corn doppio

Barista Boy

Jongin quivers the moment he realised that there is filming.

His head started to get messy just thinking about it. Not because he's gonna memorise the script again, nor he's gonna rehearse his lines, but because of his co-star who happened to screw his mind inside out.

That little secret he found out was too much to contain for him, and for hours, the actor was on his mind, floating freely in his brain juice. Fortunately, he was able to break away from him containing his mind when his brother finally arrived, with a guest as a surprise. It fascinated him how his brother changed a lot ever since he got home from the province he doesn't know the name of. Before, he looked like a French baker in the middle of the king's banquet: tired, intoxicated but still baking bread. But now he's a French baker in the 2000s: happy, sober and determined to bake bread until he dies. He doesn't know where he got that analogy from, nor do I, but it just...feels like it.

'Anyway, I'm glad he's happy.' He says out loud as he laid on his bed, staring at the ceiling. After his brain went empty of thoughts, it decided to project the scene he witnessed again and again, making him roll back and forth in annoyance. He should be thinking about tomorrow's filming, but why is he thinking about the actor? It would be fine if he's imagining the scene in the script, but his mind is projecting the personal scene he doesn't even want to remember. Annoyed, he tried to do things: he practiced the choreography for their next comeback; he watched horror movies to scare himself away from his thoughts; he annoyed the hell out of Sehun by blasting a thousand calls (which was left unanswered because Sehun).

And nothing changed. He's still thinking about it.

Defeated, he had no choice but to use his trump card. Sleeping.

Grabbing his blanket, he pulled himself to sleep. He smiled as he dozed off, gladly doing nothing to solve the problem he's facing about himself. It worked!

But it did not.

Because he woke up the next morning from the dream about that scene.

A grumpy look was plastered on his face the whole morning, with everyone noticing it---except his father, who was very stressed about the incident last night. His brother, on the hand, was looking stress free while bring nonchalantly intimate to his 'barista' to the point it looked like they're newly weds. Jongin wanted to tease them, but he's still pissed at his own brain.

'Jongin.' He raised his eyebrows the moment he got called, only to see the gentle smile from the bodyguard. 'Yes?'

'Don't you have filming for your drama today?' He nodded, only to be surprised when Yixing replied, 'You wouldn't mind me taking you there?'

His face lightened up immediately. 'Sure! I'll just tell my manager.'

'Aren't you supposed to be my bodyguard?' asked his dad with a huge scowl.

'But honey, you're not going to your office until later. Just this once, okay? I'll be back, anyways.' Yixing held his hand, which made him scoff silently at their cheesiness. While they are bickering, the idol ate his food; his grumpiness easing a little.

-----

'So what's the reason you're grumpy today?' asked Yixing the moment they are on their way to the set. Jongin gave him a sigh, before pouting. 'Fan problems...'

'Your sasaengs?'

'Kinda...' He lied, looking away. 'But gege, I have a question.'

'What is it?' The bodyguard raised his eyebrows while his eyes are glued to the road. The idol paused for a moment as he breathed in. He knows that it's so personal and that it might ruin his career if he slips his name, but for 's sake, it keeps on messing his head so much. 'Gege, what would you do if you accidentally found out that someone is doing dirty work?'

'Trying to be the whistleblower, eh? Did you find someone doing crimes?'

'No, just a man sleeping with another man.'

Yixing did not answer for a moment, making him dumbfounded. But when he did, the idol got surprised---he laughed. 'Why are you so shocked about it?'

'Eh?'

'Don't you realised your dad and I are like that too?'

'I guess,' He explained. 'But that one feels odd, it's like this man's partner is using him.'

'Is this man a celebrity?'

'Ye...yeah.'

'That's common, Jongin. I know you haven't explored in that part of the industry, but it's common for celebrities to do or have private services either for pleasure or for raising status.'

'I see....' Jongin did not say another words as his mind wandered about the bodyguard's reply. Does that mean that person with him isn't his boyfriend? He wondered, looking out to the window only to see the set in sight a few moments later.

After bidding goodbye to Yixing, he walked with a blank look on his face. The set is flocked with people moving around, and he let his eyes scan the place until he spotted his manager, who was waiting outside the dressing room. As soon as he went inside, the blank, nonchalant Jongin went to full panic mode as soon as he met his intimdating eyes. The actor sat on the farthest part of the room, wearing a school uniform. Just by looking at him, the idol's memories from that time immediately came back as if it was trying to scare him.

'Goo...good morning!' He yelled, causing everyone in the room to turn to him. Embarrassed, he bowed. 'I'm very sorry.'

'What happened, Jongin?' asked his manager. Not wanting to reply especially the reason is in the room, he gave a small, forced smile. 'Nothing... I probably lacked sleep.'

Yeah... he probably has...

But as they soon started, the idol forced himself not to think about that time while at the same time controlling panicking, which made the actor notice something.

'You look stiff...' commented Kyungsoo as they both stood in front of each other. The idol immediately widened his eyes and apologised. 'Hey, are you okay? You seem off ever since you arrived.'

'Ah, don't worry, sunbae. ' He smiled. Wow, I can't believe this, it's so shocking... for him to worry about me... 'I've been thinking too much about things lately.'

'I see.' He did not say anything afterwards. Jongin, after filming, had another thing added on his mind. He noticed that the actor felt... too soft---he wasn't very intimdating that much...

But not until he was called by his manager to come inside the dressing room.

He wondered why---was his acting too stiff to be filmed? Are they going somewhere? Is it about the comeback? Those were in his mind as he entered, only to be met by bare emptiness.

'Is hyung playing with me?'

The makeup artists nor the stylist are around, making him question whether what he heard is real or not.

'Hey, are you blind?' Jongin turned back to see the actor sitting on the same spot when he arrived. He gave Kyungsoo a sheepish smile. 'I..I did not see you there.'

Well, he lied---he just didn't want to see him after his thoughts about him. He was about to leave when he can't escape his evading (and scary) stare.

'Come here.'

'Eh?'

'I said come here.'

Sheepishly, he ran and face him. To his surprise, Kyungsoo grabbed his arm; causing him to sit. The actor, on the other hand, used his lap as his seat. The idol is confused--what's happening?

'I hate you.' Jongin's eyes widened in disbelief as he heard the actor's words. Eh, then why would do this to me then? Sunbaenim, you're so confusing! 'I've been thinking about you all day...I can't even have one night stands anymore...'

Before he could process and think, the actor pulled him to a rough kiss.