07:

Young love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Things went back to normal for Minju and Chaeyeon. Although they have kept some of the new routines they do when they are in their midst of misunderstanding and of course, the new people that suddenly popped into the picture of once 'Chaeyeon and Minju' only.

 

The school festival is done and from then on it seemed like the day has passed by very quickly as well. After the festival, the students have become busy with their final exams and passing of requirements for the end of the first semester.

 

" you've already done this!? " Chaeyeon exclaimed when Minju is just chilling beside her whilst she's writing tons of term papers " why didn't you invited me!? Why did you leave me!? " she cried.

 

" it was when we're having a beef, what do you expect me to do? Call you and say 'hey, wanna do term papers? I'm calling you but we're still not okay' " Minju brought up the 'misunderstanding' that they had in the most humorous way possible—

 

" and you know what I realized? " Minju rested her chin on her palm " it's sometimes a good thing that we fight, I get things done " she jokily said.

 

" I hate you " Chaeyeon murmured.

 

" you just said I love you last time and now you're cursing me? Ehey! That's a foul play! " Minju chuckled.

 

Chaeyeon just sighed in defeat " araso, araso. After you finish that, I'll treat you your favorite yogurt ice cream " she promises which lit up Chaeyeon's face and those words fueled up Chaeyeon's will to finish everything before the due dates.

 

After accomplishing everything that's needed for the first semester, the Christmas break has come next. They are now going to have some time with their parents to enjoy the heartful holiday of Christmas and see each other next year on the second semester.

 

With a wide smile on each and everyone's faces, they bid their 'see you next semester!' and gratefulness with a happy heart.

 

 

Chaeyeon spun around the full body length mirror, checking out herself; from her dress, sneakers, make-up and how her hair is tied up. She smiled, being satisfied with how she's looking right now—

 

" gosh, I wonder how many hours God has created me— it seemed like he took a lot of time for me to be this beautiful " she patted herself, saying a good job for complimenting herself. Chaeyeon does that occasionally to boost up her self-confidence.

 

But even so she already think that she looks perfect, she can't fully accept it— anything has never been accepted without Minju's opinion so she took out her phone and snapped a couple of pictures of herself to send to her 'unofficial stylist' Minju. 

 

She sent one full body shot, one where she's smiling, frowning, a fierce one, wacky and a lot more. It's very unnecessary to send Minju tons of her pictures but she did anyway.

 

Chaeyeon sat down " what do you think? I sent extra just in case you are missing me " Chaeyeon messages Minju and in just 5 seconds Minju replied—

 

" pretty " that one-word compliment made Chaeyeon smile lit up. Chaeyeon can imagine how uninterested Minju's face while looking at her photos— she might be judging the hell out of me.

 

That thought of Chaeyeon might be somehow true but the truth is, Minju has always had her phone on her hand in case Chaeyeon is going to message her. The girl is anticipating her best friend's message or call.

 

Chaeyeon then dialed Minju's number which the latter immediately answered, quick as the flash—

 

" I'll ask her to be officially mine today! " Chaeyeon said, almost shouting out of excitement and nervousness before Minju might even get to greet her 'hi' or 'hello'.

 

A brief silence followed.

 

" really? " Minju coughed like something has clogged up " good luck! " she said in a brighter tone but she's still afraid that Chaeyeon can hint how her voice is shaking.

 

" are you sick? Do you have a cold? Your voice sounds strange " Chaeyeon frowned " don't wear thin clothes, it's cold around this year especially this year according to news " she worries about her. 

 

Minju is not around, the girl spends her Christmas break every year without a fail to her grandmother's house which is miles away from theirs. Chaeyeon and Minju have never celebrated Christmas together not even once because of that. It saddens them but they just got used to it and instead, they oath to celebrate new years together no matter what.

 

" no, no. I'm fine, it might be the signal. The signal here is pretty bad these days " Minju excuse.

 

" okay then... I'll call you right after " 

 

" of course you should " Chaeyeon chuckled on how demanding her best friend can be, she nodded her head like an obedient puppy although Minju can definitely not see her " I'll wait for you " Minju said before they end up the call.

 

Throughout the day Minju's mind was flying, repeating what Chaeyeon just told her 'I'll ask her to be officially mine today!' like a broken stereo. It's driving her insane, she just wishes that she didn't pick up that call earlier, maybe that way she'll not be out of her mood.

 

" is there something wrong ija? " her grandmother suddenly sat beside her " you look very bothered, did you not like the dinner " the old woman worries.

 

" oh, no halmeoni! It's actually very good, definitely better than my mom's cooking " she whispered to her grandmother which made the elder laugh.

 

" then what seemed to be bothering my beautiful granddaughter? " she affectionately asked, caressing Minju's hair gently like she used to when the latter is in her younger age " is it about your lover? " granny raised her eyebrow, teasing smile showed up from her lips.

 

Minju softly chuckled at how mischievous her grandmother is " no, definitely not my lover " she softly said.

 

" I guess then... someone who's very dear to you? " Minju nodded— it might be the most proper word for it, a lover is definitely not the correct word.

 

" you know what, your jerk grandfather bothered me when  I was your age as well "

 

" halmeoni, don't curse someone who's already dead! " the old woman laughed and nodded her head.

 

" I loved your grandfather dearly even he always cheats on me— he cheats on me, leaves me for another woman but at the end of the day, he always comes back running to me. I thought then that maybe the reason why is because I am the one who he truly loves "

 

Minju was attentively listening to her grandmother's story, she has heard this a million times but she swears that she'll never get tired of her grandparent's love story. It wasn't the most ideal love story out there but it feels very real.

 

" on the time he cheated again I then realized that... no, maybe not. He comes back to me only because he knew I'm going to be right there where he left me. I woke up from that realization and accepted the fact that your grandfather is not for me "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter