Chapter 4

Another Chance

I was still in Jihoon’s studio. I was contemplating if I should leave or not. Then I heard someone calling for me.

 

“____! ______!”

 

It was Gabby. I walked out of the room and went to her.

 

“ what's up? Is everything okay”, I asked her.

“ Yeah, I just couldn't find you. You were with Jihoon for a pretty long time.”, she said with a smirk on her face.

“ Imma stop you right there. We just talked about his fashion and how he gets other people to pick it out for him.”

“ did Wonho-samchun say anything about you know what?”, she asked

“ No, not yet. This could take a while to do. It's never a right away type thing.”, I told her.

 

Gabby and I were chatting for a bit. She was giving me information about the other members, and she actually did my half too. I honestly didn't know how long Jihoon and I were talking.

 

*chring chring chring*

My phone rang, the caller ID was Jisoo. Jisoo is a friend of mine. Jisoo has helped me with a lot of mission while in Eukarya. He, also, is the only one that knows my Jihoon situation.  I haven't seen him for almost a year now, so it's nice to hear from him. 

 

“Oppa! How are you?”, I greeted him

 

“ I'm fine. I heard you're in Seoul. When can you meet up?”, Jisoo asked me

 

“ I am. I'm doing a mission with Gabby right now. And I have something to tell you later on when we meet up. I'm free tonight at 6 pm if you want to go then?" I said to him over the phone

 

“ Great! I'll see you then" Jisoo answered back

 

*call ended*

 

“______-ah" a voice called to me.

 

It was Jihoon again. Gabby bowed to him and he did the same. They greeted each other. I bowed to be polite, but I did not look at his face. I don't know why he keeps coming for me. I already told him I do not want to talk at all.

 

“ What are you two doing after this?” Jihoon asked

 

“Ummmm Nothing really. _______ does not have anything until 6,” Gabby answered him.

 

I gave Gabby a glare. Why do you have to be so talkative today? Like you couldn't just say we have to unpack.

 

“ Oh,” he said with a pause. “ The other members wanted to see if you guys wanted to hang out with us. I mean to get to know us that is, but since you guys have plans. We can do it another time.”, Jihoon said with a slight disappointment in his voice.

Thank god I don't have to be out with him. Like how hard is it to understand I do NOT want to talk or be part of his life anymore. 

*chring chring chring*

My phone rang again. It's Jisoo-Oppa. I wonder what he wanted.

 

“Hi, Jisoo-oppa. What's up?”, I answered the phone.

 

“ I'm so sorry ____, but I can't make it tonight. I totally forgot I had dinner with the boss. I'm so sorry. Can we reschedule? What about tomorrow at noon? We can have lunch” Jisoo confessed.

 

“ Oh no dont worry about it Oppa, but tomorrow I have work. Are you free at 8 at night though?”, I asked him

 

“ Yeah I should be free by then. Sorry again. This boss thing is really important. But I'll call you back soon. I have to finish some paperwork.”Jisoo said over the phone.

 

I hung up the phone and Jihoon was still standing there. Then Mingyu showed up with Joshua and The8.

"Hyung, did you tell them?" Mingyu asked

 

"Yeah, I did. Are you all able to go now?" Jihoon asked with a grin on his face.“ Since it seems like ______ plans were canceled."

 

“yeah come with us, Gabby and ____”, said Wonwoo, who was walking our way.

 

I looked and Gabby and she looked at me. I gave her a shrug and she did the same. We couldn't say no to them. I mean we could, but that would be rude. Plus we needed to know them more on a personal level for our job. 

 

* a couple of hours later*

 

I was walking around the building by myself checking where everything was. While Gabby was doing some paperwork assigned to her. As I was walking I could see the practice room, there were a bunch of trainees being evaluated. It looked pretty intense in there. I was so focused on the trainees, I bumped into someone.

 

“oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?”, I asked the stranger.

 

I looked up at the stranger and it was Jihoon. I turned back and tried to walk away from him.

 

“______, please wait. I really do need to talk to you.” Jihoon begged me.

“I’m done talking to you. There’s nothing to say.” I said trying to walking away.

“The reason why I left is that I couldn't keep living that life anymore. I wanted to know that my family is safe and that they wouldn't be endangered. I didn't want to leave you, but I had no choice. You're one of my dear friends, but I needed to know my family will be okay. I'm sorry".

 

I turned around to him.

 

“you think I don't want that for my family? You think I want this life? This is the only way I can protect them. I have resources and abilities by doing this than doing nothing. I am trying my best to keep everyone in my life from danger. But you're the one that thought this life is a burden. You threw it away. You threw me away like I was nothing. You knew I was going to be there for you, and I thought you were going to be there for me too. But you became too much of a coward.”

 

I was holding back my tears. I dont want him to see me cry. I want to leave. I wanted to be assigned another mission, where I do not have to see him ever again. But that's the coward way out. 

 

“That's why I'm sorry. I should have talked to you. I shouldn't have thrown you away as I did. That was my biggest regret. I'm begging you please forgive me. I did something stupid, I'm paying the price for that now.” he said grabbing my hand.

 

“ I don't know Jihoon.  I can’t just forgive you as nothing happened.” I took my hands away from his. And I walked away.