Spell

I think I've fallen for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello everyone, here's the new chapter *whew* it's a long one. I hope you enjoy :)

 

Victoria’s POV

Someone tossed a newspaper on my table. I knew it must be Chaeyoung. I look up to see her furious cute little face, “May I help you Ms. Chaeyoung?” I asked as I put down the pen that I’m holding.

“Can you read this?” She said, still looks pissed.

I look down to read the newspaper, it’s written on the paper ‘CEO of Point Magazine to have a date with his girlfriend for the first time in public’. Wow, they are so fast. This is the first time seeing my face on a newspaper and I don’t know if I should be proud or be ashamed.

I look up to her again, pretend to be confused, “And what about it?” I asked dumbly; just to make her more upset.

She sighs, “Even though this person was hiding her face with her hand, I knew it was you. What am I to you? An accessory?”

“No, you are my bestfriend”

“See what’s the point here?” She asked impatiently.

I shrugged my shoulder, “Why don’t you relax first”

“Don’t ask me to be relax. You said that I'm your bestfriend yet, you hid things like this from me. Why am I the last to know?”

I hold her arm as I signaling her to sit down first, “Rosie, look, I know, I'm sorry I hide things from you. I mean... I actually never thought that we will get caught like that”

“I still don’t get the point why you HAVE to hide that too from me. Who do you think I am? A big-mouthed human that will expose her bestfriend? Have I deceived you? NO. So why?”

“It’s because-”

“It’s because I asked her not to” Someone cut my words as I expected, it’s Nichkhun. My fake boyfriend.

“A... Sir” Rosie stands up and bowed at him, I also do the same; he’s still my boss you know and we are in his company.

“If you ask me why I told her not to tell anyone, is because I don’t want my girlfriend to be exposed. She’s not that kind of trophy; she’s mine” He said as he winked at me. Okay Mr. Flirt, that was a good one.

“But since we got caught, so I have no other choice. I still will protect her from those media”

To prevent himself from being overly-confident, I approach him as I push him slightly, “O-kay Mister Boyfriend, time to work” I said.

He turns his body to face me, blocked my body; he leans in, “Do you want to join me to work?” He whispered.

I look down as I push him away, “Go, now”

He chuckles, I bet he’s having fun, “Okay, okay. I’ll see you after work”

I didn’t reply his words as I go back to sit on my chair. My eyes follow his body until he dissapear. When I look at Chaeyoung, she only gasped.

“Okay, enough with the gasping, Rosie” I said. She seemed to woke up from that.

“When did that happen? I- I mean the last time I saw the two of you, you wouldn't dare to look him in the eyes"

I look at her face, it is so hard to lie to her. She is my only one friend that always stick to me but I also can’t tell her about this—well, not yet.

“I'm sorry Rosie…”

“Please never lied to me again. You know I have trust issue and you are the only one person beside my girlfriend that I really trust"

I really am sorry, Rosie, I promise you I will tell the truth. But not now, not until I fugure things out.

I stared deep into her eyes, my mind fought; consider whether I should tell the truth to Rosé or do I have to wait… at least for a moment. My reverie was then awakened by a delicate hand that intertwined mine. I turned around and saw those pair of beautiful brown eyes.

“I need to talk to you” He said in a very serious tone.

His face is so stern, I even could see the desparate in those eyes, I nodded as I let him leads me to his room.

He asked me to sit, I obeyed him.

“What is it?”

“Nothing” He said which make me speechless.

I sighed, “What is it Nichkhun?”

“It is really nothing. I just want to separate you from her for a moment. I know what you’re thinking”

I knitted my brows in confused, “Huh?”

He sat in front of me, he took a glass as he poured water in it, then he took a sip, “You want to tell her that we are only fake dating, am I right?”

I looked down, “Yes”

He sighed, I have a feeling he will scold me—soon.

“What were you thinking? We have a deal, right? If she knew, she will tell others and then everyone knows”

I was right. Tsk. Bossy.

“Would you please calm down? She’s my bestfriend and I trust her”

“No one you can trust in this world, Victoria”

“You’re wrong, Nichkhun. It’s only because you never found people that is genuinely there for you. I trust her because she’s the only one person in this whole world that always been here for me. Stop being selfish for once and think about other people around you” I stated. My emotions really taking its lead it seems like I can’t even control the words that come out from my mouth.

“For once, think about other’s feelings. My feelings; this is new to me, the attention that I get and all… For once… Nichkhun. Stop being selfish”

Crap, why did I say that?

He didn’t say anything nor he gives any emotions. Ugh, I should’ve not said that! now I regr-

“I’m sorry”

He suddenly speak up. Wow, again, he surprised me.

“I’m sorry. I will try to be softer to you and I promise I will try to understand more about your feelings”

I tug a small smile at him, “Thank you”

He clapped his hands which makes me a bit startled, “Alright! Now that you are my ‘girlfriend’” He said making sure that the girlfriend word is on bold and italic, “You should wear something more fashionable”

I chuckle, “Nonsense. I will wear what I want to wear and that’s that”

He shook his head and believe me, it’s really annoying—he annoys me.

“So you’d rather them to take your pictures looking like a weirdo with her bomber Jacket? Or with those pants you usually wear?”

“How dare you! Nothing’s wrong with my outfits”

He stood up as he walks to his table and pick something.

“So you would rather to have your picture taken like this?” He said, handing me the newspaper.

I sigh, he once again has a point. I can’t go around looking like that. I have a reputation I have to keep.

“Fine. I’ll buy those later”

“Uhm, actually, you’re going with me now to buy clothes”

I stood up facing him, “What now?”

“You heard me, Victoria. Now, get ready. We’ll be leaving in 10 minutes”

“B-but”

“Shhh” He cuts me off.

“Fine. I’ll do what you want. But, you also have to do what I ask”

“Anything, princess. List everything you want me to do”

I rolled my eyes in annoyance, “Okay. First rule; No making a scene at work. We have to be professional. Second; It’s my right to trust anyone and that is Rosé and I will talk to her about this. Third; you have to accompany me to places I want to go WITHOUT your guards or driver”

“Noted” He said, in easy and arrogant tone.

I shook my head in annoyance, “You didn’t even write those down”

He leans in, “I’m smart enough to remember what you just said, princess” He whispers.

I push him away, “Fourth, no flirting much. I know we have to pretend but flirting doesn’t count when no ones around; especially when there is no paparazzi. Lastly, don’t fall in love”

He chuckles, ”Okay, princess”

I nod, “Thank you” I said as I slowly walk out of his room. Chaeyoung is looking at me, waiting for me to talk but I didn’t.

“So, are you okay?” She asked from her desk.

“Mhm…”

“Good”

I turn my head to see her who is busy with her paperwork now, “Rosie?”

She hummed.

“There is something I need to tell you but not here”

She ignored her papers and look at me, “Is this about him? If yes, sleepover at my place tonight. I don’t wanna hear your reason to decline it” She said sternly, honestly, I’m a bit scared.

“Okay, besides I don’t have things to do tonight”

“Good!” She squealed. Draw her attention back on her papers.

I look down on my watch, “I need to go” I said to her as I tidy up my desk.

“Where are you going?”

I turn my head to Nichkhun’s room and back to Rosie, she seems to understand it; she nods, “Have fun” with her devilish smile, she spoke.

I rolled my eyes, “I’ll see you!” I said as I reach my sling back and walk away-leaving Rosie at work.

--

 

I can’t believe Nichkhun really drive me to places without anyone around us—without his guards or even his driver. He really just asked his driver to stay at the company or go home because he will be driving me today. I actually kinda shock because the arrogant Nichkhun wasn’t that arrogant.

“Thank you” I said bluntly.

He looks at me, “For what?”

“For not breaking our deals. I honestly feel uncomfortable around the guards. It’s nothing bad actually, it’s just me”

I can hear him chuckles, “It’s fine, actually I kind of like it. So peaceful and I can drive anywhere I want. Hopefully the paparazzi won’t discover us”

“Yeah, but if they do, we know how to handle them”

“Yeah…”

And we go back to silent mode. I’m not a person who can easily make up a conversation or light it up so I don’t know now what to do.

“You’re interesting, Victoria. Really. I’ve never met someone like you and I know it’s riddiculous but I hope we could be friends”

I lost in my own thoughts of how soft he is right now and I’m the only one person that is witnessing this. I admit he can be a jerk sometimes, but the more you know him, the more you can’t hate him.

“Well, it’s getting awkward, why won’t you say something?”

“Thank you?”

He giggles, “It’s better. Ah, we’re arriving now. We’re going to meet my friend. She works for fashion industry; got a chance to styled so many prominent people like singers and actors” He said.

I only nod.

He leads me to the place, I think he often came here as everyone in here seems to know him. He even be the happiest person right now, it’s weird for me to see this side of him but I’m also glad that I can find more about him.

“Luna! Hey, how are you?” He greeted someone as he pulls into his embrace; a beautiful girl that is not that tall but she’s absolutely a goddess; her long and brown hair is really smooth and not to mention her outfits. It’s fabulous! It seems like she just come out from the magazine.

“Luna, this is my girlfriend, Victoria. Victoria, this is Luna, the stylist”

“I know who you are of course. You are on the headline! Everyone is talking about you. I guess that’s the impact when you’re dating Nichkhun” She said, she’s very warmly.

I shake her hand in return, “Hello, I’m Victoria. Pleasure to meet you”

“The pleasure is mine. So… What should I help you with?”

“Uhm…”

“Bring some clothes. I want you to put the magic on her”

“Alright, come here you beauty creature”

I look at Nichkhun, he nods slightly signaling me to just follow her so I obeyed.

Luna is very excited to show me what she can do. She swirled my body and grip my both shoulders, “Well, let me see your look” She said observing my clothes.

“Hmm... I don’t think there is something wrong with how you dress. That Nichkhun—sometimes I never gets what’s inside his mind”

I snorted, “Honestly!” I exclaims, “I mean, the bomber jacket is not that bad” I continued.

“Well, maybe he wants you to look more... Feminine. You can try this one” She said as she pulls out a white mid-dress with cute little flowers border around it, “Also this and this” She continued, giving me more dress.

I hesitantly take the dresses as I look at it very closely. I don’t think this one suit me; suit my image but well, it ain’t hurt me if I try—so I enter the fitting room and try to wear that dress. I swear if I look ridiculous in this dress, the revenge is coming.

--

 

Nichkhun’s POV

I’m waiting Victoria and Luna outside the room. To be honest, I hate waiting but the way Victoria dressed is more stressful to look at than to wait her. Why I said that? Because I know she has so many potentials in her; everything. She can suit every outfit yet she always has almost the same look every day—I mean, the salary ain’t that small, right? She can just buy those cheap clothes and still look pretty—well, I didn’t say that she’s pretty though. Who said that? She's a bit annoying. She can’t even stop talking—do I regret to have an agreement with her? I don’t know.

The door suddenly cracked a bit, slowly revealing the people behind it. I’m not expecting much but I found myself speechless by the transition. I mean—this doesn’t mean the look she gave was bad back then, but right now, she slowly showing her character more and I kind of like it, she just lacks of confident and if she can be more confident, wait for her to finally can rock this world by her existence.

I nodded, “Not bad” I said, try to sound less whipped.

“That’s it? Okay, Mr. Boyfriend, I didn’t follow you around here to just got that ‘Not bad’ kind of reaction!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter