Ten

Sweet Charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the lecture was over, Minhyuk rushed out leaving Kihyun and Wonho behind. He raced down the hall and took a turn to the left and then another left going to the fourth door on the right. He saw students coming out as their lectures finished at the same time. He peaked through the entrance hoping to find her.

He needed to see Jiho.

He needed to do everything in his power to get her to listen to him.

If not, he had a back up.

He needed to make it right.

Minhyuk sighed feeling his heart sink with disappointment knowing she wasn't in class today or she left before he could catch her. He left the entrance and thought of the tree. He quickly excused himself around the people making his way through the sea of people leaving the building.

He raced towards the tree where Jiho would always be. He had seen her a few times sitting under it listening to music with her ear buds in her ear with her eyes closed. There was another time he saw her reading and writing her notes. He thought she was cute and dedicated never leaving the tree or her studies.

When he reached the tree, his heart sunk again with disappointment. He ran his fingers through his hair giving it a tug with a groan escaping his mouth. "Where is she?"

"She's not coming."

Minhyuk turned around releasing his hair and saw Jooheon coming towards him. He felt nervous seeing his friend who threw him a punch. He stood his ground, keeping his guard up.

"I'm not going to hit you." Jooheon sighed staring at the tree that Jiho enjoyed. When he asked her one time about always being around it. She told him, she found peace and no one bothered her. He smirked remembering her answer. He turned his gaze to Minhyuk, who was waiting for him to continue. "I punched you because you made her cry. I won't stand for it."

"Is she avoiding me?" Minhyuk answered him back. He understood his words as to why he got punched. He deserves it and wanted to hit himself too. Thankfully, Jooheon did it. He felt guilty for falling into the trap. He wanted to take it back.

Jooheon shrugged. "She didn't say. She only told me that she wasn't coming."

Minhyuk went to the bench and leaned forward pressing his elbows on his thighs hiding his face in his hands. "Everything that has happened is a misunderstanding. Shownu and the others know the truth." He looked up and gazed at Jooheon. "I would never do anything to hurt Jiho. I care about her and I...I love her."

Jooheon snapped his head towards his friend. "What did you just say?"

Minhyuk swallowed hard. "I love her."

He confessed it.

"I love her Jooheon. It's like I told Shownu, I know it's fast and I've never felt this way before. She has stolen my heart all on her own without even trying. She has her own...sweet charm." Minhyuk chuckled at his own words.

He fell for Jiho because of who she is. She had her an adorable cat-like face that when she smiled, he felt his heart lift up from the sky and circle the world. He felt happy every time he grabbed her hand and interlaced it with his. It was adorable since his hand size was much larger than her small ones.

He found her adorable when she was just being herself. She had no worries or crazy thoughts in her mind. She was free and at peace when he made her forget.

Minhyuk sighed giving Jooheon his attention. "It was set up by Seola and Exy."

"Wait what?" Jooheon furrowed his eyebrows together wanting to know more.

Minhyuk nodded. "It wasn't the first time either."

Seola and Exy?

Jooheon knew of them. He didn't socialize with them much but they did have small gatherings from time to time. "They were jealous?"

"Seola was jealous of Jiho and Exy helped her." Minhyuk stood up in his place. "I have a lot more to tell you if you give me a chance. But we need Nahyun present."

"Why?" Jooheon cocked one eyebrow up.

"Because she has information you'll want to know hear." Minhyuk stuffed his hands in his pockets and stared at the tree.

Kitty, wait for me to fix this.

Please.

- - -

It was on and off.

The pain.

The stomach pain was either bearable or unbearable.

She didn't go to school today. She probably wasn't going to go to school tomorrow either. Not with the on and off pain inside her.

When Jiho said her goodbye to Jooheon, she went inside going to her room and sat at the edge of her bed. But the moment she did, she felt something squishy and uncomfortable. She jolted up going down the hall to the bathroom, locking the door and checked herself.

Blood.

She hissed getting a few things and knew the next two days were going to be the worse and after that, it would subside.

Jiho laid on her side with a heating pad on her stomach. Her mother warmed it up a few times but then she left going to do an errand. After that, the young girl would have to get up and do it herself.

Jiho took some medicine for the pain but it wouldn't kick in until twenty minutes later and it ended up putting her sleep. She woke up an hour later and stared at her cell phone on the bed side.

She saw it light up every minute.

It wouldn't stop.

She had a good idea it was Minhyuk.

She sighed turning over and the image of yesterday came to her mind the moment she closed her eyes. She got the same pain and sadness all over again. The pain she felt in her heart would break again just when she felt it was done.

When it comes to a broken heart, it never stops until the heart knows when to stop.

Tears would escape her eyes when she tried to go back to sleep but instead, it would slide down the bridge of her nose and went her pillow.

Jiho turned around again on her side and saw her phone light up. This time, she decided to check it. It would bring her pain again but she stopped when she slid it open.

If I read the messages from Minhyuk, he will know I've read them.

She didn't want to give him any satisfaction.

She sighed and saw another log from Jooheon.

Joohoney:

Hey are you coming to school today?

Jiho texted him back saying she wasn't.

Joohoney:

I understand.

If you did come today, you have me and Shownu.

Jiho smiled at his response. She knew that. She knew she had Jooheon and Shownu but even if she wasn't bleeding and in pain, she would have skipped and gone off somewhere else. She would go to a place where it was quiet and peaceful.

A park wouldn't do any good.

Possibly a beach or a hill top cemetery pretending to visit someone she knew.

Silence is all she needed to make her mind go blank or block things out.

But even if it was blocked out, the moment she unblocks it, the memories come back.

Jiho wanted to forget everything. She wanted to get that image and everything she had done with Minhyuk. Her heart was in enough pain and it felt like old wounds from the rumors were opening up again.

A tear slid down her cheek without realizing it. But it didn't matter, her tears were coming and going. It didn't help with her heighten emotions either.

Jiho got up from her bed going to the kitchen still holding onto the hot pack below her abdomen. She wasn't going to let go of it until possibly tomorrow. She enjoyed the warmth keeping her warm.

She got some water going back to her room and getting under the sheets. She closed her eyes hoping just to sleep more and go off into a dreamland without any worries of reality.

I want to forget everything.

- - -

Jooheon had his eyes closed as he leaned on the table in the empty classroom with his friends including Nahyun present. He rubbed his temples letting the information that he missed last night.

He sighed wishing he had taken Jiho to the practice room if he had known what happened or if someone had sent him a message. But it was better for him to keep an eye out on Jiho and her safety than some stupid plot.

Jooheon opened his eyes and stared at Nahyun. "Are you certain about what you told me?"

Nahyun nodded. "I wouldn't lie about this. I don't even like those girls. They are fake!"

He looked over to Minhyuk raising his eyebrows. "This is insane."

Minhyuk nodded with a weak smile on his face. "I know. I really want to talk to Jiho and fix this mess."

"Give her time." Shownu commented as he leaned against the wall next to Hyungwon, who was watching the door. They had been inside an empty classroom informing Jooheon what happened after he left with Jiho. It was new information and a misunderstanding between him, Minhyuk and Jiho. "You can't just drop this bomb on her."

"But-"

"He's right." Kihyun added looking at Minhyuk. "Give her a day, we don't know what's going through her mind. It's probably a mess."

Minhyuk bit his bottom lip looking down.

They are right...but I wish I was with her.

"Oh yeah," Jooheon moved his bag to the side and zipped it open gaining everyone's attention. He stared up at Minhyuk who was looking back at him with a questionable look. Jooheon didn't think it was going to be nerve wrecking with everyone watching but he had to give something to Minhyuk. He pulled it out and handed it to him. "She wanted me to return it to you."

Minhyuk's heart squeezed tightly the moment he laid his eyes on the little cute cat plush. He slowly reached out to it with his hands shaking. He his lips the moment it was on the palm of his hands once Jooheon let go. "Did she say anything?"

Jooheon shook his head even though Minhyuk wasn't watching him. "No. I'm sorry."

Minhyuk stared at the plush and all the memories he had with Jiho in the short time came to him like wave crashing to the shore. He remembered her smile, her laugh, her different expression when they did some role playing of boyfriend and girlfriend.

He laughed to himself before the tears were swelling on the bottom line of his eyes. He wanted to blink them away, he didn't want to his friends to see him this way. His chest was tightening more and it felt hard to breath.

He turned around and covered his face with his arm, letting out silent sobs that could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter