Selfish

I think I've fallen for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Nichkhun’s POV

Maybe if someone see me right now, they would have said I'm so selfish—and I am.

If you think I don’t hate me, you’re wrong. I hate myself for doing this—involving an innocent woman to my family, taking her private life away from her; I knew when she’s agreed, she will lose her private life. All of the medias’ eyes are all on her, what she does and what she wears will become a headline.

I put a lot of pressure to her. That's okay right? For my sister. I do this for my sister...

As long as we don’t put our feelings to it.

I hold her hand, it’s small and really cold. She probably getting nervous because of the attention that she got just now from everyone. I could see in her face that she’s a bit taken aback. I’m sorry, Victoria.

After running away from the medias, we manage to get into the car, I buckle up my seatbelt and start my car engine. I saw Victoria still in daze as she didn’t even move an inch after she got in.

“Victoria?” I called her name; she just hummed.

“Hey, look at me” I said in calm tone, she obeyed.

“Nichkhun, that was... I...”

“I know. I’m sorry but I have no choice” I said as I pull her hand and squeeze it, “Look, I promise I will protect you from them” I said, assuring her.

“So what do we do now?” She asked.

“Stick to my plan. Act as a couple in public for 3 months. If they ask with questions, never replied it, okay? Just walk away”

She nods and she finally getting relax. I ask her to fasten her seatbelt and she obeyed me; again.

I never feeling any guilt to someone but why I feel it now with Victoria?

I try my best not to think about anything right now, so now, I’m driving her home.

“What if my face will be their headlines tomorrow? Or even now? I seriously can’t even imagine how can you used to it? Everyone literally wants to know about your private life! Oh my god” She said in frustration.

“This is only day 1. I live like this since I was a kid. The cameras be our best companion. They want to see us fail, they want to make our lives suffer. Hell, they even make sure that my parents’ kids won’t get their normal childhood” I said pathetically.

I hate when I talk like this. I hate when I showed my emotion to a person; even to her. A person that I just acknowledge few days ago, a person who is never showing off herself in front of everyone, a person whom I took the most precious thing in life: Privacy.

“Why would they do that?” She asked.

I shrugged my shoulders, “I don’t know. Maybe because my family is rich and so that my dad has a lot of enemies out there”

“Nichkhun...” She called, “I know from the first time I saw you, you’re not like what everyone thinks about. I know there is soft spot that you have that you’re not that mean and intimidating--I mean, even though I used to be scared to look through your eyes” She continued but then stopped, her eyes grew bigger as if she realized something, “Shoot, I should stop talking” She cursed but I still can hear her.

She's so honest. Unlike most people that I've met; they have something they hide and I know it. But this girl, nah, she’s just as innocent as she looks. She isn’t that bad I guess... Maybe we could be friends.

I chuckle, “So you used to be scared to look at my eyes? What about now? I’m still your boss”

“Stop saying that you’re my boss. Last time I checked my brain is still here and I still remember lots of things including you as my boss. Besides, you said yourself that you’re not my boss outside the office so put that label aside. Rich people weird sometimes” She cuts my words—and I’m not mad. She was right. Why would I always use the “Boss” terms to her. Who am I becoming to be?

“Right, I'm sorry Victoria”

“It's not like that. I'm sorry Nichkhun…”

She looks down; playing with her fingers. I suddenly remember that we haven't finished our lunch yet, “Victoria, let's eat sonewhere else. Don't you still hungry?” I ask.

“No thanks. I'm not hungry anymore"

“Don't worry about the paparazzi, let's have a quick lunch at my home. I owe you, I will cook for you”

“No thanks. I don't fully trust you, yet”

I smile at her, “Ouch"

She turns her head to see me, “is your sister also popular?” she asked.

He nods, “Yep she is. Also, she's a mod

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter