Chapter One

Another Chance

 

I was walking around Seoul to find a place to eat. There were so many restaurants to eat at, but I couldn't pick. I was alone for another week until my friend Gabby arrives in Korea for our mission. You see, Gabby and I were what you can say “special". As in we lived in two worlds where one world has powers, mutants, and all those superhero crap you see in Marvel and DC comic, oh and in anime and the other is Earth. Gabby and I were sent to Korea to find out why there was a disturbance in the area. Not only did we have to do this mission, but our lives are a secret to our friends and family. You see, I was born in both here on Earth and in Eukarya. It's rare to have someone that is born in two worlds, meaning that person has great power and much danger that comes with it. Gabby was recently recruited to Eukarya due to her family's history.  Well enough talking about myself, I need to find food.

As I was wondering around the neighborhood I saw a nice restaurant with jajjangmyun. The food smelled so good, my stomach began to rumble. I sat myself down on a table. 

“Ahjumma, can I get one jajjangmyun and one cola please" I requested the worker.

“Okay, sweetie.” the ahjumma responded back to me.

“thank you!” , I responded back

*chring chring*

My phone started ringing as the food came. It was Gabby.

“Yo wassup?!”

“_____, did you get the car and everything ready?” she asked on the phone

“yeah I'm getting it done today. I just got hungry. Dude let me call you back it's really loud in here", as I hung up due to the loud noises coming from the customers. 

“aight bye!”, she said in a hurry,

*sigh* I have so many things to do in such a little time. I needed to get my car from the dealership, get some furniture, and sign up for classes in the university for Gabby and I. Hey a girl needs her education, even with the mission on the line. I was getting up to pay for my meal, and as I was leaving the restaurant, I bumped into someone. I dropped my wallet and the stranger picked it up.

“ I'm so sorry, are you okay?”, I asked the stranger as he handed my wallet to me.

“______?  You're ____ right?", said the stranger

I looked up and it was Lee Jihoon. My heart started aching as I looked at him. He wasn’t alone; Joshua, Seokmin, and Mingyu were with him. I looked at him with a confused face. I was hoping the conversation would end if I pretended not to know him.

“I’m sorry. Do I know you?”, I asked Jihoon as I was stepping back from him.

Jihoon looked at him with disbelief. He didn’t say anything after that. He just stood there.

“Jihoon-hyung!”,called out Mingyu.

Jihoon turned around to Mingyu and the others. So I decided to leave since I had the chance. I walked passed Jihoon, without looking or speaking to him. My heart was aching too much for me to actually talk to him. I started speed walking away from the group and as I got around the corner; I heard my name being called.

“______!! Please wait up.” called a voice

It was Jihoon. I ignored him and walked faster. As I was getting to a bus stop, I felt a hand over my shoulder. Jihoon had stopped me from getting on the bus. 

“_____. Please, I need to talk to you.”, he begged for me to stop and listen to him

“There's nothing to talk about Jihoon-sshi” I told him with a cold tone. I brushed my shoulders away from his grip.

“I know you're still mad at me. But please hear me out" he looked at me with guilt in his face

“Jihoon. I don't care about anything you say to me. You chose to do this, not me. I just want you to leave me alone. Please. I followed your “favor" now follow mine.” I told him

 

There was intention between us. You could feel it a mile away. I wanted to leave, but he did not allow me.

"______, I know what I did was wrong. Leaving you was wrong, but please can we talk about it." His voice began to quiver.

“Jihoon, you told me you didn't want anything to do with Eukarya and the people in it. Well, guess what, I'm part of those people. You threw me away 5 years ago, even though I was there for you and supported you. I was your best friend, but you pushed me away.”, I scolded him

“I know what I did was wrong, but please let me make it up to you,” he begged even more

Jihoon looked desperate for my attention, but I was not going to give it to him just because he looks sorry. 5 years is a long time to wait. I loved him, but he only cared for himself. I supported his wishes to become an idol; even though it might cause a lot of problems.

“Jihoon, don't you think its already too late for that. It’s been 5 years since our last encounter. If you wanted to make it up to me, you should have done it the minute you realize you messed up. I don't care for your excuses anymore. Next time you see me, please just leave me alone.”

 

I walked away from him. I got on the bus and left him there. I looked back and saw he was just standing there. As the bus moved further away, my vision of him disappeared.