Chapter 3

Another Chance

Gabby and I introduced ourselves to everyone. We told them we were from the states, and that we moved to Korea to pursue nursing and such. And how fashion was our outside hobby.

 

“ Since you guys got acquainted, why not start talking to the other staff to know their measurements and such. They should be here in a few minutes. For right now just start to get to know them more and their interest and what they usually wear. I’ll leave you to them. You boys don't give these girls a hard time.”, said Wonho samchun.

 

He walked out of the room. My heart was beating so hard, I thought they could hear it with the silence that filled the air. Mingyu broke the silence, by asking Gabby and me wherein the states did we live in. I told them we lived in Sacramento, California. And all I hear was

 

“ Aye you lived in California too? That's pretty cool.”,yelled Joshua.

 

Joshua came up to Gabby and I gave us a handshake. And started asking us where we went to school and such.

 

“Oh, we didn't live there for too long. We’re originally from Vegas.” Gabby told him in English.

“ we went there once. It was really cool. We saw a show in Bellagio and took a picture in front of the fountain.” he said with a smile.

“ Really? Did you like the show?” Gabby asked.

 

Gabby and Joshua were getting to know each other pretty fast. Maybe because he was so friendly at first and he knew English. While they were talking I saw in the corner of my eye, Jihoon looking straight at me. The other members started doing other stuff, due to the fact they were preparing for a comeback. I ignored Jihoon. And went to talk to Mingyu about his style and preferences. Mingyu, then, showed me what his fashion. While Gabby was studying Joshua’s fashion. I saw Jihoon coming our way.

 

“Hi, you're _____, right? I met you outside the Jjajangmyun place. Sorry again for bumping into you.”

 

“Oh no, it’s okay. I was my fault too. I wasn’t watching where I was walking.”, I said with the fakes smile I could conjure up deep within.

 

“You need to know my fashion taste and such right? Are you able to do it in my studio I kinda have something to do?”, Jihoon asked.

 

I looked around to see if I could help another member and Gabby helped him, but no other member was around. I looked at Jihoon and nodded. He seemed surprised I didn’t make any excuses not to be with him.

 

“ Which one is your studio? I’ll finish with Mingyu in a bet and go to the studio after I’m done.”, I told him.  

 

“Mingyu-sumbaenim”, I chuckled “ If you want to talk about your fashion more you can kakaotalk me.”

 

Mingyu looked at me with embarrassment, “You know about that?”, he said looking down and blushing.

 

“Yeah.”, I answered back with a laugh.

 

I was finishing off studying Mingyu’s style and went to Jihoon’s studio.

 

*Knock Knock Knock*

 

Jihoon opened the door and smiled at me. I went inside. He had a black panther figurine next to his computer. By that, he had a black panther mask and mug. This boy really was obsessed with the character. He closed the door and it was just the two of us in the studio.

 

“_____, why are you here?”, he asked while taking a seat on his chair.

 

“Jihoon-sshi, I must know your style of choice. Is there a particular brand or aesthetics you want to show?”, I asked ignoring his question.

 

“_____, I'm serious. What's going on? Why did they send you here?”, he asked in a more aggressive way.

 

I looked at him, giving another fake smile and said “Jihoon-sshi, if you do not give me information about your style of choice; then I must move onto the next member. My job is to be Seventeen’s stylist. I am here to learn about everyone's style, so I can make it comfortable for everyone to be on stage.”, I said in a firm yet calm manner.

 

I got up from my seat and headed to the door. He ran in front of me. He was blocking the door. I heard the knob turn. Jihoon had locked the door.

 

“You are not leaving until you tell me what in the hell is going on.”, he screamed

 

“This does not concern you one bit, Lee Jihoon. What I do here is none of your business. Now, leave me be. I have done what you asked of me the last time we saw each other. So, why is it so hard for you to follow mine. Whatever happened it is already done. THERE IS NOTHING LEFT OF OUR RELATIONSHIP. I will not concern myself into your business, so don't concern yourself into mine.”, I exclaimed.

 

I could tell he was hurt from what I just said. But I did not care. Why should I care for someone who threw me away like I was nothing? Even with all the support and care, I'd given him. Returned it by leaving me alone. I thought he was going to be there for me. But Jihoon was just like everyone else that left.

 

“Can you please just listen to me? I'm begging you. I know I messed up, and I'm so sorry   that. I didn't know how much you meant to me until you weren't there anymore. You have no idea how much I wanted to go back and fixed things with you. I have just too caught up with my life here, it’s been hard.”

 

*knock knock knock*

 

Jihoon opened the locked door.

“Jihoon-hyung, why was the door locked?” Chan asked while coming in.

 

“Oh sorry, I didn't realize I locked it. Must be a habit.”

 

“well, the hip-hop team is looking for you. They wanted you to check out their lyrics.”,Chan said to him.

 

“okay tell them I'll be on my way. Just give me a few minutes.”

 

Chan left to tell the Hip-Hop team.

 

“_____, I'll be back. Just wait for me. Please"

 

Jihoon left the studio. I sat there wondering if I should leave while I still can.