Thirteen

Sweet Charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day rolled around to a new day and Jiho wasted no time for it. She quickly got up from bed the moment her alarm went off. She was anxious and the twists inside her stomach was making her lose her appetite. She became worried if she ate something, it would only come back up instead of staying down.

Last night, after Minhyuk walked her home, Jiho called Yoonji letting her know she made it home safely. She also wanted to thank Himchan for calling Minhyuk over for her. It was needed because after he told her his side of the story, everything made sense.

Jiho felt like a fool for falling into a stupid trap and wished she could have waited for Minhyuk to explain. But instead she ran off.

Jiho couldn't stop blaming herself for a while until Minhyuk kissed the top of her forehead making her feel better since he was in the same boat. He fell for it too. He wished he hadn't but the library was a warning from the start. He didn't understand why it didn't click the second time.

Jiho quickly got dressed, combed hair and put it in a messy bun and ran out her home not leaving a note for her parents since they were already gone. It was just her alone like most days. She closed the front door and walked to the front gate and the moment she opened and closed it, Minhyuk was already there waiting for her.

"Hi."

Jiho's heart jumped with excitement seeing him waiting for her. She smiled automatically, before she could greet him she had to lock the gate. When it was done, she turned back to Minhyuk but he already closed the gap between them and placed his hands on her hips.

"I thought I'd come by so we can go to school together." He leaned down so that their foreheads could only touch.

He smells nice.

Jiho's thought was going blank but she closed her eyes the moment they got closer. She smiled lifting her head up. "I'm not going today."

Minhyuk pulled back staring at her conflicted. "Why not?"

"I'm going to Himchan's apartment to meet Yoonji." She answered him honestly. She smiled softly hoping he wouldn't get mad. But she saw his facial expression the moment she mentioned Himchan. "After you dropped me off last night, I called Yoonji and thanked her for having me and I told her I wanted to do the video."

"What did she say?" He asked curiously, raising his eyebrows.

- - -

"Really? You want to do it! Oh! This is great! HIMCHANNIE! JIHO WANTS TO THE VIDEO!" Yoonji shouted eagerly into the call and Jiho had to move her ear away from the cell phone.

"Really? That's great! I'll give Youngjae a call tomorrow morning." Himchan remarked into the call but Jiho figured she was on speaker and wasn't going to be taken off so she didn't bother asking Yoonji.

"No you fool call him now!" Yoonji told him and Jiho heard him grunt.

"Why? It's midnight! He won't answer me."

"CALL HIM NOW OR ELSE!"

"Ok. Ok. Sheesh. I'm only doing this so I won't sleep on the sofa." Himchan chuckled and Jiho heard their interactions. It was cute and fun. She hoped one day she and Minhyuk could do something like that.

She could picture him whining but adorably and wanting to snuggle next to her like any puppy would for love.

Jiho blinked at her own thoughts and felt her heart racing and looked into the mirror with red cheeks.

Don't think that far Jiho!

You're not official yet!

"Sweetheart you're set! Come by tomorrow by ten sharp!" Yoonji told her and Jiho agreed, they said their goodbyes and Jiho knew tomorrow would be the last of her rumors. It was going to be worth it. Hopefully.

- - -

"So this is strictly business?" Youngjae asked as he was sipping his water sitting across Himchan and Yoonji.

"Yeah kind of." Himchan smiled weakly. He sighed and rubbed his temples starting to worry. He was getting second thoughts on the plan. He didn't want to make things worse for Jiho. He wanted her to free from such rumors that made her think low of herself. She didn't deserve that.

No girl did.

Not when nothing happened.

"This isn't a mistake right?" Himchan asked turning to Yoonji, hoping for an answer that will calm him.

"No its not. She will be nervous but once she says the truth she will feel better once its online." Yoonji kissed his cheek and turned to the younger boy. "How's Luda doing?"

Youngjae swallowed his food down and nodded. "Good actually, I uh.. asked her to move in with me."

"No way!" Yoonji smiled brightly. "What did she say?"

"She is thinking about it. I'm nervous to know her response to be honest. I mean she is always spends the night and I love her. I hope it's not a fast step." Youngjae rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"You're not," Himchan leaned forward crossing his arms. "Whatever she decides just know at the end of the day, she still loves you."

Youngjae nodded smiling. "True."

"But really, you want her to move in with you." Yoonji winked at the younger boy making him blush.

"So where's the girl you told me about last night at midnight?" Youngjae asked changing the topic.

- - -

Jiho followed the directions that Minhyuk had on his phone to Himchan's apartment. She couldn't believe that Himchan used her phone to send his address to Minhyuk. It was wrong on so many levels.

He went into her privacy but knew Yoonji had something to do with it and it was just wrong. But it wasn't just bad, it was also good. She didn't remember where Yoonji took her. Jiho's mind was a mess when they came to the apartment and wasn't paying attention to her surroundings.

She stopped and looked up at a tall building to the left. "Is this it?"

Minhyuk followed behind her and looked up as well. He recognized the tall white building. He looked away for a moment and saw the other homes around it. "Yeah it is."

Jiho nodded looking back at his phone and remembered the number. She handed him his cell phone and smiled. "You didn't have to come with me. I could've asked Yoonji for the address -"

Minhyuk shook his head taking a step closer to her. "I'm not going to miss out on this eventful moment. You're going to be nervous the moment the camera starts recording and you need someone to keep you calm."

"You mean you?" Jiho glared playfully.

"Of course Kitty! I'm not going to let you go in there without me." He cupped her face with his hands. The moment Jiho told him her plans about the video and with Yoonji and Himchan agreeing to help. He wanted to be there for her with whatever she needed. He wanted her to know he was going to be there for her too. "Besides, I'm not comfortable with you going into an apartment with a teacher whom you had a crush on."

"He is my ex-teacher and am I sensing a bit of jealously?" Jiho teased poking his sides making him flinch in the process.

"Yeah well... you wouldn't like it if the girl you love is going into an apartment who -"

Jiho cut him off by pressing her lips on the softness of his cheek, pushing on her tip toes. She pulled back and felt her cheeks already burning.

Minhyuk froze in his place not moving an inch. He took a moment and felt love struck with the kiss on the cheek. He felt his cheeks burning but a smile slowly formed on his face. It wasn't the first time she did that, it was probably the second when they pretending to be role-playing boyfriend and girlfriend. But this time it was a different feeling.

He felt nothing but happiness and love towards her.

"I'm heading in. Do you-"

"I'm going in. I'm not changing my mind."

Jiho nodded and did something she thought she wouldn't do. She slowly held out her hand and waited for Minhyuk to grab it. He looked down at her hand and smiled.

"I should be doing this not you." He grabbed her hand and tightened it.

"Well.. you..you took too long." Jiho turned the moment he grabbed her hand and starting going up the steps.

"What was that?" Minhyuk heard her but he wanted to tease a little bit.

"Nothing." Jiho rolled her eyes but a smile was still on her face. She felt confident knowing Minhyuk would be by her side throughout this whole thing. She barely knew Yoonji but it didn't mean she didn't feel comfortable with her. She did. Jiho felt relieved with Minhyuk at her side. She gave him many chances to back out but he didn't.

He stayed glued to her like any devoted person would.

Especially since she knew his true feelings for her.

Love.

Love is powerful and sometimes it can be blinded by many things for either good or bad. But that's not the path they were heading. It was the kind of love that supports the others choice and that will be there when bad times come and go.

Jiho knew Minhyuk would still be there for her after this was over. She knew this is only one step because her next step was going to change everything hopefully for the better between both of them.

"Ready?" Minhyuk asked as they reached the door with the number he came yesterday. He had noticed Jiho was lost in her own world but he brought her back. "Jiho?"

Jiho turned to him and gave him a nod. "After this is over, I have something I want to tell you."

Minhyuk nodded, agreeing to her request. "Alright."

Jiho took in a deep breath closing her eyes and opened them letting it out. She raised her hand and pressed on the button and heard it ring from the inside.

The moment the door opened, they were greeted with a smile from Yoonji. She hugged both of them and invited them inside. Himchan was sitting at the table talking with Youngjae, who quickly got up and introduced himself to the new faces.

"Shall we get started?" Yoonji asked placing her hands on Jiho's shoulder for a moment and saw her hair. "But first, I need to fix you up just a little bit."

Jiho opened to protest but Himchan chuckled at Yoonji's response. "Don't argue with her Jiho. Just do what she says and all will be well."

Jiho closed and was being pushed to the back room where Himchan and Yoonji slept. The door suddenly closed and Yoonji made Jiho sit on the edge of the bed.

"This won't take long." Yoonji got a few things and got to work.

Meanwhile, the boys stayed in the living room.

Himchan smiled at Minhyuk. "Decided to tag along or-?"

He nodded. "Yeah she told me about the idea you suggested and I wanted to be here for her once she was done."

Himchan chuckled nodding. "Good man. She'll need it but I'm not saying that in a bad way. I just mean, you being here for support is what she needs."

Minhyuk stared at the door that was closed that had Jiho on the other side. "Yeah, I just hope this helps her move on."

"Oh trust me, it will. " Youngjae started setting up his stand with the camera by the sofa. "Despite feeling nervous inside, once it's over and online. She won't have to worry about negative comments. She will get positive since Yoonji decided to help her out."

Himchan shook his head laughing again. "I hope this doesn't look bad on me at work."

"Why would it be?" Youngjae chuckled looking up from the camera. "Yoonji offered to spice things up and besides, it's not all about you." Youngjae snapped his fingers in the air like a sassy girl would do. "It's about Jiho."

Himchan opened his mouth to get after the young lad but Minhyuk butted in. "Wait. What do you mean Yoonji is going to spice things up?"

Both of the boys turned over to Minhyuk and smiled. He didn't know about the added part but it was going to be good. Instead of telling him they stayed quiet not saying anything.

Minhyuk was going to ask again but the door opened behind him and Jiho came out with her hair down, a hint of blush, a little bit of eyeliner and a bright coral lipstick she had on. It reminded him of the same shade for when they had their date at the aquarium.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter