corn coffee ristretto

Barista Boy

'You're going to meet her tonight. I don't care about your whining, but you must do what I say now---you promised.'

Jongdae groaned just thinking about his dad, and pulled his necktie angrily. He doesn't want to get married at all; after getting Luna out of his mind, he wants to chill and enjoy life---not to be tied down by some chaebol who's just there for her parents' money. Jongdae narrowed his eyes. Isn't he also a chaebol?

'God, for sake, why must I suffer...' He mumbled under his breath as he took a good look at himself before going out. He knows it's just dinner with that girl, but the irritation he feels! It's impeccable! He wants to run away again, to go back to Minseok's house and stay until it's over, but it's impossible---he must stop being a coward and be a proper son, even at least once. He kept that huge frown on his face as he was about about to grab the door, but it shifted to surprise as cat-like ones met his.

'Oh, Jongdae-sshi!' exclaimed Minseok, who still smells coffee. Jongdae has let him go train to be a professional barista, and that huge smile on his face gave way that he's enjoying every single moment of it, making him smile. 'Did you enjoy your first day?'

'Uh...yeah,' He replied, not meeting his eyes. Seeing the young master in a formal suit, Minseok couldn't help but to check him from head to toe, examining it with feelings of amusement and...love? He doesn't know why, but he felt his face heating up the more he'd gaze at him. It's so odd---he's so different when he's at home and on special occassions. 'You...you look handsome.'

'Eh?' The young master raised him an eyebrow, offended. But he knew he meant no harm, so he decided to , and smirked. 'Are you saying I'm not?'

Hearing that question, Minseok's whole braincell malfunctioned. He felt confused---his cheeks are heating up too much and his heart is beating too fast he can't breathe. He quickly averted his evading stare and answered: 'No...it's just that...'

Jongdae furrowed his eyebrows.

'It's...I can't explain it...' He continued, stammering. He kept looking around for words, ignoring the person in front of him. 'My heart beats fast seeing you like this...'

Hearing those words, Jongdae suddenly felt his knees lose their ---his heart jumped; his breath hitched and his face blushed like a fool. He couldn't believe he heard those embarrassing yet so exciting words coming from him. Why is he so excited? What is he getting giddy for? Why did he have the urge to become a hyper puppy and frolick around like a clown? What did Minseok do for him to get all this shy and ? It's so embarrassing yet...

He feels happy hearing it.

Even while riding the car to the restaurant.

Just seeing that shy expression on his face, his lips suddenly formed a smile, and seeing him all embarrassed in front of him makes him laugh out of nowhere---and his driver is getting scared of him already. He...he just can't explain it. Minseok's face earlier makes him feel light-headed, and he just feels happy thinking about it... so why...? It's his first time feeling this---Jongdae shook his head while grinning.

He's really going crazy!

As soon as they arrived on the restaurant, he was not met by the girl (which is wrong, he didn't even fetch her---the ery!), but rather a worried-looking woman in formal wear. He knows this woman is the girl's guardian. To his surprise, she kneeled in front of him while repeating an apology. 'Mr. Kim... I'm so sorry!'

'Eh... what's wrong?' He asked, tapping her shoulder before gesturing to stand up. She was silent for a moment, but anxiety filled her face later on, replying, 'I'm so sorry, Mr. Kim! Mina-sama has....!'

'Is she coming late?' He asked before mumbling, 'I hope she doesn't come though...'

'What did you say, Mr. Kim?' He immediately shook his head. 'Nothing, nothing... so, is she coming late?'

'No, Mr. Kim. Mina-sama ran away!'

Jongdae blinked for a thousand times after hearing her words. Her? Running away? What the ! That should be me doing it, for 's sake!


'What?! Ms. Myoi ran away?!'

'You heard that right, dad.' He replied while looking outside with a smug look on his face. After that miracle, Jongdae reassured the woman that he's not mad (but rather thankful) and immediately went away with pure bliss on his face. It immediately turned sour as he heard his father click his tongue. 'You sound so happy, huh.'

'Why wouldn't I? It's a win for me!'

'You know that this is for our company, right?' He heard him sigh. 'I don't even know whether you're my son or brother anymore...'

'Anyway, dad, are you home already?' He asked, a huge smile slowly forming on his face. 'Yes, why?'

'How's Minseok?'

'Why are you asking me like he's your pet? You dum---'

'Just answer me already, please!' He whined, which was replied with a sigh. 'He's making coffee with us.'

'Eh, really? I'll be going home quick!' He replied, ending the call immediately. He then told the driver to come home faster, and before he knew it, he came running inside with a huge smile on his face. Everyone's eyes were all into him as soon as he arrived in the kitchen, but his eyes went to the one stirring coffee near the sink. Jongdae still showed the same, bright smile, but as Minseok suddenly locked his eyes on him, it got dropped.

Why?

Because he saw Corn Coffee Minseokkie blushing.