05:

Young love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyeon and Sakura are already fine, they had cleared their mild misunderstanding which is a big relief for Chaeyeon's side but what's bugging her and keeping her heart heavy is the fact that she and Minju haven't spoken at each other since that day. This is the first time that they had such a big fight and Chaeyeon is very lost and confused about what she has to do to fix everything.

 

Neither the both of them are willing to reach out first to talk— Chaeyeon is too embarrassed and guilty that she has no face to show so she keeps on hesitating about talking to Minju while on the other hand, Minju was deeply hurt.

 

Chaeyeon sighed as she rests her head on the table, it's their general math class and everyone's bored and frustrated about every number and problems that were written on the board. 

 

I can't even solve my problem with my best friend and now our professor is expecting us to solve that? She whines inside her mind as she sighs for the second time.

 

Minju and her were supposed to be seatmates but because of the beef that's going on between them, Minju has asked Chaewon to switch seats for the time being which Chaewon agreed to.

 

" aigoo " Chaewon loudly sighed as she shakes her head " you can't really solve the problem if you'll just stare at it " she said as she pertains to both of Chaeyeon's problems— Minju and that damn math problem.

 

Chaewon has always been Chaeyeon and Minju's classmate but the girl is too quiet and observant that she usually go invisible to people's eyes though she can be savage and weird at some time. Chaewon is the type of girl who's always observing and over time, she has that habit of watching Chaeyeon and Minju's relationship. She's not convinced about the 'best friend' relationship that the two girls are always saying.

 

" wow " Chaeyeon said in a monotone voice " the angel Chaewon talked to me, wow " her eyes were dead and her voice is very unenthusiastic, a polar opposite of what she should sound like with that statement.

 

" what happened between you two? " Chaewon curiously asked.

 

" this is new " Chaeyeon rested her chin on her palm, head tilting to look at Chaewon who's busy solving the math problem given by their professor " since when did you get interested with our life? " she questions Chaewon.

 

Chaewon shrugged " you guys are always together— like a magnet. If someone's at some place, the other should be there as well. It's just weird to see you guys... separated? " she pointed out.

 

" I feel weird as well " Chaeyeon said in defeat.

 

" then go and make it up to her now, I bet it's your fault after all " Chaewon said making Chaeyeon react loudly that it caught the professor's attention and resulted for some flying chalk— a headshot for Chaeyeon.

 

" Ms. Lee " Chaeyeon's posture immediately straighten up " you didn't pass your assignment last time, you got a very low score on our quiz the other day and now you still have guts to mess around with my class!? " that sent chills into Chaeyeon's spine.

 

" stop disturbing Chaewon and get that chalk and solve the problem on the board! " their professor ordered. Chaeyeon felt like her world stopped for a moment while Chaewon is giggling silently beside her. Chaeyeon swears that she'll shave off that angel's hair.

 

" what are you waiting for!? " Chaeyeon immediately stood up from her seat to pick up the chalk on the floor and walk straight to the board. Her walk was too confident but the truth is, she has no idea on how to solve the given problem.

 

Nako poked Minju's arms, they are sitting beside each other " aren't you going to help her? " she asks Minju.

 

" she has the guts to talk to her seatmate then probably she knows how to do things " she said, eyes are still on her paper even though she has already finished solving the problem. She doesn't want to look at Chaeyeon because she knew that if she does, she'll just have the urge to help the girl.

 

" I doubt she knows it though " Nako said as she watches Chaeyeon get frozen up in front of the board " she became like a statue " she added.

 

Minju then lifted her head up, mentally rolling her eyes at her idiot best friend. Seeing how pathetic Chaeyeon is while standing there, she can't help but to raise her hand " sir, I would like to solve it " she said.

 

Minju is a great student, she's one of the top students, one of the pride of school when it comes to academic excellence. Every teacher is in favor of her so this kind of request is easy for her to have " alright, help Ms. Lee " their professor said and Minju immediately stood up from her seat.

 

She silently walks towards the board and gently snatched away the chalk on Chaeyeon's hand without saying a word. In less than a minute, Minju has solved the problem— she made it look so easy.

 

" Alright, Minju's answer is correct " their professor said " you both can now take your seat and Ms. Lee, I'm warning you " their professor glared at Chaeyeon.

 

Chaeyeon went back to her seat, face down on her table and decided to not make any noise for the entire class, she's not going to cause trouble any further. She definitely doesn't want to disturb Minju again, perhaps at least not until the class is going on.

 

When the bell rang, Chaeyeon immediately lifted her head up and looked at where Minju is supposed to be sitting but the seat is already empty— she roamed her eyes around but there's no sign of Minju around, not even a hint of her shadow.

 

" she went out, probably going to eat. It's break time " Chaewon suddenly said which answered Chaeyeon's question in her mind " and maybe it's also the right time to patch things up between the two of you? " she suggested.

 

" I'm still mad at you because of earlier but thanks! " Chaeyeon smiled at her and rushed outside to search for her best friend. 

 

She's determined to fix what the hell is up between them and bring back the Minju-Chaeyeon duo that she misses so dear.

 

Chaeyeon sprint to the cafeteria, thanks to her overly athletic body she managed to be there at a speed of flash, but unluckily, Minju isn't there " aish, where is that girl? " she asks herself as she looked around, neck scretching so long to look at every corner of the crowdy cafeteria.

 

Before continuing on searching for Minju, Chaeyeon decided to buy some strawberry milk " as a peace offering " she proudly murmured to herself and sprinted around once again in the school grounds to search for Minju.

 

 

Minju didn't come out of the room because she's going to grab some snacks, she came out to have some fresh air and she doesn't want to be around Chaeyeon for awhile. It feels uncomfortable, almost suffocating.

 

This can be considered as their first big fight but usually in little misunderstandings, Minju would always be the one who would say sorry or reach out but now, Minju doesn't want to do that. Maybe she sure does say something that sparked the whole fight but she can't just absorb what Chaeyeon has said to her— is saying that to me... is it worth it? Is it really necessary for her to say those things to me? She can't weigh in who's wrong and who's not, affecting her decision to reach

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter