corn latté

Barista Boy

It has been two days and Jongin still doesn't know where the his hyung went.

He sighed, sitting on his own room with the phone on hand, calling his brother--only to end up unanswered. Again. His father didn't do anything though, but he knew he was trying to find him secretly through another agent.

This was all he could do in the meantime. His body was tired from dancing and voice cracked from all the singing, and there was an upcoming schedule in the few days too. Sighing again, he looked up in the ceiling.

Jongin is an idol. From the group 365, he was the center of all the members and he could not believe in his eyes that he'd be landing on a romance drama, along with South Korea's National Husband--Do Kyungsoo.

Everyone, even him, looked up to the actor. He was a total package: he can sing, he can dance, he's handsome, he's cute--Jongin knew he had the potential to be an idol but his acting was so beautiful that the poteniality was directed only to acting. Just the thought of meeting the actor already made people thrilled...

How much more working with him?

There was a heavy lump on his throat as he remembered that next schedule was the script-reading of the drama he went on an audition to. He could not believe that he'd be working along with him as a co-star.

God, he can't believe!

Just the thought of it made the idol blush, considering the fact that he doesn't only look up to him--he has also have some cute crush on him. He actually saw him a few times personally, but had never introduced himself to the actor. He was a shy-type, and all of his dreams he never found himself being with him.

The day finally arrived and Jongin was already red the moment he opened his eyes.

Unlike any other schedules, the filming would happen in the middle of the day, earning him more time to stay more at home, and to eat breakfast with his dad.

'Morning, dad. Morning, gege.' He happily greeted them as he sat on the table today. His father was beside his 2B: bodyguard-slash-boyfriend, Zhang Yixing, eating breakfast silently until he looked up and noticed him. A happy good morning was replied back from the both of them; his dad showing crescents on his smiles while Yixing showed his dimple. 'Good morning.'

'It's only the schedule you have, right?' Junmyeon asked as he sat down the table.

'Hm?' He raised his eyebrows.

'Your schedule with Do Kyungsoo.' Yixing instead replied, causing the idol to blush hard. The bodyguard was the only one who knew about his little crush on the actor as he caught him opening his secret stash of official posters he had him sign through the help of Sehun. But his father had no reaction from it, making him sigh in relief.

'Gege,' He asked as soon as he started to eat. The bodyguard furrowed his eyebrows at him, but he hesitated to ask as it can ruin the both of their day. 'Do.... do you... have news about hyung?'

As expected, his father's face gloomed a bit.

The reason why his hyung went away was because of his dad. Jongdae wasn't even disapproving the relationship his dad and the bodyguard have, because it was the both of them who helped Yixing get out of his fear of confessing to Junmyeon his feelings. What his hyung didn't like, on the other hand, was the fact that he has to carry the whole company and marry a stranger in order to strengthen it. Jongin knew his older brother was a bit of a (he still chased the woman who cheated on him), but he knew that his way of life wasn't on carrying on the company--but to bake cakes and pastries instead. That wasn't the thing his father understood--and of course he knew that. Where the hell would his brother's ness come from?

What he didn't expect was Yixing's reaction; he showed the same smile on his face, along with that dimple his father fell in love with ever since they were kids.

'Oh, I finally tracked Jongdae somewhere.' Junmyeon, who was gloomy a second ago, has his face light up hearing the news. 'He's safe and sound on a small provincial village, I think?'

'How did you know?' The CEO asked him with eyebrows raised, making him laugh. 'Hey, I am not just a bodyguard. Always remember that I was once the president's secret agent.'

Both father and son can't help but to roll their eyes at him. 'What?'

'Can you just tell us how you found him?' Jongin gave him a bored look at he took a bite out of the toast. 'Well, I tried to track his dead phone and found out that he carelessly rode a bus to nowhere and ended up in that village.'

'And?'

'Can tell he's in good hands.' He spoke as he sprinkled sugar on his toast, making the two look at him in confusion. 'Why?'

Yixing gave a small smile before he replied.

'He's actually from the village I stumbled on before quitting to be an agent.'


'Kim Jongin, eh? The idol from 365?' spoke Baekhyun as he gently applied moisturizer on the actor's face.  He gave no words, only a long line was formed on his lips. Everyone knew Do Kyungsoo was almost perfect to be called non-human, except his two lovely flaws--his snarkiness and his very open prejudices on idol-actors, especially those who never had an experience before.

Kyungsoo almost spit out all of his coffee from his mouth the moment someone told him he was going to be casted on a drama with a idol, and that this certain idol will have this drama as a first shot in acting. He hates that, and it's also his first time doing this.

The whole time he was prepping up, he wants to die already.

He had never seen the idol nor he was interested on knowing it, but the thought of having a rookie idol-actor acting along him, who had 18 years of experience---God, he just wants to quit.

But seeing the storyline the director spilled on him one time when they were out for drinks, Kyungsoo thought he could manage. At least, the story is very intriguing.

'Oh, he arrived already?' He opened his eyes the moment Baekhyun spoke again, looking towards the direction people were flocking around on set. There were bits of screaming heard outside (which Kyungsoo was sure that those were actually fangirls), but the murmurs were very evident around as he saw a tall figure sitting far away from him. His personal assistant chuckled as he saw him stare at him blankly before asking, 'Does he break your standards a bit, Kyungsoo?'

An innocent-looking, handsome guy sat on the stool with a smile on his face. At first, he might look greasy, but for Kyungsoo, something clicked inside him that cannot be explained, making him look at him with a huge smile on his face.

Looks like Kyungsoo can do work and play at the same time.