Suspicious Minds

Time For Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Andy swallowed and tried to come with something to stop the third degree. “I…What makes you think those were my…y moans?” Andy couldn’t believe he was having this conversation with the man, he had feelings for, whilst the man was centimetres apart from his face.

 

“I know y moans, when I hear them,” Junjin bragged, leaning back a little. “And those were definitely y moans.” He then elbowed Andy. “So, tell me, who is the guy of Andy Lee’s dreams?” he smiled handsomely, making Andy like him even more.

 

He stared into the curious brown eyes and for a second he actually wanted to tell Junjin. He wanted to reveal his deep secret. But then the phone buzzed on the nightstand and Andy startled. “I have to take this.” he stood up after grabbing the phone and ran out of the room. “Hello?” He responded to the phone, looking at Junjin, who had followed him. “Sorry, this is gonna take a while. Businesses.” Andy claimed.

 

Junjin nodded. “This wasn’t it. I will find out who has stolen your heart,” he smiled. “Pudding,”

 

A tint of red appeared onto the cheeks as he heard the familiar nickname exit those lips. Junjin waved at him as a sign, and shortly, the door opened and closed. Andy finished the phone call and put the phone down. That phone call could have waited, but Andy needed something to distract the older man.

 

“You’re stupid,” Andy mumbled to himself when he saw his reflection from the mirror. “Stupid.”

 

 

You won this round but not the next. Minwoo read the message and sighed. Fear filled him. Dongwan had promised to remain till the end of the case but Minwoo was worried that he would change his mind. To think that Dongwan didn’t want to see him anymore, Minwoo didn’t feel so triumphant.

 

Manse was playing in the nursery, as Minwoo went to watch how he was doing. Manse was too small to understand what was going on. But he wasn’t too young to realise that he wanted to be with Minwoo – live with him instead of Byunghoon. “Hey, Manse ya,” the man greeted and sat down next to him. “What are you playing?”

 

“I am playing with my dolls.” The boy replied. “This is like uncle Dongwan,”

 

Minwoo looked at the doll. The only reason Manse associated it with the man was because the doll was wearing a suit. He also had a briefcase and a similar pensive look on his face. Minwoo smiled and grabbed the doll his son was offering him. “Why is it Dongwan?” He interrogated curiously, already knowing the answer.

 

“Because he is cool,” Manse answered. “And he has a briefcase.”

 

Minwoo grinned.

 

“Where is Dongwan?” Manse asked.

 

Minwoo couldn’t tell the boy the lawyer wouldn’t come to the apartment anymore, when the doorbell rang. “Excuse me,” the dad stood up and walked to the door. “Dongwan?” the voice he let out was revealing. He was relieved to see him. Happiness softened the voice even more. “What are you doing in here?”

 

“I need a sign for few of these papers I just got.” Dongwan moved the sheets in his hand. “Here.” he gave the man a pen.

 

Manse exited the nursery and saw the man at the door. “Uncle Dongwan!” He screamed excited and clumsily ran to the man and hugged him by the legs. “Hello!” he said, looking up at the man. The look on Dongwan’s face softened when he saw the child.

 

“Hi, Manse,” Dongwan greeted. “How’ve you been?”

 

“Good!” Manse yelled. “Come!” he pulled the man quite forcefully into the apartment and dragged him to the playroom. “Look! Look!” Manse yelled and grabbed a toy. “Daddy said it looks like you!” He revealed.

 

“No, Manse, you said it looks like lawyer Kim,” Minwoo had gotten accustomed to calling the man that again. “I’m sorry, lawyer Kim. I didn’t expect him to react like this.” he blushed having to see the man so soon after their little chat at the office. “He just really likes you.”

 

Dongwan stared at the man next to him, and Minwoo cleared his throat. “I’ll…go sign these papers.” he left the room, not noticing how the eyes of the lawyer followed him till he was gone. Manse’s happy sounds exited the bedroom and entered Minwoo’s ears. He heard Dongwan talking to the boy so softly that it was difficult to hear what he was saying. Minwoo signed the papers, and put the pencil down. “Here are the papers,” the man passed them to the lawyer, whose fingers brushed Minwoo’s.

 

The man hastily removed his hands and made sure the lawyer had a tight grip on them. “Manse, say goodbye to lawyer Kim,” Minwoo told.

 

“Bye bye!” Manse waved nonchalantly while playing with some cars. “Let’s play next time.”

 

Dongwan nodded, knowing there wouldn’t be a next time and turned to Minwoo. “I have to go.” Minwoo nodded. “Goodbye, Minwoo.” he turned to look at the receding back and fought the urge to run after him and do something he shouldn’t have done.

 

 

“I kissed him,” Hyesung revealed ashamed.

 

“And?” The other guys said in unison.

 

“Nothing,” Hyesung blinked his eyes. “don’t you think I’m terrible?”

 

The others laughed. “Why on earth would we think you’re terrible? Your husband died a while ago. It will be okay for you to move on. I am sure he would want you to.” Minwoo explained softly. “How was it?” he squinted adorably whilst smiling.

 

“It was—”

 

“Hot?” Andy finished the sentence.

 

Hyesung nodded. “It was so hot.” He sighed. “Like it was all I could think about. But I wasn’t ready to move on yet, and he was so gentleman about it that…I just want him more now.” he added.

 

“I get you,” Andy murmured.

 

“Hey, Junjin asked me about you,” Hyesung changed the topic, because thinking about Eric made him do stupid things. “He wanted to know if you have ever been in love.”

 

Andy blushed. “Why…why would he ask you that?” he stuttered.

 

“Oh, just…” Hyesung shrugged. “He thought you were angry at him.”

 

Minwoo glanced at Andy as if he had realised something suddenly. He was busy dealing with other’s relationships and feelings since thinking about Dongwan hurt him and thinking about the case stressed him. Andy avoided looking at the man next to him, who could read him like an open book. Minwoo had a talent at that. He knew Andy even when Andy didn’t know himself.

 

“Well, I am not,” Andy claimed, but lied. He was angry at Junjin for being dumb. “And he knows it now.”

 

“What do you mean?” Hyesung sipped his drink.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter