11:

Young love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju's resting her chin on her palm as she watches Chaeyeon on the screen of her laptop— they are video calling because there will be a dry run exam tomorrow and Minju has no notes, not even in a single subject. Chaeyeon insisted on video calling so she can read her notes for Minju even the girl said that she doesn't have to.

 

" are you even listening to me? " Chaeyeon placed down her notebook and frowned at Minju who made it look like the screen has frozen up for she's not moving at all " let's do well tomorrow! " she cheered her friend.

 

Chaeyeon really does have a clear intention about this, she sure does want to share her notes so Minju could do well but at the same time, she just wants to see Minju. This pixelated screen doesn't even give justice on Minju's beauty, she complains inside her mind.

 

" how about you, do you understand what you're reading? " Minju asked making Chaeyeon avoid her eyes— Chaeyeon does write her notes but she doesn't really make effort to understand it for herself.

 

A small smile crept on Minju's lips, she's going through some rough edges and Chaeyeon has been her resting corner— she finds herself smiling and somehow feeling at ease considering the pain she's feeling right now because of Chaeyeon.

 

" you should stop reading it for me and start studying " Minju rested her back on the chair, crossing her arms and that small smile is still written on her lips. Chaeyeon's being too cute and she's having a hard time containing the fluttering feelings on her heart " but keep the video call going "

 

" wae? " Chaeyeon blinked her eyes continuously " because you want to keep on looking at my pretty face? " she jokingly asked whilst still acting cute.

 

Minju giggled as well " aniyo, so if you have something you want to ask, you can go and talk " she said or perhaps I just I just want to watch you, how your eyebrows meet when you can't understand what you're reading, how you scratch your head when you don't know how to solve the problems— I want to keep watching you for a little longer " but sure, you're pretty "

 

On the background they suddenly heard Chaeyeon's mother shouting her name, calling her for dinner " go on and eat first, you don't need to end the call " Minju smiled.

 

Chaeyeon scratched her head " then... " she stood up from her seat and set up her notes for Minju to be able to read it somehow " you can read it just fine, right? " she asks and Minju mindlessly nodded her head.

 

" I'll be back quickly! " Chaeyeon said and rushed out of her room.

 

Minju can only sigh when Chaeyeon was completely gone " does she really expect that I can read it? " she giggled and tried to lean closer to the screen to try but it's hopeless " her handwriting is like a primary schooler's " she shakes her head.

 

She stood up from her seat to grab dinner as well while Chaeyeon is having hers. She'll have to microwave something for her dinner because her mom doesn't usually cook dinner nowadays.

 

When she walked off her room, Minju's trails stopped when she saw her father carrying a huge bag and leaving the house. She watches her father leave and even she wants to run to stop him, her feet just froze on where she's standing at. 

 

Her heart is already broken from what's happening but witnessing everything being hopeless, she can't help but be heartbroken every damn time.

 

Her eyes then went on the living room where she can see her mother having a bottle of vodka on her hands. She bits her lip as she tries to suppress the tears that are wanting to escape— she has never seen her mother in this kind of state, looking broken, helpless and lonely.

 

" unnie... " her head immediately turned— it's her younger sister " I'm starving, I'm going out to grab some food, do you want to go with me? " she asks.

 

After witnessing her father leave and her mother's broken situation, Minju's appetite is lost but she can't just let her sister go and have dinner by herself so she nodded her head " I'll just go and grab my jacket " she said and quietly made way to her room.

 

Minju left a message to Chaeyeon before ending the call, that she's going to grab dinner with her sister.

 

The two girls went to the nearby noodle house—

 

" thank you for the food " her sister murmured before digging in— Minju's just watching her eat deliciously, she's not touching her food and just watching her sister take bites after another.

 

" there are not much people around us, you can cry " Minju softly said which made her little sister froze " you saw appa leaving the house, right? " she asked.

 

The younger girl's head fell down, for seconds she stayed like that but eventually, her shoulders began to shake, tears are now mixing in with the noodles that she's eating earlier. 

 

" why does it have to happen to our family? " she sobs, Minju's tears have also escaped from her eyes but she's crying quietly unlike her little sister who's bawling her eyes out " I know I've said I've already accepted everything but seeing it... perhaps I am not "

 

She doesn't want to cry in front of her sister, not when the girl is already crying hard— she doesn't want to make her little sister feel heavier. It's something that a big sister shouldn't do.

 

" who will be okay with it? " Minju said " it's okay, it's normal "

 

" but unnie, I know you're hurting much more than I do " her sister looked at her, Minju's tears have stopped falling down and her cheeks have already dried up " you can cry as well, I am here " Minju smiled and nodded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter