Eight

Sweet Charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As a couple of days past, Minhyuk has been a bit antsy. He had been that way because, he was trying to figure out when would be the right time to confess to Jiho. He knew he would be rushing since they've only known each other for a week. But the more he was around, he realized how he fell for her in the first place.

He didn't believe in love at first sight.

He believed in finding the person whom enters your heart when you least expect it. Kind of like serendipity.

He sighed since he had been sitting at a table in the most quietest place on campus. The Library. He had been texting Jiho about her whereabouts so they could meet since he had time to spare. His class got canceled and lucky enough, hers did too. So after twenty minutes later, he found her in the library jotting down notes for her mid-term.

He quietly went up to her poking her sides making her jolt up in her seat making a high pitch yelp. She cheeks turned bright red like a shiny apple when eyes went towards her. Minhyuk covered his mouth from laughing too loud and he sat next to her.

Jiho hissed like a kitten, smacking his arm for doing that. She scooted her chair away from his, but that didn't stop him from moving closer. He took out his book and notebook to do the same as her but instead he turned to the left leaning his head on the palm of his right hand. He smiled staring at the girl who could see Minhyuk from the corner of her eyes.

She did her best to ignore him but he kept smiling hoping to get her attention.

Within ten minutes, Jiho sighed glancing over to Minhyuk who had the same smile plastered on his face. "Yes?"

"Stop staring at me and do something useful." Jiho sneered going back to her notes and then stared at the book.

Minhyuk cleared his throat and moved closer to her. He got as close to her hair that was tucked behind her ear. He closed his eyes taking in her sweet peach scent that she used today. He brushed his lips around the outer shell of her ear making the poor girl flinch in her spot.

"Minhyuk stop it." She whispered but a laugh slipped out. She tried to move away from him again but he didn't stop like she pleaded. "Minhyuk."

He chuckled into her ear, slowly moving away. "Watching you is productive."

Jiho couldn't believe him. A smile formed as she shook her head. "You're impossible."

He sighed this time, crossing his arms on the table, tilting his head to the side still staring. "You enjoy my presence, you can't deny it."

Jiho pressed her lips together not wanting to answer but she did either way with a nod. She went back to writing her notes. She felt Minhyuk's gaze on her with a smile. She wanted to cover his eyes or at least for him to stop because it kept making her heart flutter nonstop. Here she was in the library trying to study but instead her mind kept going back to Minhyuk's innocent face.

She stopped writing again and turned to face him with a questionable look.

"I'm not doing anything." He answered her innocently.

"You're staring." Jiho stated.

He moved closer to her again, wrapping one arm around her chair but another thought came across his mind. He leaned over resting his chin on her arm. "I like staring at you."

Jiho bit her bottom lip feeling his weight on her arm. She hoped he would move away soon if not she would really shout at him. Her heart was pounding hard enough inside her chest, wanting to burst any moment. "Min-Ah!"

She flinched with a yelp again from his sudden poke on her side. She closed her eyes again knowing that she would get stares.

That's it!

She nudged Minhyuk with her right elbow making him groan in the process. He moved away holding onto the edge of his armpit. She opened her eyes turning over to him."Serves you right."

Minhyuk bit his bottom lip this time but it formed into a smile.

Nice move Kitty.

He leaned over again leaning his chin on her shoulder this time. "You see, I told you. You definitely have the personality of a 'Kitty.'"

Jiho blushed madly hearing his rich voice next to her as his breathing hit her ear. "Min-Minhyuk.. Will you please stop so I can focus?"

He chuckled knowing he was winning his little teasing game. He s his arm around again making her flinch. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Sure you don't.

Jiho put the tip of pen in to stop her from saying something or better yet, she could have just left, but that ruins the whole point of taken the time to study in the library. Either way, Minhyuk would be pleased getting what he wanted and that's the last thing Jiho wanted to do.

I'll get you for this Lee -

"Minhyuk?"

A voice was heard in front of the couple sitting extremely close to each other. A girl with silver gray hair didn't like the bitterness feeling inside her system giving her all kinds of twists and turns wanting to get that fake girl away from her beloved Minhyuk.

In order to get what you want, play it cool.

She smiled at the two in front of her. "I was wondering if you could help me find a book?"

Minhyuk slowly moved away from Jiho, but he left his arm around her wiggling his fingers tips to her sides. She jumped every few seconds. She hissed trying to shake off his fingers but Minhyuk only kept doing it. "Did you check the computer?"

"Ah, I'm not really good at that." She laughed nervously. "Please Minhyuk, you're good at this."

"Then ask the librarian to help you." Jiho suddenly ordered her. She stared up at the girl and saw another girl approach her. Jiho knew who they were. The girl with golden blonde hair was Chu Sojung, but she went by the name of Exy. The girl with silver gray hair was Kim Hyunjung who went by the name of Seola.

Honestly, Jiho had no idea why people have names and instead they went by their nicknames. The girls stared at Jiho in shock seeing how sassy she was being. That's when Jiho saw Exy nudge Seola as she changed her facial expression.

Jiho's rolled her eyes going back to her notes.

"I'm embarrassed to ask... Minhyuk you're good at finding things and if it's on a high shelf you can get it for me." Seola beamed hoping he would get up and leave the pathetic Jiho from getting her way.

Minhyuk didn't want to move from his place but he ended up giving her a nod. "Alright."

Jiho scoffed shaking her head still writing notes and looking at her book.

Minhyuk saw her reaction and felt something uncertain with her. He didn't know what it was but the moment he stood up. He towered over her whispering in her ear. "I'll be right back."

Jiho only sighed.

Exy smirked knowing her plan is working. She beamed at Minhyuk as soon as he stood up straight. "I'll stay with Jihyo."

"Jiho." Minhyuk corrected her.

"Ah, right. Sorry." Exy scratched the back of her head. She stared at Seola giving her a wink for luck.

Seola nodded following Minhyuk to go and search for the book. When they were out of sight, Exy pulled out the chair that was across Jiho and sat down. She interlaced her hands together with her elbows prompted on the table. She placed her chin on top of her hands smiling waiting for Jiho to acknowledge her.

Jiho felt the pair of eyes on her.

Why did she have to stay?

She picked up her head and stopped writing. "What?"

Exy shrugged with a smile that was not so innocent. "I'm just curious. How did you manage to bewitch Minhyuk?"

Go to hell.

"I mean...with the reputation you have, you must've done something right?" She tilted her head waiting with a smirk. "What's the secret?"

Jiho's eye twitched. "There is no secret."

"Really?" Exy pouted with a frown. "I was hoping there was so I can help Minhyuk and Seola."

Minhyuk and...Seola?

Exy had her eyes elsewhere before she averted them back to Jiho and suddenly sneered seeing Jiho's reaction.

I'm getting her where I want her.

"Oh? Didn't you know? Minhyuk and Seola have this crush thing going on for a while and if I'm not mistaken he is using you for her attention." Exy confessed to the girl in front of her. "I mean... you didn't think he was actually interested in you did you?" She snickered again. "Awwwh, your cute."

Jiho moved back in her seat feeling cold sweat form around her body. Her heart was pounding again and not in a good way. She swallowed hard stilling adjusting to the news.

She's...lying!

Right?

Jiho clenched her jaw as she tightened the grip on her pen before she heard a crack. She looked down at her hand and widen her eyes.

Great.. I broke my favorite pen.

Exy smirked and grabbed the girls wrist tightening her grip."Now that I have your attention, you'll do as I say."

Jiho clenched her jaw again keeping her facade. "Excuse me?"

"You're going to get up, take your things and leave. Stay away from Minhyuk. You're pathetic when everyone knows about you and the teacher." Exy glared and smirked in satisfaction. "Minhyuk will never have feelings for someone like you. Got it?"

Jiho pulled her arm back getting away from Exy's grip and quickly stood up. She started collecting her things as fast as she could to leave.

"Oh wait." Exy called out to her. Jiho stood in her place the moment she turned to take a step. "I'll be sure not to tell Minhyuk that you left."

Jiho quickly turned to glare at the girl but a line of water was filling inside her eyes. She didn't want to cry in front of her but it was too late. She took her steps feeling her heart slowly begin to break. She couldn't believe she let that stuck up girl get to her. She took a turn to the right and down the aisle she saw Minhyuk and Seola laughing away.

Inside her chest, Jiho felt her heart tighten.

She could feel the oxygen slowly slip away from inside making it hard for her to breath. She saw Minhyuk lift his head up in her direction and Jiho quickly made a run for it.

"Jiho?"

He went down the aisle thinking he was seeing another person. Since he told Jiho he would be back, so it was possible he was mistaken her for someone else. Even if it was only for a few seconds, he could have sworn it was her and he saw something in her eyes with a hurt expression. He quickly went to the front and saw the familiar bag with a girl with dark brown hair with her head down walking quickly.

Minhyuk tilted his head wondering if it was really Jiho or someone who had the same bag. The thought stayed with him as he went back to Seola after he found the book. She thanked him going back to the table. But when he got to the table, Jiho's seat was empty and her stuff was gone.

So it was Jiho!

Like a sudden reflex, panic rushed all over him. "Where is she?"

"Minhyuk, we're going to go eat care to come with us?" Exy asked smiling at him completely ignoring his question.

He put his bag over his shoulder after collecting his things and sighed. He didn't care about food, he cared about the lovely Kitty her fell for and why she suddenly left. "Did you say something to her?"

Exy shook her head blinking innocently. "No. I asked her if she wanted to go eat with us as well but she just got up and left. It was actually rude of her."

She wouldn't do that.

"I have to go." Minhyuk tur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter