What is love?

Time For Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SO APPARENTLY I HAD STARTED TO WRITE THIS RIGHT AFTER THE PREVIOUS UPDATE (LOL) BUT I GUESS I DIDN'T WANT TO UPDATE IT TOO SOON SO I DIDN'T FINISH IT, BUT HERE IT IS. I MIGHT HAVE TO SAY...THIS IS THE MOST FUN I'VE HAD WRITING IN A LONG TIME. LIKE THIS FIC MAKES ME KIND OF HAPPY AND THIS CHAPTER...I FOR SOME REASON LIKE A LOT. 

 

ENJOY!

 

Dongwan said nothing as his eyes spoke more than his words. He then bowed and just walked out of the kitchen. Minwoo reacted when the main door was opened and banged loudly. The newspaper was on the floor, crumpled as Dongwan had seen the news. “Sir,” the butler entered the kitchen. “Who will help you win this case now…?”

 

Minwoo couldn’t answer. He didn’t know what had happened. He blamed Dongwan for something that wasn’t his fault. Dongwan couldn’t have known who had turned against him in his office and had snapped that photo of them. But when Minwoo tried to catch that man with his phone, Dongwan didn’t answer. On the contrary, he hung up.

 

Desperate, Minwoo ran outside, but saw the register plate of Dongwan’s car driving off. It was as if they had broken up. Minwoo felt sick. He felt nauseous. He had made a big mistake. If Minwoo didn’t have a lawyer, he wasn’t going to win. He could never win against Byunghoon’s good image and talented lawyers.

 

When the phone chimed, Minwoo hastily picked it up, hoping to see Dongwan’s name on the screen. Instead, his heart leaped to his throat and made it hard to breathe.

 

See you at court today.

 

Byunghoon’s words bullied Minwoo’s eyes. He could hear the jeering and the teasing even if it was just a text message. What if all of this was just a mean plan? What if Byunghoon had wanted Minwoo to get angry at his lawyer, blame him for everything, and then fire him? What if Byunghoon could read Minwoo like an open book?

 

It disgusted Minwoo. His ex-husband knew him way too well. That’s why it was easy to manipulate him. It was easy to make Minwoo make mistakes. It was too easy. Minwoo was too easy. And now, he was going to lose. He was lawyer-less. He was Dongwan-less. He had no one by his side. He had no one that could help him on his side.

 

---

 

“That is not what it means,” Andy argued with Chilhyun. “That does not mean that lawyer Kim is evil. It means they were betrayed by someone at lawyer Kim’s office.” Hyesung nodded. “It means that what we’ve seen between lawyer Kim and Minwoo hyung, someone else has too. And by looking at this photo, we are correct.”

 

“Andy is right,” Junjin chimed in as they were sitting in the living room of Hyesung’s fancy house. “There is no way lawyer Kim could do that to Minwoo hyung and Manse. He obviously cares about them.”

 

“He used Minwoo. Let me tell you,” Chilhyun scoffed.

 

“No, he didn’t,” Hyesung snapped. “He has always been careful when we’ve been around, why would he suddenly do something like this? It makes no sense. Plus, this happened in his office. He should be able to trust his workers, but alas, here we go.” he tapped the newspaper picture. “Byunghoon is a douchebag. He would do something like this. He has the money.”

 

Quiet descended to the room. Chilhyun had been convinced. “Has anyone heard of hyung?” Junjin interrogated quickly. The others shook their heads. “Have you called him?” the others nodded. “And?”

 

“He doesn’t answer,” Andy told. “He has been MIA for hours.”

 

“I understand him though,” Hyesung rubbed his eyes. “I wouldn’t want to show my face either.”

 

“But none of this is true,” Chilhyun said. “They aren’t together. They keep telling us that. They work together. Lawyer Kim is literally working for Minwoo.” he muttered.

 

Andy nodded. “I don’t think their feelings for each other should ruin the case, should it?” he worried.

 

“Law is complicated,” Junjin explained. “They have certain rules for stuff like this. So, maybe Minwoo hyung was set some rules that he cannot break and by doing this, he broke them.”

 

“But he is not doing anything,” Andy retorted. “They are just staring at one another!”

 

“I know but—”

 

“How can you say that in this photo Minwoo hyung is breaking some damn rules?!” Andy stood up in his seat.

 

“Woah, why are you getting prissy at me?!” Junjin stood up too. “What is the matter with you?!”

 

Andy stared at the man who was staring back at him. Hyesung and Chilhyun glanced at one another and shrugged not understanding what was going on between the two. Andy raised his hands and shook them in defence.

 

“Sorry, I’m just angry at Byunghoon.” he sat down.

 

“It’s okay. I hate him too,” Junjin placed his hand onto Andy’s and the said man startled. “I hate that ing smug face of his and that he would do something like this to hurt Minwoo hyung.”

 

Andy smiled shyly.

 

Hyesung furrowed his eyebrows.

 

“Andy is right though,” he said once again. “What in this photo says that they are in love or are having an affair?”

 

“Yeah, they aren’t even kissing,” Chilhyun muttered.

 

“I think that’s least of their problems…” Junjin said.

 

All of them knew that Minwoo was supposed to meet Byunghoon at court that day. And all of them knew that this was not a coincidence.

 

---

 

“Do you have a problem with me?” Junjin ran after Andy when he was walking outside.

 

“No,” Andy replied curtly.

 

“Yeah, right,” Junjin snorted. “Andy,” he grabbed the man by the arm and turned him to face him. “You’re angry with me. Tell me what I did.” Junjin spoke softly.

 

Andy sighed. “Nothing, you’ve done nothing. I slept miserably and got off with the wrong foot.” he explained. “Since when have you called me Andy?”

 

“You are Andy,” Junjin blinked his eyes. “What else do I call you?”

 

“Pudding,” Andy answered like Junjin was joking. “What happened with that?”

 

Junjin shrugged. “I thought you hated it,”

 

“I do, but—”

 

“See?” Junjin smirked. “I’m doing you a favour,” he tapped the head and then walked off.

 

“But I didn’t want you to…” Andy whispered to no one.

 

---

 

“Where is your lawyer?” someone questioned Minwoo.

 

“He…umm…we…I…” Minwoo stuttered. “He isn’t co—”

 

“Oh, there he is. Lawyer Kim!” the man waved his arm and walked past Minwoo, who turned and saw the lawyer at the doorway. He wanted to smile. He wanted to run to Dongwan and hug him. He wanted to tell him that he didn’t mean what he had said. And obviously, Dongwan had realised that Minwoo hadn’t meant the words he had said. “Are you ready to start?” the man from earlier began.

 

“Yes,” Dongwan buttoned the last button of his jacket, and walked past Minwoo like he was just air.

 

Like Byunghoon had said this meeting was not about settling who gets to have Manse. It was about winning the judge and the others over. Minwoo was nervous, but he kept trying to steal glances at Dongwan, who just stared ahead and nodded, writing something down occasionally. The newspaper article was brought up and Minwoo had to pay attention.

 

Dongwan stood up when he was asked about it and said, “It is such a ridiculous story. I care about my clients, every single one of them. What you see in this photo is how I deal with everyone I’ve ever worked with. Here is the proof,” Dongwan opened his briefcase and pulled out a stack of photos. “Here I am with my previous client, who had lost their child to a murder. And here is the old ahjumma, who lost her restaurant to a big supermarket chain.” he slammed the photos down to the table and looked at the other side of the table – all the while ignoring Minwoo, who desperately wanted to look at him. “I am not stupid,” Dongwan stated. “I would never be involved with a client – especially with Mr. Lee here.” he gestured toward Minwoo but didn’t look at him. “There is nothing between us, because he is just a client.”

 

Minwoo was breat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter