I am.

I think I've fallen for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the following day, it’s even worse than I thought—I keep thinking about it; about Rosie’s words. Dammit, Rosie. I can’t focus on my work—Luckily, I finished the material of last photoshoots that we were doing—well, I mean, the one when I became the model.

I am now standing in front of the editor in chief’s room. I started to feel my hands are sweaty behind the document that I’m holding. I slowly knocked on the door—to be honest, I always feel the tense every time I get to meet the editorial woman. She can be intimidating—I mean she IS… intimidating and may I say that she’s quite annoying—the way she looks at me, the way she talks to me. I even almost convinced that she hates me—and I don’t even know why.

I opened the door a bit to see her sitting on her work chair. I love her room though—it’s very clean.

“Good morning, miss. I have the sample for the next magazine issues” I gulped after that.

She looks up and look at me in the eyes. Even from afar, she managed to make me nervous. She took off her specs, “What are you waiting for? Come in!” She said sternly.

I made my step as I come closer to her, I handed the documents and also the flash disk to her. She soon opened the document, and sighed, “Oh great, you were the model” She said unenthusiastically.

“T-the model didn’t come to the office and so we had to continue our work-”

I haven’t even finished my words but she immediately cuts me off, “And so, you had to step up as the model? Do you think you are a model? Who photographed you? Don’t you think there was someone suitable beside you—or do you think that you were the ONLY one that suitable? And, why didn’t you contact the model until they responded—since it’s your responsibility”

She made sure she emphasized that ‘Only’ word.

I sighed, this is too much. I mean, she insulted my work—man, that is such a bad move. But I tried to stay calm and answered her non-sense questions with a smile—forcefully.

“No. It was because Nichkhun wanted me to be the model and that we didn’t have much time to think or even wait for any longer so we, me and the team just agreed”

She looks at me bitterly. She didn’t say anything for about a minute until she sneered, “Must be great to date the CEO, huh? You can do anything you want and just easily say that he made you do that”

My eyes widened. Yep, she just crossed the line. First, she insulted my work. Second, did she just said that I got the privilege just because I’m ‘dating’ the CEO? Oh hell no.

“Look, here, Miss Tiffany Young” I stated sternly, “I don’t know your problem with me but insulted my work ain’t make you cool. And let me remind you that Nichkhun’s decision has nothing to do with our relationship. Also—it is NOT my responsibility to contact the model. It is the talent team and besides, they did work hard to reach out for the models but they came late. One of them even didn’t show up. So, I think I don’t have anything to say to you anymore, I’ll leave from here. Have a good day, Tiffany”

I immediately rushed out from her room—yes with anger and yes I was really upset with how she talked to me. I didn’t even mind my step until I bumped into someone—or—my boyfriend.

“Hey, hey, what’s wrong?” He said as he gripped my wrist so I stopped my step and that I look at him.

I sighed in frustration, “Nothing. It’s just work”

He nodded—I felt his arm on my back, caressing it, I flinched at his touch—I mean, I already get used to it but since my mind is working weird lately, it’s just… I felt uncomfortable. I think he realized so he took his hand off me, “Are you okay, love?”

No, I am not. How can I be okay when he always called me with sweet endearment like that—we are just pretending and I don’t know anymore what I feel about him.

“Victoria?” He called my name thus bring me back to reality.

I nodded, “Y-yes, I am okay, I promise you” I said.

“Well, would you please come to me to my office?” He asked.

I look around, some people murmuring behind—this is what I don’t like… The talk behind us back is really becoming a thing around here.

I sighed, “Okay, let’s go to your room” I stated as I followed his step inside his room.

I sit on the couch, he knew I’m not okay so he called me inside. Should I end this, now?—I don’t know.

He handed me a glass of water before he sits beside me on the couch.

“Was Tiffany annoyed you?” He asked.

Did he just guess it or did he just knew Tiffany would do that to me?

“I just… Ugh. First, she insulted my job and how I work and then she talked about our relationship—saying it must be great to date the CEO and blablabla oh me! she thinks she great! Just because she’s the editor in chief, doesn’t mean she has the right to talk like that to me or even to anyone else” I said, then realizing I just cursed and this is the first time I said that in front of anyone, I think?

“I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to curse”

He just laughed—he freaking laugh at me, “It’s alright, Lisa cursed all the time”

Yep, there he goes. I think he always talked about his sister more than he talked about himself? That’s a hint he doesn’t have feelings for you, Victoria—and so do you, so maybe considering yourself to end this soon.

My mind was battling; arguing should I or shouldn’t I discuss about our agreement—until he opened his mouth, “And also, I’m sorry about her. Nothing I can do about it”

I sighed, “I understand, she’s the best editor here and I admit it. It just sometimes she really hates me more than she hates people”

“That’s understandable since she had a very huge crush on me”

“She what?” I said in shocked; mouth agape.

He shrugged his shoulder, looking proud, “Well, you heard me”

I rolled my eyes, now she even more annoying.

“Now this is all your fault then” I sneered.

“What? Why me?”

“Because I am your ‘girlfriend’ and she hates the idea of that so she bullied me”

He scoffed, “Well, you don’t need to worry about her. I will talk to her” He said in contentment.

My eyes widened in an instant, no, if he talked to her, she will have more reason to hate me. So, I shook my head, “No, don’t. I mean, I did talk to her earlier. I’m just a little bit upset because she insulted me—after this, I am ready for her next attack, you don’t have to worry”

He nodded, and not long after that, my phone chimed. I saw the notification—it was from Lisa.

“Uhm, hey, I want to ask you” I asked.

“What is it?”

“Is it okay if I leave early? I mean, since I finished my task today—I mean I know it’s still early but I have no photoshoot today”

“My sister needs you?”

I nodded. Lisa just texted me because she needs me to photograph her with her new product or endorsement.

“Well, go ahead. Go meet her”

I was about to say thank you to him but he opened his mouth again, “And maybe stay for dinner?” He asked.

“Uhm… dinner?” I dumbly asked back.

“Yeah, I will cook for you… and Lisa”

Ah, of course, the hospitality that he offered. Why did I just think that he personally asked me for dinner, just the two of us. Ugh, silly. This is why I hate Rosie sometimes, she can get to my head like this.

I chuckled nervously, “Ah, haha, o-okay. I’ll wait until dinner”

He smiled warmly at me..

 

 

It was very awkward. What is happening to me? This never happened before?

I slowly collecting everything on my desk until Rosie came and shocked me with her presence. I snapped at her—which unnecessary.

“What? What did I do?” She asked in confusion—while eating her favourite chips.

I sighed heavily, “Nothing, alright. I gotta go” I said but she stopped me, “Where?” She asked.

“Lisa just called me. She needs my help and since I have no schedule today, I asked him to leave early and he let me-”

I heard her chuckled, “Of course” she scoffed.

Right, that’s Rosie for you.

I’m looking at her right in the eyes, as I pursed my lips, “Would you shut up already?” I said in whisper but keep my tone stern.

“Okay, hold up, you need to chill. Honestly, what is it in your mind lately? You seemed to lose your focus and all. I know you’re not okay and I want you to tell me the truth Victoria”

I shook my head, no, I can’t. I mean—not now. Not before I figure things out first.

“No. Not yet. I mean, I will. But until I’m sure of it. Please, understand me…”

Took her a few seconds until her gaze turned softer as she sighed, “Fine, but promise me, if things bothering you, you tell me right away. Don’t bottle things up, okay?”

I nodded, “Yes, I will. Okay, I’ll see you!”

“Hmm, see you! Take care, Vic” She said before I finally leave the room.

--

 

 

Lisa’s POV

I called Victoria earlier to help me with my new endorsement product that just arrived yesterday and she’s here already. Good thing she’s not that busy today—she told me she has finished the photoshot yesterday at work.

I saw her setting up her camera and the set that we are about to use at the backyard of my house. I handed her a glass of water, “Thanks” She stated.

I sit next to her, “No, Thank you for being here”

Victoria turned her head to see me and smiled, “So, tell me about the product?” She asked.

Right, I haven’t told her much about it—the only information that I gave her earlier was the product is a branded bag.

“Yes, right, I haven’t tell you much about the product. Uhm, it’s a branded bag, it’s black and elegant” I said as I reached out the bag that I put earlier on the picnic table, “Here is the product”

Victoria nodded, “Ah, I see, so, you want me to take a picture of you using that bag”

“Yes, I want you to make it even more expensive than they already are”

“How much is the bag?”

Her question made me chuckled but then she knitted her brows look confused; still asking for the price—she wasn’t kidding when she asked. She really doesn’t know.

“It’s 4,5k” I said.

She was about to say something but I cut her, “In dollar”

And there she gasped, “Okay… what a price”

I chuckled, it was quite amusing to see her like that. She is so innocent and pure—maybe that’s why Nichkhun oppa chose her and well, I love that from him, I mean, he finally have decent type for a woman—that one woman named Tiffany was a different story… she’s so… unbearable.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter