corn café mocha

Barista Boy

'Young master, please remember you have an engagement to worry about.'

Everyone's eyes widened at the man's words, and turned to Jongdae, who nonchalantly whined, 'Eh, but you know my answer already.'

'It's such an important aspect for your family company, young master.' begged Yixing again, this time, bowing his head a little as he stood up. The young master, on the other hand, closed his eyes for a moment, before taking a deep, audible breath, replying:

'Ha.... I don't care.'

'But you still have you do it,' Everyone who's watching them felt like they're watching a family drama on TV, except that it's live and that the young master looked like he's accustomed to the things in the countryside. Minseok and his family, on the other hand, are still processing what's happening in front of them: his parents are still thinking how they got a rich person inside their household, Minsoo is getting excited as she can feel herself meeting Do Kyungsoo in the next few weeks, and him? He's just new to the fact that Kim Jongdae is an actual young master. Their neighbors though, are flocking around with murmurs as they stopped their daily activities to witness this rare moment. 'Because it's your responsibility as the heir of the company.'

'No!' He whined, eyes furrowed in anger with arms crossed. Everyone is shocked, hands over their gasping mouths as they whispered to one another: Young master is a brat??!! Yixing, on the other hand, knows that this is the expected outcome of the situation. Like a father, he sat closer beside him and placed his hand on the man's shoulder. He sighed again, but this time more exasperating that made the young master look at him in guilt.

'Jongdae-ya, I came here on my own volition...'

'Gege, why do you sound more fatherly than my own dad?' asked Jongdae as he averted his gaze, still guilty of being stubborn in front of many people. The man beside him couldn't help but laugh while continuing, '...because I love your dad, you know.'

'You love my dad, huh...' He replied, amused how he used his dad in to coercing him. He knows that once he goes back home, his big dream will never happen---he'll just be in front of some laptop screen, deciding big things for the company his dad once managed. He doesn't want to do it at all---now that he's found another reason to not marry some company president's daughter, he can't bear to give it all up. After a moment of silence, he thought of a decision---it's to do or die.

Like some anime character, Jongdae stood up in the middle of the chattering household, silencing them as they watched him take an imaginary spotlight. He then clenched his fist like some fool, determined but still not sure about the future he'll take. 'I will do it.'

Yixing's face lightened up as soon as he heard his reply, only to be cut off with a passionate shout. 'But! Under one condition!'

'And that is?'

'I will open a ing café!' He replied enthusiastically, causing everyone to widen their eyes at his sudden shouting. Adding to the shock factor, he pointed towards little Corn Coffee Minseokkie, making him confused for a moment before this young master shouted, 'And he will be my ing barista!'


'Good work, everyone!'

Jongin stretched his arms the moment the director clapped his hands, indicating that the filming is done. They are in the starting part of the drama, and at first, it was making him tedious because of his nervousness. It’s his first time in a drama, and to make it more nervewrecking, his crush is also starring with him… He was so nervous and excited about it that he did not slept well. But with the encouragement from fans and his group members, he is able to survive the first week of filming. He then started bowing to everyone, thanking them for their hardwork before sighing.

‘This is more tiring than our promotions…’ complained the idol as he walked towards the dressing room. As he stripped off his clothes, he tried to remember the mistakes he made in delivering the lines, and at the same time the corrections the director made on set. At first, he was depressed, but remembering that his group will have dinner together, he brightened up with a smile on his face.

As soon as he got out, Jongin chatted a little to the main actress of the drama, before noticing a familiar face far away from him. But the moment their eyes met, the idol suddenly averted his—blushing. Just by exchanging stares, he remembered how embarrassed he is at the thought of him; on how he doesn’t know the whole story of the script, or how he shows mistakes in front of him. But what made him blush more is the fact that they’re the couple in the drama instead of the main actress---which sent him towards cloud nine under the imagines of his brain.

Arrgh! If only he could shout how he looked cute in that tiny sweater… Jongin still has his head in the clouds to the point his stylist called out to him for being too long.


Jongin, where are you?

‘SehunI’m on my way now.’ replied Jongin as he finally sat inside the car. He’s excited—of course, it’s the group dinner that lit up his sad mood throughout the day. Like a kid, he gazed at the passing scenery as his manager drove him to the restaurant. ‘Are you all complete?’

Not really, Yunho-hyung is still in a passionate argument with someone outside.

Jongin giggled. ‘Let me guess, it’s Changmin-sunbae?’

Yeah, what did you expect from those lovebirds… Ah, how I wish to be in a relationship right now…

‘Eh, do you want me to date you?’ He laughed, knowing how he’ll react. As expected, Sehun shouted, For ’s sake! Why would I want to date you?

‘Why are you so defensive? You’re just like that because you couldn’t make a move on that one makeup artist you’ve been talking about…’

I couldn’t help it…he’s so cute, Jongin…

‘Yah, you shut up!’ Sehun laughed as the idol moved his head towards the window. The restaurant he’s heading to is now recognizable from his seat, making him smile. Outside was the hyung they’ve been talking about, who’s having his time explaining something to his boyfriend. ‘Ah, I can see Yunho-hyung. Manager-nim’s about to drop me off.’

Okay, see you.

There was a huge smile underneath his mask as soon as he took a step outside the car. He greeted his manager goodbye before speeding off to greet Yunho, but someone awfully familiar suddenly caught his eye, making him stop on his tracks.

This man, arm in arm with another man, on the opposite side of where he was. The guy is so familiar that he followed them towards their destination. He squinted his eyes as he tried to recognize the man, but the happy look on his face went dim as he soon he realised who he was and where they’re going.

It was Kyungsoo. Arm in arm with another man towards a love hotel.