Chapter Nine

Until the Last

--2 weeks later--

Jennie

It's been 2 weeks the last time we talked. And it was the most depressing, I ever thought of Lisa. She was really drown in love. But she never loves her back. Seriously, that was too depressing. Lisa doesn't deserve this kind of treatment. But well, the incident was really happened. I have no choice but to accept from what Lisa what she are. If I could turn back time to the good old days, I really think that I could fight for our love just for sake that I really love my girl. 

It's too late to apologize! Past is past really. 

The secretary of the General started to gather us up for the meet-up for our assigning to our duties. 

All of the higher officer, Lieutenat Colonel going to Lieutenant gathered up in one field. 

I saw Lisa was really not in the mood to talk with somebody else. I just release a deep sighed. After we gather up on the field. I saw all the enlisted ranks started to stand straight in the field also. Oh my? Are we gathering up for a real war? 

I just shook my head and we started to do our officer ceremony to march going to the field together with the enlisted ranks. 

After a few minutes we arrived at the field and we stand straight. All of us started to stand straight and we really discipline our balance skill despite for the sunny weather. 

"ATTENTION" The Colonel said. 

"HOOAH" All of the soldiers including the officers synced in. 

"Today we are gathered up for our announcement that who will stay and who will go to our designated areas that we assign!" The Colonel said. 

"HOOAH" All of us synced in. 

"For the war going to the Afghanistan, starting with the officers!" The Colonel said as he read the list of names. 

"OF-4 Lieutenant Colonel Lalisa Manoban and OF-4 Lieutenant Colonel Choi Seung-hyun would be assign as your OF-4 officers to the enlisted ranks!" The Colonel said. 

Lisa will assign on the real war. 

"OF-3 Major Kim Heechul will be assigned as your OF-3 officers" The Colonel said. 

Oh, Colonel please say my name and I would feel honored to serve my country and especially to Lisa. My thoughts.

"And in the Captain..OF-2 Jennie Kim and OF-2 Kim Seokjin will be assigned as your OF-2 officers" The Colonel said. 

Oh yes, he announced my name! It's time to serve my country. And I will do anything to protect my other comrades especially to Lisa. 

"Lastly, in the Lieutenant's. OF-1 Kim Dahyun, OF-1 Kang Seulgi, OF-1 Min Yoongi, OF-1 Park Jimin and OF-1 Kim Hanbin will be assigned as your OF-1 officers" The Colonel said. 

"Officers that I called. Please go to the other side so that the enlisted ranks could see your faces" The Colonel commanded. 

Now we have started going to march going to the sides and I saw the other officers who'll be our fellow comrades going to our designated places.  

After seconds all of the officers, including me stand straight.  

Then the colonel started to announce the enlisted ranks and I heard the fiance of Lieutenant Kim Jisoo would join the force. And now the colonel started to announced the other things. 

"So to all the officers and soldiers that who'll assign to our destination. Pack your things up as soon as possible because your transport "CASA/IPTN CN-235" would arrive sooner or later" The Colonel said. 

"HOOAH" All of us synced in. 

"Now to all the Korean troops going to the war. Do your best to serve our country! Help your each other comrades! Understand soldiers?" The Colonel said. 

"YES SIR" We shouted. 

"Now go! Pack your things up. Leave a letter from your love-ones before you go to the real war" The Colonel said. 

"YES SIR" We shouted. 

We started to march going to our barracks. Now we started to go our destination rooms. My room has a two bedrooms. Well me and Dubuare room mates. So both of us started walk going to our room. After we arrived to our room. I started to pack my things. Same as Dahyun! 

After 10 minutes..  we finished packed our things. 

"Dahyun-ya..your gonna write a letter from your family?" I asked. 

"Yes unnie. Maybe we can't see our family for a while or maybe never. We don't know unnie" Dahyun said. 

"I agreed Dubu. We should start to write a letter" I said as I started to get my paper and a pen. 

Now I started to write a letter coming from the General or in short to my Dad. 

Dear Dad,

I was assigned to the real war. I'm very happy with that but at the same time. I couldn't tell you if I could comeback to you for a while. Maybe this is my first or maybe 'last' letter that I should make. But General Kim a.k.a Dad.  If ever me and Lieutenant Colonel Lalisa Manoban would ever survive in the end to this kind of war? Maybe we should be now a real couple and we could get married? I know the exact reason why we separated parts!  Because it was all of you. I'm really mad from what you did to Lieutenant Kim Jisoo and to Lieutenant Colonel Lalisa Manoban to their relationship. You just forced their relationship just for sake on your commands. Dad, don't you think me and Lieutenant Colonel Lalisa Manoban are we the one for each other? 

I don't know how to say in this letter, but please Dad. If ever we survived in our assigned workplace and we'll be home safely. Please let us free, especially to Lisa's heart. She's really been wasted for some terrible love for almost 6 years Dad. I hope you could understand that because I know you do. It would take almost time for you to realize that but I know when we arrived safely maybe one of us we survived or let say in the positive side that we're both alive. Please Dad, make us happy. That's all Dad! I hope you could take care yourself and wish me the best of luck! 

From, 

Captain Jennie Kim

--

I started to put the letter on the envelop and I bring the letter. Then I started to make a letter to my mom and to my Lisa just in case if I won't be able to survive. 

After I got to finish writing my letters. I started to fix myself in the mirror and started to wear my military cap. 

Now we just started to bring our big backpacks on our backs and now me and Dahyun started to bid our goodbyes to our room. Now we bring our letters and we started to going down stairs. 

"Let's hope for the best unnie that we could survive until the end" Dahyun said. 

"We will do Dubu!" I said as I touch Dahyun's head. 

We arrived at the ground floor and we started to search the assigned recruited officers. They were the one who'll handled our letters. After we find them. We started to gave our letters. 

"Cadets please give our letters to our love ones" I said and Dahyun also gave her letters to the recruited officers. 

"We will Captain and Lieutenant. Wish you the best of luck on your designated work places" The recruited cadet said. 

"Thank you cadet! Work hard on being a cadet! You could make it until the end" I said. 

"Thank you Captain Jennie Kim and we will!" The recruited cadet said. 

"We must go now! Take care on yourselves our dear cadets" Dahyun said. 

"We will Lieutenant. But we will just gonna say that you two our beloved officers would take care yourself!" The other recruited cadet said. 

"Don't worry at us. But we will! See you when we see you" I said. 

The 2 recruited cadets started to hand salute at us. 

"Carry on" I said. 

Now they start to go to the other officers. Now we started to wait to our transport. 

I sat down in the seat where we should wait. I started to stare the letter that I should gave to Lisa because I know that she would smile like aidot after she saw from what I give a cute picture polaroid. Maybe, I'll give to her when we're... oh nevermind she's now at my side. 

"Hello Captain Jennie Kim" Lisa said. 

"Good day Lieutenant Colonel Lalisa Manoban!" I said. 

"A letter huh? The recruited cadets started to collect some of our letters!" Lisa asked. 

"No..this letter..uhm it's for you" I said as I presented the letter to her. 

"Really? From me?" Lisa said as she showed her brightest smile. It's been a week from the last time I saw her smile. 

"Yes, it's for you! Uhm you could read it when you have your free time. But please, not right now here" I said. 

"Okay, I'll take note on that. Thank you for this letter" she said as she get her backpack and she placed my letter in the inside. 

Now I started to smile like an idiot because she really accepts my letter. And she showed her smile. 

"So Captain Jennie Kim? Are you ready from the real war?" Lisa asked. 

"Maybe? But we don't know our luck OF-4 Lisa!" I said. 

"I know but we could be extra careful when we are now at the war zone. I got your back" Lisa said. 

"Yes, I agreed. I always got your back too" I said as I smiled. 

She smiled back. Now Lieutenant Kim Hanbin started to spoke up. 

"Captain Jennie Kim and Lieutenant Colonel Lalisa Manoban! The CASA/IPTN CN-235 has now arrived. We should now start moving" Hanbin said. 

"Okay, thank you Lieutenant Kim Hanbin!" Lisa said. 

"We should start moving Lieutenant Colonel!" I said. 

She nodded at me and both us started to stood up and heading to the field. Now the officers and the other enlisted ranks started to stand straight. Me and Lisa started to stand straight too. The warrant officer started to called out the highest officer going to the enlisted rank.

"OF-4 Lieutenant Colonel Lalisa Manoban and OF-4 Lieutenant Colonel Choi Seung-hyun please get forward" The General said. 

Now Lisa and Seung-hyun started to go at the General's direction. 

"OF-4 Lieutenant Colonel Lalisa Manoban, we wish the best of luck for you! You may now go to your seat" The General said as he patted Lisa's shoulder. 

"Yes sir" Lisa said as she now heading into the plane. 

"OF-4 Lieutenant Colonel Choi Seung-hyun, we wish the best of luck for you. You may now go to your seat" The General said as he patted Seung-hyun's shoulder.

"Yes sir" Seung-hyun said as he now heading into the plane. 

"OF-3 Major Kim Heechul please get forward!" The General said. 

Heechul started to go at the General's direction.

"OF-3 Major Kim Heechul, we wish the best of luck for you. You may now go to your seat" The General said as he patted Heechul's  shoulder.

"Yes sir" Heechul said as he now heading into the plane. 

"OF-2 Jennie Kim and OF-2 Kim Seokjin please get forward!" The General said. 

I started to go at my dad position or the General's position. 

"OF-2 Jennie Kim, we wish the best of luck for you. You may now go to your seat" The General said as he patted my shoulder.

"Yes sir" I said as I started to go at the plane. 

I started to enter the plane and damn the plane is really huge. Maybe we could fit the whole squad. Now I started to sit down on my seat. I put down my backpack and started to relaxed on our trip. The plane is full of silence and now I started to see that the other officers are now heading up going to their respective seats. 

I've check earlier the flight time going to Afghanistan and it was 7 hours and 36 minutes. So it would be a long ride. So I started to close my eyes and feel the moment of silence. 

--7 hours later--

Third Person P.o.V

Jennie started to woke up with a anxious athmosphere because everyone feels anxious. Jennie started to stretch out her arms after a long nap. She started to check on her other comrades. So far as what she observe her fellow comrades are feeling anxious but at the same time they are ready for some real war. 

Then she check out on Lisa and she saw that she's asleep on her position so she she didn't mind. 

She started to check her watch and it was now 12:05 in the midnight at the South Korea. Her side was Dahyun and she was still asleep. She decided to take a quick nap before they arrived to their destination. 

--40 minutes later--

"Captain Jennie! Wake up" Dahyun said as she tap Jennie's shoulder. 

Jennie started to open her eyes. 

"It's time for us to move in our base. We are here" Dahyun said. 

Jennie nodded and she get her backpack. She started to stood up and Dahyun started to lead the way. 

Jennie realized that it was Dahyun and her was inside on the plane. 

Both of them started to go at their lines as they perform a 10 x 500 ROK Army troops going to the base of where should they stay in the upcoming months or years. 

They started to march going to the field together with their big heavy backpacks. As they arrived at the field of their base. They were so very disciplined and the Lieutenant Colonel Choi Seung-hyun started to shout on top of his lungs. 

"ROK ARMIES! ATTENTION" Seung-hyun said. 

"HOOAH" All of the 499 troops synced in. 

"STAND STRAIGHT" Seung-hyun shouted.

The 499 troops started to stand straight. 

"HAND SALUTE" Seung-hyun said.

