corn coffee decaffeinato

Barista Boy

After that commotion that shook the whole village, the two set out to pack to go to Seoul. The sudden decision surprised not only the bodyguard himself, but rather the whole community. They are sad that their Corn Coffee Minseokkie is now off to the city to sell it--but they got no choice, the man himself agreed to it. As the night fell, the two decided it's time to pack.

Looking at the opened bags in the room they shared, Jongdae thought that maybe his decision is a bad one.

It just felt like he's taking away a cat from its owner.

'Is this is okay for you?' He asked, concerned. He is worried since this is his beloved province, and it is where he started to sell his now-famous coffee, but to his surprise, he gave him a smile (that gave irregular beats to his heart). 'Yeah, of course...why?'

'I feel like I'm taking you away from here.'

'No, it's fine,' He turned his back from him as he went to his closet to pick up his clothes. Minseok actually had a dilemma about this, but knowing that he's a few steps on becoming a barista, he must grasp this opportunity. 'Since you hired me.'

'How about your parents, then?'

'Ah...' The country boy paused for a moment as he remembered the bright faces of his parents, making him chuckle. 'They're actually happy, you know---I'll be a barista.'

'I see,' Jongdae was relieved upon hearing about it. He got scared because it's not easy to trust such city sleazebag like him, but knowing how this coffee boy would be taking his first steps, he reassured him. 'Hyung, don't worry about your training, okay? You'll be taking classes. I'll bake while you brew.'

'Wait, you bake?' Minseok stopped and gave a look of disbelief. Looking at his overall appearance---those piercings and hair, plus those outfits---don't suit at the job he's going to do at all. Jongdae whined as he saw him scanning while doubting him, 'Hey, don't judge my appearance! I finished in baking and I'm also a patisserie!'

'If you say so.' He continued, but there's one thing bugging his mind the whole time. That man who came to them in the morning is so peculiar, like he's so close with him and at the same time not. 'Anyway, who's that guy earlier?'

'Oh, him?' Jongdae's face brightened up, and the man can sense it on his back. 'He's my dad's personal bodyguard and boyfriend!'

'Eh?' The man chuckled at his furrowed eyebrows. 'Yup! He's his childhood friend...He got hired some time after our mom died then we set them up together knowing they're each others first loves.'

'Your family sounds funny, huh.'

'They were trying to reason that it's immoral because of mom, and they're so stubborn,' He continued, slumping himself on his clothes. 'But I'm glad that they're together now.'

'I wish I have a relationship like that...' The country spoke, shoving his underwear in his bag.

'Don't you...want to try...doing it like that with me....?' Those sudden words from Jongdae made Minseok turn his head in shock, leaving him speechless. 'What are you sayi...?'

As if someone poured water on his face, the young master widened his eyes in realization, making the both of them turn their blushing faces against each other, embarrassed.

That doesn't feel right at all... They both thought.

 


As the sun rose up to its morning glory, the two of them woke up with two different feelings in their hearts: Minseok with his excitement of being able to achieve his dreams that he never thought he would achieve, and Jongdae with his somber as he regrets agreeing to the deal---because there's someone stealing his heart now.

The two agreed to ride the bus instead of being fetched by the young master's chaffeurs, for the sole reason of saying goodbye to everyone in the terminal. And to what the city boy expected, there were crying and some curses (they were aimed at him), with them saying thank you to him. As they rode the bus, Jongdae noticed that Minseok shed a tiny tear.

Their whole ride towards the city can be summed up to three things: silence, tour guiding and coffee drinking. The whole ride was silent for most of the time as they were still looking at the green grasslands and plains along with the farm animals, then it became a field trip as Jongdae carefully answered every single thing Minseok asked the moment they arrived the city. And of course, who would've forget---the coffee. The young master was surprised when the country boy told him that he bought the ground corn he roasted at that time he was talking with Yixing. They ended up drinking some of it afterwards, reminiscing the provincial life.

'You know, if we use this as our coffee, I'm sure our café will get famous in no time!'

'What are you saying...!' Minseok protested, trailing off his words the moment he met his eyes, only to find himself blushing. There's really something about this two that has been forming ever since they were in the province. They would steal glances that leave traces of tinted cheeks, and with silent that sometimes s up Minsoo whenever she sees them. They are unaware of this phenomenon, just a pair of es in love. So, such scenes as these were part of the everyday life. As our country boy went speechless, the young master finally realised the awkwardness and immediately turned his head to the window to get this weird, unexplainable feeling he has on his chest.

This motherer still wonders why his cheating girlfriend is not in his mind anymore.

And at the moment they finally arrived at a bus stop, they were surprised to see a familiar man in a black suit waiting for them, along with an expensive car parked not far from the stop.

'Yixing?!' exclaimed the young master. 'I thought---'

Jongdae was cut off the moment the man smiled, showing his dimple. 'Welcome home, young master and Minseok-sshi. We have been waiting for you.'