central park " I guess we'll just have to watch this from here " Chaeyeon sighed and they both stepped down from the bike.

 

People blowing their trumpets started to fill their ears, firecrackers starting to make noise and noisy houses that are celebrating the new year. Where they are right now is not the best place to view the gorgeous fireworks but Chaeyeon felt like it's already is—

 

Chaeyeon's watching Minju as the latter gets amazed by the beautiful fireworks in the sky, Chaeyeon's watching the fireworks display from Minju's eyes and she swears it's a hundred more time beautiful than looking at it from the sky.

 

" it's beautiful! " Minju looked at Chaeyeon with excitement on her eyes, her feet are softly stomping the ground and hands clapping " isn't it? " with a wide smile she asked.

 

" it is " Chaeyeon answered as she feels her heart melt from the sight of excited Minju in front of her— it's our tradition every year to watch fireworks during new years but why does it feel like this year is especially beautiful? Why am I seeing Minju differently right now? 

 

" happy new year Lee Chaeyeon " Minju softly said " let's not have fight this year " she wishes, showcasing her Indian dimple.

 

" happy new year " Chaeyeon greeted her back, gently grabbing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter