10:

Young love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyeon received stitches for the cut on her leg, Minju is unconscious. Chaeyeon's parents were already called by the hospital and on their way to fetch and to arrange Chaeyeon's hospital bill; since she's a minor she can't just go.

 

" are we done yet? " Chaeyeon is rushing the doctor who's aiding her wounds.

 

The doctor frowned at her and she immediately apologized " I just really need to see my friend " she explains, the worry is very evident in her voice. She's got far worse than Minju but she still has guts to worry about someone else.

 

" kid, your friend is just unconscious, she'll wake up sooner or later while you— you need to be stitched up " the doctor said, annoyance can be heard from him, it can't be helped when Chaeyeon's been rushing him from the very beginning.

 

Chaeyeon finished receiving her treatment and immediately, she went to where Minju is. Every step she takes, she can feel her back hurts like hell and wound stinging and the initial thought of her stitch will open up, but despite the horror thought, she walked as fast as she could to reach where Minju is.

 

Chaeyeon's body might hurt in every move she makes but the pain in her heart was more fatal than her physical wounds. The picture of Minju crying, the girl's eyes— Chaeyeon kept on having it flashed on her mind every damn second and she swears it's a pure torture. She doesn't like it, not even a bit.

 

Chaeyeon slowly and gently pulled away the curtains and saw Minju on the hospital bed, still unconscious. For a second her heart dropped— maybe she's just overreacting because even the doctors have told her that Minju's fine, still she can't help but get worried.

 

" unnie " Minju's little sister stood up from her seat when she saw Chaeyeon " your parents are still not here? " Chaeyeon asked the younger girl who just shook her head.

 

Chaeyeon smiled lightly and walked closer to Minju, gently caressing the girl's face— please wake up now and tell me that you're okay and everything about your pain.

 

" unnie " Chaeyeon turned to look at Minju's sister " do you want coffee? " she asks and Chaeyeon were quick enough to get what she meant by it— she wants to have a conversation and whatever may it is, it feels very serious.

 

The two pulled back the curtain to cover Minju while they are away. They both walked towards the vending machine and Minju's sister dropped some coins to get two canned coffee for them.

 

They sat on the waiting bench, one seat away from each other " thank you for saving my foolish sister " the younger girl started the conversation " I should have kept an eye on her more, it's all my fault "

 

Chaeyeon looked at her with full of sympathy, not sure on how to comfort the girl since they are not that close to each other despite her being close to Minju " it's not your fault " the only words she can think of to somehow comfort the sullen girl.

 

" I'm not sure if I can ask you this... but... " Chaeyeon bit her lip, she doesn't want to be nosy or something for asking but she did anyway " what's happening? " she softly asked.

 

Chaeyeon can see how the girl gripped on the unopened can of coffee so tight " our parents filed a divorce... " it was so soft that Chaeyeon almost didn't hear it— with gritted teeth, the younger girl repeated what she said in a more clearer way.

 

Chaeyeon's was shocked— she knew Minju's parents and she can say that every time she sees them, she can see the love and affection between the couple. They have a very happy family.

 

Hearing what happened, she can't help but question things— how? Why? And if an outsider like her had that kind of questions, Chaeyeon can't imagine what more Minju who's the daughter has on her mind. Chaeyeon can't imagine how shock and hurt Minju when she learned about her parent's divorce.

 

" it was supposed to be secret, they didn't intend to tell us " Minju's sister paused and chuckled bitterly " but I guess there really is no secret that can be hidden forever " 

 

Chaeyeon slowly reached for the girl's back and patted it gently, it's the best way she can do, it's the only way she can think of to comfort the girl " I was sad over it, sure, but I am quick enough to accept it compare to Minju unnie. Until now, she's suppressing her feelings about it, since she's the oldest child she thinks that she should be the one who should guide me through this but... " she shakes her head.

 

" she was acting tough and all and it's breaking my heart. She didn't have to... she can rely on me as well but she refuses to " tears are now escaping from the girl's eyes, the same silent cry that Minju did earlier and Chaeyeon felt the same pain from watching her pour her pain like her sister.

 

As Chaeyeon comfort the wailing girl, she saw Minju's parents rushing towards them " what happened!? " her mom exclaimed, asking the younger girl " where's Minju!? " she added.

 

Minju's sister looked at Chaeyeon and Chaeyeon offered the young girl a warm smile " go on " she softly said, patting the girl's back for the last time before she guides her parents on where Minju is.

 

Chaeyeon was about to follow them as well when she heard someone shouted her name " Lee Chaeyeon! " it was her mom running towards her " what happened!? " she asked, hands trembling as she touches Chaeyeon's face, it was very gentle touch like Chaeyeon's some sort of fragile figurine that can break in a single touch.

 

" I'm fine mom " Chaeyeon assures her mother whose tears are already warning to escape her eyes " I'm fine... I'm sorry " she said and hugged her mother who finally broke down inside her embrace.

 

She can feel her mother's trembling body— sorry for frightening you mom, she caresses her mother's back to make her calm down. 

 

" let's go now, I've already settled everything " her father seriously said when he reached them, he sounded very serious yet his eyes were full of worriedness. Seeing her parents right before her and knowing Minju's situation right now, she can't help but to thank the Lord and feel sad about her best friend.

 

Chaeyeon left the hospital with her parents, she wanted to check upon Minju before she leaves but her parents didn't allow her to and just told her to see Minju the next day.

 

After hours of being unconscious, Minju has finally opened her eyes— she didn't receive any injury from the fall but due to stress, lack of water and food along with the shock from what happened with her and Chaeyeon, her body shut down.

 

" Minju!? My daughter? " her vision wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter