Chapter 2

Another Chance

 

A week has passed since seeing Jihoon again. I was waiting for Gabby to get off the plane, so I can take her to our apartment.

 

“_____!” , a familiar voice shouted at me

“Gabby!” I said hugging her.

She looked pretty excited but tired from the long flight.

“Dude I can't believe we’re going to live in Korea. Did you get us enrolled for school?” Gabby asked as we headed out of the Incheon airport.

“ Yeah. The campus is really cool. I'll show you around when we get the chance, but first, we have to check on Jayson for our mission.”

“ this mission must be serious if we have to live here for so long,” Gabby said in a concerned voice

“ I mean there have been disturbances before, but this one almost  someone's powers.”

 

*skip to us arriving at the apartment*

 

Gabby was unpacking her belongings while I was setting up the webcam. I called Jayson to see the details of our mission.

 

“Hello? Jayson are you there?”

“ oh hey _____. What's up?”

“ we need the information about our mission. Do you have them ready?” I asked

“ Oh yes. Your mission is to see the disturbance around a certain property in Seoul. You will be undercover as the stylist for a group named “Seventeen". The building is where the disturbance is at, so it's a perfect cover.”

“Seventeen? Meaning the kpop group seventeen?”, I said interrupting him

“ you know of this group?” he asked,

“ yeah Gabby and I know of them.”

 

Gabby and I couldn't believe that we had to be stylist for Seventeen. We’ve been fans for so long and longed to meet them one day. But the thing Gabby does not know that I actually knew Jihoon. And the history between us is not so well. I could tell Gabby was getting excited, but she had a calm face while Jayson was on webcam.

“You girls will start your new jobs tomorrow morning. You will need to go to Pledis. Get your badges and get an acquainted with the other staff. I have a friend named Wonho that works there. Just tell him who you are and he’ll show you around. Well, girls, I wish you luck. And remember to keep a lookout for those threatening the balance of the worlds.” Jayson hung up and Gabby and I just looked at each other in disbelief.

“Dude what? We are working for seventeen. Okay. Okay, we need to calm down.” I said to Gabby 

I knew I couldn't put my feelings into this mission and if I knew I had to keep this secret from Gabby. I didn’t want to, but I can't risk jeopardizing this mission over my past.

“You need to sleep, we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow. Good thing school doesn't start until October here. We have plenty of time to get acquainted with the members. Oh and remember we CAN'T show that we’re big fans of theirs.”, I said to Gabby.

“ Okay, I'll try to get some sleep. Good thing I didn't really nap in the plane.” Gabby said with a yawn.

We both headed to our rooms and closed the door. There were so many things popping up in my head. I told him to leave me alone, now I'm working for him.

“ Woow great job ____. Ughh I really don't want to see him.”, I said to myself

The light from the moon peeking into my room through the window. I kept thinking of Jihoon and I and how I was to approach this situation. For hours I had scenarios in my head. The morning light came out of the window. I looked at the clocked it read 7:30 am. We had to be there by 9:30 to meet up with Wonho. I went to the kitchen to cook breakfast for Gabby and me.

“ Hey ____, where are the towels?” Gabby asked while going to the kitchen.

“they're in the cabinet next to the bathroom door. It’s on the top left.”

We both sat down for breakfast. Neither one of us were talking. It seemed Gabby didn’t sleep either. She must be nervous, due to the fact this was her first mission.

“ Don't worry, just relax. You’ll do fine.” , I said trying to comfort her.

“ yeah I know it's just this is my first mission, and we get to meet Seventeen”, she said while washing the dishes.

We both started to get ready. The clock read 8:20 am. I drove to Pledis’ building. It was hard to find a parking space. Finally, after 20 mins searching, we found a space. Gabby and I both got out of the car. There was a path leading to the front desk that was decorated with posters of Seventeen, Pristin, Nu’est, and Afterschool. We walked up to the front desk person. She looked confused as she saw us heading to her. Gabby and I gave her a big smile and asked if Choi Wonho was available. She told us to wait, so she can go get him from the studio.

“ oh hey! Your that girl Jihoon-hyung was talking to before, right?” said a tall guy wearing short sleeve shirt and basketball pants.

It was Mingyu. Gabby and I bowed to him. He went up to us and gave a big smile.

“Did Jihoon-hyung do something to you?”, he said jokingly.

“ Oh no. I'm here for work" I said to him, trying not to look directly into his eyes.

“ oh wow! What department are you working for?” , he asked.

“ We are the new stylist”, I said with an unsure voice.

Usually, I don’t break my role, but I was talking to Kim Mingyu. To be honest, he’s one of my bias in Seventeen. So I started stuttering while talking to him. He must have noticed because he put his hands on my shoulder and told me

“Don’t be shy. I know you both will do well.”

Gabby and I almost had a heart attack from his gester.

“_____, Gabby welcome to Pledis.” said Wonho samchun. “ Mingyu-yah Seungcheol is looking for you.”

 

“Okay, Wonho-hyung" said Mingyu with a sad look. “ I'll see you both around. My name is Mingyu by the way.”

He bowed and left to see Seungcheol. Mingyu didn’t look so happy leaving. I looked at Gabby and she looked back at me. We both were lost.

*through telepathically*

“ What just happened?” I asked Gabby with a confused face

“ I don't know, you tell me. You're the one he was talking to. And you were talking to Jihoon? What's that about?” Gabby asked with so much curiosity.

“ oh no. I bumped into when I was eating and I dropped something. He just gave it back to me that's all"

That was a lie, but what am I suppose to tell her. Wonho samchun was still showing us around Pledis. The last stop was one of the studios. As we were heading in, all the members have gathered around.

“ Everyone this is _____ and Gabby. They are your new stylists. Please be good to them.”

I looked around, to see Jihoon’s face in such a confusion. He did not see this coming whatsoever. I did not as well.