They all started to hand salute and the Lieutenant Colonel of the USA started to show off on their lines. 

Then Lieutenant Colonel Seung-hyun started to nodded at the Lieutenant Colonel of the U.S and he started to stand straight and saluted at his fellow U.S comrades.

"Carry on" The U.S Lieutenat Colonel said. 

All of the ROKA troops started to get rid of their salute. 

"ROKA troops! Welcome to the U.S base! I am Lieutenant Colonel Carles and we have a motto here that we should stay one another and don't leave ever man's back behind!" Carles shouted. 

"YES SIR" The 500 troops started to shout. 

"The following ROKA troops that could assigned for this week duties are.." Carles said as he checked his papers. 

"OF-4 Lieutenant Colonel Lalisa Manoban, OF-2 Captain Jennie Kim and OF-1 Lieutenant Kim Hanbin would the one will duty as your officers for this week duties! While the enlisted ranks would start on 0015-0105 troops!" Carles said. 

"YES SIR" They shouted sync in. 

"The other ROKA troops that I didn't mention you'll be start your live fire training at the designated area!" Carles said. 

"YES SIR" They shouted sync in. 

"Now, ROKA troops start to go at your own designated tents. Again, welcome to our base" Carles said. 

"HOOAH" The 500 troops started to put their hands at the sides as now they ready to go at their designated tents. 

They started to walk normal as their heading to the tents. Jennie and Dahyun started to hold each other hands going to their tents. They look up to the other tents which isn't their names but the code names for their enlisted troops. They started to find their own tent. But until they saw the tent which named OF-4 Lieutenant Lalisa Manoban, OF-2 Captain Jennie Kim, OF-1 Kang Seulgi and OF-1 Kim Dahyun. 

Jennie started to covers as she can't believe that all the 4 ROKA girls officer could stay into one tent. But she couldn't believe that Lisa and her could stay in one tent. They started to open the medium tent. They saw a 2 bunk bed and a 4 foldable cabinet. 

"Captain Jennie? So it means the 4 of us are only 4 in one tent?" Dahyun asked. 

"Yes, I think so Lieutenant Dahyun!" Jennie said. 

They put their big back backs  on the bottom of each side of the bunk bed. 

Jennie started to stretch her back while Dahyun started to perform a stretching exercise. Jennie saw that Lisa is now reading the paper at the outside of the tent and she somehow saw Lisa's big smirk while Seulgi started to elvowing Lisa's arm. After Lisa take a glance at Seulgi. Seulgi wiggled her brows and Lisa started to smack on Seulgi's back and both of them chuckled. 

Jennie started to bit her lips from what she saw. Then Lisa and Seulgi started to enter the tent. 

"Well hello their my dear Captain Jennie Kim" Seulgi said as she have flirty voice and started to offer her a handshake. 

Dahyun started to stop her stretching exercise and she smiled like an idiot from what Seulgi said. 

Jennie gladly accept the handshake. "Well, hello there Lieutenant Kang Seulgi" she said.

Jennie broke the handshake and she started to offer a handshake to her Lisa. 

"Good day Lieutenant Colonel Lalisa Manoban!" Jennie said. 

Lisa started to smile and instead of accepting the handshake. She started to hold on Jennie's hand and started to kissed on Jennie's hand. 

"Good day my Captain Jennie" Lisa said as she winked and started to let go Jennie's arm and she started to go at the bunk bed. 

Dahyun started to cover because she's full of rainbows on her stomach and Seulgi is like a proud big sister that her baby sister started to make a move again. 

"2 gay couples here in our tent is the best!" Seulgi said as Dahyun started a offer a high five to hers.

Gladly, Seulgi accept the high five and both of them are filling their tent some rainbows and unicorns. 

Lisa started to chuckled and Jennie blushed really damn hard. 

They started to unpack their things and place at their foldable cabinet. The 4 of them have a good living friendship.