corn cafe americano

Barista Boy

If it weren't for Minsoo screaming about a burglar inside the house, Minseok would've gotten the right amount of sleep he needed.

His eyes flew open as soon as he heard the fearful scream from his sister, and the first thing he saw was Jongdae with eyes wide, standing there. The man was looking like a lost puppy that didn't do nothing, and here is his annoying sister, well she doesn't even know who he was or how did he get inside, so it's fair.

Minsoo sat on the ground full of fear in her eyes, and the neighbors were trying to flock at her in worry, asking where that was, and were telling her not to worry. But later on went okay as soon as Minseok stood up, with his bed hair sticking out of his head. 'Why are y'all there?'

'Oppa,' His sister was pointing something with her trembling finger, making all of them turn to the one beside him, all ready to take on. 'Look at that person beside you, he's a burglar!'

He turned to where she was pointing and instead to everyone's expectation that he'd be surprised, he just simply said: 'Oh him?'

'Why are you simply standing there, Minseok?' spoke one of the men around. 'Catch him!'

Everyone was on their way to attack the poor man through the window until he raised both of his arms and shielded him. 'You all, stop! Stop! He's a friend of mine.'

All of them stopped, including Minsoo, and looked at him in disbelief and confusion. Minseok was literally born and raised all of his life in the province. Never did once he stepped the soil of the city, but how come he has a friend from the city.

'What are you looking at?' retorted Jongdae as he noticed every single villager was checking him up and down. He finally realised that they were looking at his clothes and whispered to Minseok, confused. 'Are they always like this when someone from the city comes here?'

To his surprise, a hand met his face. 'You're stereotyping, you little...'

'Why are you friends with this man, Minseokkie?' An old woman spoke as she narrowed her eyes closely, and Jongdae chuckled at his nickname that earned him a nudge in the stomach. 'He seems awfully familiar.'

'Ah, I met him on the terminal today,' He replied as his face lit up when he remembered, but it made him feel weird when the rest were agreeing. 'He's from Seoul too... so?'

He moved his eyes to see Jongdae's eyes widen; this time not in shock, but in fear as if he knew something they knew. Worry was spreading on Minseok like a mother that he went beside him and asked, 'What's wrong, Jongdae?'

'I...I---' He replied, struggling to form words as he was already trembling, but he was cut off when one of them said, 'Oh! He looks like the son of DMUMT Corportations!'

 


'You are?!'

Both brother and sister said the same words with shocked faces as Jongdae confirmed it. All the nosy villagers were gone, and they were eating lunch when he said out of the blue that he is... in fact that CEO's son. The city guy was trying to avoid the flying rice that flew off from the both of their mouths and sighed. 'What are you going to do next, tell them?'

'No.' spoke Minsoo, who was very sure of herself. All in her mind was in a whole mess, and she felt like she was the next Albert Einstein the time Jongdae confirmed it.

Meeting Jongdae meant having a chance to meet Jongin, his brother, and then having that chance to meet Kyungsoo!

Deep inside her soul, she is already screaming. Jongin was Jongdae's idol brother, who was an upcoming rookie idol leading in a new romance drama along with Kyungsoo. wanted to say that she really wants to meet the actor in front of Jongdae, but she shut up.

'Why?' He asked, making the girl feel like he was testing her. She had to reason out in order not to spill the little thing had been itching to tell and she did control it, giving that serious face in front of him. 'Because...you watch dramas right?'

'Yeah, and?'

'And they were right about how people in provinces really spread things quickly.' She gave him a quick shrug, but then surprised him with her hitting the table with her hand. 'Now, what's the reason why a spoiled brat like you is up here in our village?'

'Hey, I'm not a spoiled brat!' He defended.

'You are!' Both of the siblings replied again in unison, and turned to see the older one coming out from roasting. He immediately laughed when he saw the big scowl on the man's face, making him know that he was being teamed up by them. 'Yeah, Jongdae. What's the reason why you're here.'

'My dad really wanted me to take over the company.' He spoke after a few moments of silence. The expectation to see sad faces around him immediately vanished as he saw them look at him like it wasn't a surprise, making bury his hands on his face. 'Have some sympathy, guys. Goddamnit!'

'Eh? What are we supposed to tell you? We're sorry for you?' replied Minseok, who was raising an eyebrow at him. Minsoo later on added, 'Isn't that also expected since you're the CEO's son?'

'I know,' he replied, making him sigh in disbelief. 'But how come you looked like you know all of this?'

'Well, Do Kyungsoo's drama taught us.' The girl spoke before looking at her brother, who then shrugged along with her. Jongdae could not help but to facepalm and laugh, replying: 'As expected from the Nation's husband.'

'So... is that all?' Minsoo asked again, as she felt like there was something missing and that's on the tip of the man's tongue. 'He also told me to marry.'

'Well, arrange marriage is also common to company holders. Am I right, Minsoo?' spoke Minseok as he fistbumped his sister, making Jongdae more frustrated than usual. 'Yeah, but I really loved some girl, and I want to marry her.'

'Ain't that common too?' She raised her eyebrow at him. 'Like? In every rich people drama, there's an arranged marriage-thingy happening in order to make the company bigger, but then you have someone you really love, but they ain't rich or anything, but you wanted to run away with them because you think that the life you have right now isn't really the life you wanted?'

'You're really a fan of that actor, huh?' He gave her a smirk. 'You pretty much summed up my love life. Except for one thing.'

'And that is?'

'She cheated on me.'

'Oh damn.'