04:

Young love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" you didn't have to, but thank you " Sakura said, pertaining to the homemade lunch that Chaeyeon got for her " I really appreciate it " she sweetly smiled.

 

Chaeyeon is stepping up her game; asking Sakura to have lunch with her whenever their lunchtime meets, giving her sweets and sometimes flowers, constant calls, and messages, waiting for Sakura outside her classroom to walk her home or at least by the bus station. Chaeyeon's really showing her motives towards Sakura and the older girl doesn't seem to dislike it and in fact, she seems to enjoy Chaeyeon's company.

 

" I made it with my mom " Chaeyeon shyly said " I don't know if it will taste good, but I hope you'll like it! " she brightly said.

 

Sakura then noticed her hand, there are some band-aids on her fingers " so that explains this— " she gently grabbed Chaeyeon's hand which made the younger girl get flustered " you didn't have to, you got hurt " Sakura pouted, gently caressing Chaeyeon's banded fingers.

 

" if this is the price of having wounds, then I'd intentionally do it every day " Chaeyeon jokily said but Sakura didn't quite took it as a joke and instead, she scolded Chaeyeon for that kind of thinking.

 

" it's just a joke... " Chaeyeon softly said " I'm sorry " she apologized and Sakura just sighed.

 

Their supposed to be happy lunch turned into a bit sour because of what happened, Chaeyeon didn't think that it will go wrong— if I said that to Minju, she'll just probably laugh her off and tell me to cut my finger off. Chaeyeon clearly sees how she should adjust her humor because Sakura isn't Minju.

 

" oh " Sakura exclaimed " isn't that your best friend? " she asked, pointing Minju from afar with someone—

 

Chaeyeon recognizes the girl who is with Minju, it's that hoobae who Nako was talking about, Ahn Yujin. These days, Chaeyeon is busy enough with Sakura that she fails to be with Minju, she fails to catch up on what's happening with her best friend's life. Their usual routine of eating together and going home together suddenly stopped, all because of Chaeyeon's attention was getting poured to Sakura.

 

It's not all because of Sakura, Chaeyeon has been intentionally keeping some distance on her best friend. After having those weird atmosphere between them these past few days, she decided that for now, she will keep a distance and somehow, Nako's words are still bothering her.

 

" hmm... " Chaeyeon nodded her head as a response.

 

Due to Chaeyeon's absence on Minju's daily life, Minju were left all alone. Since Chaeyeon is the only one who she hangs out with, she was left alone when Chaeyeon comes running towards Sakura's way. That reason made way to everyone who wants to know Minju better have an opportunity to do so— that includes her admirers. 

 

" she's really popular, eh? " Sakura said " almost every senior knows her, even in our classroom, she's pretty popular " she states.

 

" she's pretty and kind, it's not surprising " Chaeyeon said while putting a mouthful of rice inside " she's also mature and comfortable to be with but she's a crackhead as well. Everything about her is balanced " she added.

 

Sakura nods her head as she listens to Chaeyeon's unconscious compliments to her best friend " you seem to know her so well, how long have you been friends? " she asked.

 

" uhhh... I knew her since we're grade 5? Yep, grade 5 "

 

" that long!? " Sakura exclaimed " if she's that admirable and you guys have been together for so long, it's surprising that neither of you has fallen in love with each other "

 

Chaeyeon's spoon had stopped from filling with food— falling in love? With Minju? That thinking has never crossed her mind, not even once. They have been together for years yet she didn't think about having that kind of relationship with Minju.

 

" oh, did I mention? I have this classmate who really admires Minju, her name is Kriesha— " Sakura kept on blabbering about things but Chaeyeon was too occupied to even give interest about what the girl is talking about— falling in love... me falling in love with my best friend?

 

That thought had produced another question on her mind— does Minju had thought about this as well? Has she ever considered me being more than just a best friend?

 

" Chaeyeon-ah? " Chaeyeon was brought back into reality when she felt Sakura tapping her shoulders " you're spacing out, are you okay? " Chaeyeon blinked a couple of times before realizing that she's still with Sakura and she shouldn't be thinking about anything else— especially that kind of weird thought " what are you thinking about? " Sakura asked again.

 

" just... " if I have ever felt something more than friendship about my best friend " my assignment on mathematics, I haven't done it yet " she lied, but it's true that her mathematics assignment was left undone because she can't understand a thing about it and she didn't have a chance to ask Minju to teach her how to do it.

 

" I can help you " Sakura offered and Chaeyeon's eyes sparkled " really!? " she exclaimed and Sakura just giggled about how fast Chaeyeon's expression changed.

 

On the other side, Minju can see Chaeyeon happily eating with Sakura. Her heart is burning—

 

" unnie " Yujin called Minju for the second time but Minju's still nonrespondent so she followed where Minju's looking at " it's Chaeyeon sunbae-nim, isn't? " hearing Chaeyeon's name got Minju's attention " I haven't seen you with her these days, are you two having a fight? " Yujin concernedly asked.

 

Minju just flashed a soft smile and shook her head— Yujin swears that smile just made her lifespan shorter, her heart is beating so fast that she can have a heart attack anytime soon " we aren't, she's just...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter