01:

Young love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyeon was silently crying, tears escaping her eyes. She didn't bother to wipe it off— what's the point of wiping it off now if it will continue on wetting my cheeks. She's staring at blankly at the space, not minding the time and just letting herself cry as much as possible to relieve the pain and frustration that she's feeling right now.

 

In the midst of her being emo, a soft tap on her shoulder caught her attention " unnie " it's her best friend, Minju " I saw your tweet, ice cream? " Minju sat beside Chaeyeon and handed the latter a tub of ice cream and a spoon.

 

Chaeyeon tweeted about wanting to eat some ice cream, she didn't expect for someone to actually buy her one but if someone's going to, it's definitely going to be her bestfriend— Minju. Her best friend has been that way since the first time they met, sweet and caring.

 

" thank you " Chaeyeon softly thanked the younger girl and opened up the ice cream and began devouring the cold treat " how'd you know I'm here? " she asked.

 

Minju frowned " eh? " she exclaimed " as if I don't know someone who's already 18 years old yet loves to go to some kind of playground around the neighborhood " she giggles.

 

" shut up " Chaeyeon murmurs with full of ice cream on , her cheeks are getting full of ice cream making her look like a chipmunk. That look makes Minju smile dearly, her eyes were twinkling as she looks at her best friend's face.

 

" slow down, you might get a brain freeze " Minju softly reminded the girl " and please, don't eat messily, jeez " she added, reaching for Chaeyeon's lips to wipe off the excess ice cream on it.

 

They are both comfortable about each other that they can do those sort of things without getting awkward about it— they hold hands, hug each other, kiss each other on the cheeks and forehead, openly talk about their secrets and problems. They are even close enough to read what each other's thinking by just merely looking at each other's eyes— it's ridiculous.

 

" so what is it? " Minju asked " what's making my best friend cry now? " Minju's voice is so soothing, it makes Chaeyeon calm down.

 

" just... " Chaeyeon murmurs.

 

" ey~ " Minju lightly hit Chaeyeon's shoulders.

 

Chaeyeon sighed " remember the girl that I've been talking about? The one that I've crush on? " Minju nodded, of course, she knew that girl because Chaeyeon hasn't failed to talk about that person every single day " I heard that she's going to move to another place " Chaeyeon sulkily said.

 

" ya, there's bus! You can always go to her, I'll go with you " Minju cheers her best friend up.

 

" she ain't moving to 'just' any place, she's moving to Japan " Chaeyeon beamed " it's not like just an hour away by bus— it's actually another country... how can I... ugh... " Chaeyeon angrily spooned another mouthful of ice cream and shove it inside .

 

" she's moving away and yet I haven't even introduced myself and my admiration for her! " Chaeyeon whines. 

 

Minju was quietly looking at Chaeyeon's face, watching her scrunch her nose with frustration, brows almost meeting each other and eyes full of annoyance and loneliness— Minju adores everything that her best friend does and looks, aside from that look of her eyes whenever she's stressed out and in pain. It's something that Minju hates and never wishes to see.

 

" does it really hurt you so much? Wanting to have something but you can't have? " Minju asked.

 

Chaeyeon looked at her with disbelief in her eyes " of course it does! " she exclaimed " well, maybe you don't understand me because you always have what you want " she sighed and Minju just flashed a soft smile " perhaps that's the reason " Minju said.

 

Minju stood up from her seat, walking in front of Chaeyeon and kneeled down " should I help you? " she offers, lifting her head up to meet the girl's eyes.

 

That words lit up Chaeyeon's eyes, looking at Minju like she's some kind of ray of hope " how? " she asked in a brighter tone.

 

Minju shrugged " I don't know but I'll help you, I promise " she took out her pinky finger which Chaeyeon did as well— they grew up locking their promises to each other with their pinky fingers.

 

" now, would you stop sulking and give me a smile? " Minju asks which Chaeyeon immediately did, smiling widely at her best friend.

 

" thank you " Chaeyeon gratefully said.

 

Minju just shook her head " of course, you mean so much to me than you'll ever know " she smiled.

 

Their plan on Chaeyeon's confession began there, Minju on her mission to clear every obstacle on Chaeyeon way to the girl's way and making sure that Chaeyeon would not chicken out and run away. 

 

 

Their target is their senior, Miyawaki Sakura " oh my God, what are we doing here in hiding!? " Minju annoyedly asked Chaeyeon. They are hiding behind a post just a few meters away from their target.

 

" I don't think I can do this " Chaeyeon shakes her head, hand on her chest as her face began to redden even when the planned serenading isn't even starting yet " nope, maybe not today— no, I can't do it " Chaeyeon is about to  run away but luckily, Minju is fast enough to grab the latter's wrist to stop her.

 

" ugh, I even brought my guitar! " she complained " le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter