Six

Sweet Charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiho was filled with nerves as she walked to meet Minhyuk, at first she wanted to text him and cancel but it would be rude to go back on her words. She couldn't face Minhyuk like she thought she was.

She ran her fingers through her hair trying to calm herself to stop backing out.

You can do this Jiho!

Just tell him a little bit from the beginning and the whole thing.

After he knows the truth, you should feel better.

Right?

Jiho stopped her tracks whining like a child again uncertain of herself in this situation. Not to mention, she was desperately trying to forget that Minhyuk called their meeting a 'date'. Even though it made her heart flutter with butterflies inside, she felt like she wanted to puke.

"Let me guess..."

Jiho widen her eyes upon hearing the voice.

"You want to back out?"

She met eyes with Minhyuk holding two small coffee cups. She slowly nodded her head.

He chuckled going to her, handing over one of the coffee cups. "I don't know what you like, so I got you Hot Chocolate. Is that ok?"

"Its fine." She took a sip tasting the sweet chocolate going down. "Thanks."

"Come." He grabbed her hand leading to her a park that was empty. All the children were in school making it the perfect place for them to talk freely. "You really don't have to tell me. I can-"

"No." Jiho went to the swing and sat down slowly letting herself swing back and forth. "It's better if I get this off my chest."

He nodded sitting on the next swing doing the same as well. Slowly swinging back and forth as he listened to what she had to say. "No pressure, but you have an hour before classes start."

I'll do it in thirty because I'll need time to collect myself before I go into class.

Jiho took a deep breath and took another sip of her Hot Chocolate and put it down next to her. She turned to Minhyuk seeing him wait for her to start with anything.

"It happened a couple months ago."

- - -

Like every day, Jiho entered her favorite Music Appreciation class because there was one person she was dying to see. Once she saw him for the day, her life was complete. Just staring at his dazzling thin almond shape eyes with his high cheek bones and cupid lips. When he smiled, he looked like an adorable Bunny that she would love to keep forever and ever.

His name was Kim Himchan.

He walked into class carrying his suitcase and placed it on the stand. He smiled at the class as everyone grew quiet.

It was a shame he was her professor but Jiho didn't care. She had a major crush on him. She always asked if there was extra credit to do just so she could talk to him. Every time he spoke, she felt her knees buckle and her heart would explode every time he smiled at her.

She sighed with a smile like she had already fallen in love.

She was hooked on him.

Of course, she wasn't the only girl.

Others were crushing too.

Jiho just did her best to ignore them and just think it was only her. She giggled a few times when she let her mind daydream. She could see herself having a cup of coffee and she accidently bumps into Himchan, spilling the coffee all over. Right then and there, she would tell him to take off his blouse and she will pay for dry-cleaning.

Another fantasy she had would be Himchan tutoring her on a different subject and they slowly got closer developing a relationship that was forbidden.

She squealed at her silly thoughts but knew she had to focus if not her parents would kill her and disown her. Even though it was jokes, her parents just wanted her to do well.

As much as Jiho would pay attention in class, she would let her hand go to the corner of the paper and she would doodle a heart and some initials inside the heart.

She smiled going back to her daydream but the bell had rung making her groan to leave for the next class. She collected her things slowly and a girl with medium length hair glanced over to Jiho's notes hoping to copy what she had missed. Instead, she saw something in the corner and widen her eyes. She got her things and left.

Jiho closed her notebook and put it inside her bag.

"Jiho!" A familiar voice called out to her. She turned and saw Shiah waving with Mimi next to her. "Come on, let's go eat!"

"What? No Yongguk today?" Jiho joked at the older girl linking arms with her and Mimi as they headed to the canteen.

"He is dead asleep. He came back home late with friends." Shiah rolled her eyes."It took me fifteen minutes to remove his arm from me."

Mimi giggled at her. "That's what happens when you sleep together."

"True."

Lunch went the same as always, they talked, they joked, they ate their food and enjoyed each other's company. Mimi's boyfriend, Moon Jongup joined for a little bit but then he left when he got a text from a friend. He kissed Mimi on the cheek before leaving.

The girls walked back to their class but the moment the intercom came on, Jiho heard her name and became conflicted.

"What did you do?" Shiah laughed in shock.

"Nothing." Jiho shrugged and left the Dean's office. She was let in shortly after and saw Himchan leaning against the wall. He gave her a weary smile as he urged her to sit down in front of the desk where Dean Jin happened to be sitting.

Her heart began to race quickly not knowing what to do. She had never been called to the Dean's office before. She always followed the rules and policies. She felt sweat going to her hands as she held them together the moment she felt them shake.

"Miss Kim, may I see your notebook that you use for Professor Kim's class?" Dean Jin asked holding out his hand. He gave her a stern look that made her turn to Himchan.

Himchan sighed giving her a nod. "Go ahead Jiho, we just need to clarify something."

Jiho bit her bottom lip before it quivered. She agreed to Himchan taking out her notebook handing it to Dean Jin. He started flipping through the pages and stopped seeing something in the corner.

"Take a look Himchan."

Himchan pushed himself away from the wall going to the desk and placed his hands on the edge leaning over it. He saw the corner of the notes and put his head down. "Well, there has to be some explanation."

"Then let's hear it from Miss Kim." Dean Jin turned back to the young girl who was still conflicted as to what was going on. "Miss Kim would you mind telling us why you did this in the corner of your paper?"

He flipped the notebook over for her to see what he was talking about and she widen her eyes with her cheeks burning. "That...oh... um.."

"Jiho?" Himchan sighed looking over to her. "It's ok, just tell us the truth."

She fiddled with her fingers looking away from him and wished she could avoid the eye contact of the Dean. But it was not possible.

"You do realize having an affair with your teacher is against the law?" Dean Jin put the notebook down and waited for the young girl to say something. He waited for a minute or two and slammed his hand on top of desk making her flinch. "You can cost Himchan his job for whatever sick game your playing!"

"Raising your voice isn't going to help her answer your question." Himchan moved up from the leaning on the desk and stood up straight putting his hands in his pockets.

"Neither is sweet talking the girl!" Dean Jin roared back to the Professor.

Himchan lost his patience with the Dean. "Nothing is going on between me and my student!"

"I need to hear it from her!" Dean Jin was fuming from not getting what he wanted. "If this gets out that a student seduced a teacher your career is over! Do you want that?"

Water blurred her vision not wanting to look up. She didn't know how they knew about her drawing. It was only for her to see. No one else. She wished she didn't do it out in the open. She wished she could take it back and none of this would have happened.

The tears started to fall hearing their side conversation until she heard another slam on the desk making her look up at the two males in front of her. "SPEAK NOW MISS KIM!"

"NOTHING IS GOING ON!" Jiho snapped at him. "HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG! I JUST HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM! THAT'S IT!"

Himchan widen his eyes at the young girl. It was a sudden confession he didn't expect to hear and it made sense. He felt appreciated towards the young girl but nothing can happen between them. He is the teacher and she is the student.

Besides, he is taken.

"I've never done anything with him. Professor Kim is one of my favorite teachers, he is helpful, funny, smart, and kind." Tears continued to flow down her cheek not stopping.

Himchan felt terrible for her now. He grabbed a few tissues from the desk and handed them to her.

She gazed up at him and didn't take them. She couldn't take his kindness since it got her in trouble. She tore away her gaze and stared back at the Dean. "I'm sorry for causing such a false accusation."

Dean Jin nodded at her honesty but sighed knowing it wasn't that easy. He leaned forward interlacing his hands together. He ended up telling Jiho that he had to call her parents to let them know what is going on. He had to take more action into this and expelled her.

As for Himchan, he resigned his position as a teacher at the campus and got hired at another one. He shouldn't have to be the one to leave but he did for Jiho. She was one of his brightest students, full of light and happiness. Her future would be here and she will face challenges when her expulsion was over.

But he knew she could push through it.

- - -

Jiho sniffled pushing away her tears. She knew she was going to cry while telling the story. She didn't want to cry about it anymore. It was the past, a past she wished she could forget or erase. She turned to Minhyuk who stopped swinging on the swing and got up.

He held out his hands to her and she slowly extended her hands to grab his. He pulled her to her feet and cupped on side of her face. "I'm sorry that happened. I wish I knew you when that happened that way you wouldn't have been alone."

Jiho broke again at his words.

She put her face into his chest and cried. She fisted his dark shirt and shook. Minhyuk held her tightly in his arms as she cried. At first, he didn't like the way she was describing her Professor like he was some idol. It gave him an irritated feeling of jealousy inside. He wished she kept the minor details but she slowly got to the point and let everything out.

"That's why Nahyun said those things to you?" Minhyuk questioned her hair. He felt her nod trying to calm herself. "And those girls in the canteen and when we bumped into each other?" Minhyuk didn't want to pull away just yet but he did and saw the pinkish in her eyes from the tears. He saw her nod again to his questions. He pulled her back quickly.

It all made sense now.

Everything that people said about her are just rumors.

He knew the truth.

He gave a tender smile even if she wasn't looking. He felt relief that he knew the truth and the rumors are lies. He thought back then and remembered hearing about something about a student and a teacher but he didn't give it much thought. He was to anxious about their first gig. He was a wreck and couldn't focus on anything else but the choreography.

Minhyuk sighed hearing nothing but silence from Jiho.

Did she stop crying?

Jiho slowly pulled away and sniffled. "Now you know."

"I do." Minhyuk nodded whipping away a tear. "Thank you for telling me."

Jiho nodded. There wasn't much left to say since their classes would be starting. She got her bag and put the strap on her shoulder. But before she grabbed the other strap, she got something small that had liquid and turned to Minhyuk. "Can you... help me with this?"

He stared at what she had in her hand after getting his things. "What is it?"

"Eye drops." She explained. She sighed giving him a weary smile. "I keep them handy in case I do start crying because of-"

"Stupid people." He finished her sentence. He chuckled taking the small bottle from her taking off the cap. "Lean your head back." It was a good thing he was taller than her by five inches. He didn't have to bend down or anything. He held Jiho's head back gently and put two drops in the left eye and two in the right.

Jiho hissed and fanned her eyes. "Ow! It burns!"

Minhyuk put the cap back on and gra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter