Chapter Five

Until the Last

Jisoo

Since the girls are now going back to their training. Jennie was the one who wanted to stay but I insist that she need to go back to her training.

"Cadet Jennie. You should better go to your training!" I said.

"But Lieutenant Kim Jisoo..." Jennie said as I cutted her words.

"No more but's Cadet Kim. Please, have trust on us!" Joohyun said.

Jennie just nodded.

"Now go back to your training cadet!" I commanded.

"Yes Lt. Kim" Jennie said as she heading outside to our clinic.

I just started to glance at Lisa and I could clearly see her bruise at her face. Poor her.

"Jisoo-ssi maybe what should we do now?" Joohyun asked.

"Just put the ice pack on her affected area and stay it for about 15 minutes. I'll just gotta go to the General office and talked about her training weeks" I said that makes Joohyun confused.

"What do you mean Jisoo-ssi?" Joohyun asked.

"What I mean is that, her face bruise and her stomach was really in pain due to those damn soldiers who hurt this monkey. I guess, Lisa-ssi would take a rest for a week only by not doing a hard training for her" I explained.

"I see, yeah I second with that Jisoo-ssi! But how we should take care of her? Is she gonna stay on our clinic room for a week too?" Joohyun asked.

"She's gonna stay at our cottage. I'll just gonna explained to the General that she's just my close friend of mine" I said as I smiled.

"Aish, I know what your gonna do Jisoo-ssi don't fool at me!" Joohyun said as she giggled.

"Yah~ I won't do anything wrong for her! Well, I just gotta take care of her. But while she's at my side for a week, she'll be my temporary secretary. Genius right?" I said as I wiggled my brows.

"You make a fellow enlisted cadet to be your temporary secretary. Wow! Kim Jisoo!" Joohyun said as she face palmed at me.

"I should take an oppurtunity at this moment Irene unnie" I said as I going to the exit door.

"Well, I'm not complaining though, but be careful to those prey. I'm telling you" Joohyun said.

"I'll be careful eonnie. But thanks for the warning. I should go to the General's office. See ya around unnie" I said as I closed the door.

I just release a deep sighed.

Lieutenant Bae Joohyun but in our personal way, she prefer to call her "Irene". Is one of my friend or which I should say my partner-in-crime when it comes to our work. We don't have anything issues regarding to the both of us when we started to partnering up in our work. She's been working as a Army Nurse for almost 8 years while me, I worked only for almost 6 years as a Army Doctor. She was happy that time when I become 4 years at my work as a Army Doctor. I was ranking up as Lieutenant here in this camp and I'm so proud of that. That was really a great achievement for me.

Both of us here in this camp, where talking about our visuals. Most of our enlisted cadets are more often come to the clinic just to flirt with us, even they don't have injuries, bruises or sickness. But little did they know that me and Irene unnie hates men.

We are just pretending that we are cherishing those flirting moves on us but acutally we feel disgusted and wanted to puke in our imagination.

Why we hate men?

First of all, Irene unnie has now a girlfriend and she had her loving bear right in this camp. She didn't tell me the full reasons why she hate men but that is all what I could explain about it.

For my side, I really hate men because I don't know it's just a joke on side when I was kid especially when Lisa said to me she doesn't prefer boys in her love life. But, I just make the joke taken it down seriously and make it literal. Now here we are, I'm 30 years old and doesn't still have a boyfriend because I hate men. But..why? I'm confused about it.

Also, there's a reason why I keep the joke taken it down seriously. It's because I'm inlove with that girl. I don't know why but I'm such a soft-hearted person when it comes that I teased my friend like everyday. She just laugh at me but sometimes she just pretend that she didn't know me. Ahh, it's just a good old times when we were both young when I first saw you. I just close my eyes and feel those good old days. But here we are now, I thought I could move on to her and started to like man. But all my plan was shoosh for a second, at the time I saw her in this camp. Everything was a love story scene in the movie. That I found her again..

Goodness gracious, I still love her..

But my mind said that I've been move on to her..

But what is the real deal?

Should I trust my mind or my heart?

I just shook my head and I was now arrived in front of the General's office.

I started to knocked on the door.

"Come in" The General said.

I twisted the door knob and I saw the General who is surprise about my presence.

I closed the door and started to stand straight.

"Good Day General!" I said.

"Take a seat Lieutenat Kim" The General said.

I just nodded and started to sit down.

"Anything news Lieutenant Kim?" The General asked as he's not looking at me but he's looking at his computer.

"There is something I could tell about Cadet Manoban condition" I said then he looked at me.

"And what is it Lieutenant?" he asked.

"Based on my findings at her bruises she need to rest for a week so that the blood would gotten back to normal. But it needs to put some cold compress for every 3 hours inorder to heal those bruises easily. I would advice General that Soldier Manoban needs to excuse on her training for only a week inorder to gain back her strenght and her physical health!" I explained.

"and what she'll gonna do for a week Lieutenant?" he asked.

"I would say that she could do her morning exercise but after onwards she could assist me or should I say she could be a temporary secretary for a meantime. I could honestly take care of her General!" I said as I saw the General widened his eyes.

"Lieutenant, that is not your job to take care Soldier Manoban's health but only herself. You are the doctor here and you have a lot to things to do about it..." he said.

"General, don't worry about it because Soldier Manoban is a friend of mine. Acutally she's my childhood friend. She did a lot taking care of me since we were both young but now it's my time to return the favor" I said.

"Okay..okay..I'll respect your decision. But promise that you could heal her as soon as possible. I have a lot of things to tell her about it" he said that makes me shooked.

"Of course General. I'm the Doctor here. Have trust on me General" I said.

"I know Lieutenant. I have trust in you" he said.

"Please tell about Sergeant Lee Seung-hyun on her exemption General. I don't want Soldier Manoban to get panicked if Sergeant Lee would find her and get her off in the field hahaha" I said as I laugh a little bit.

He did the same, he laugh too.. "You know what Lieutenant your so funny. That's why I trust in you. Of course, I'll tell Sergeant Lee!" he said.

"Thank you General! I should get going" I said as I stand up straight and do the hand salute.

"Carry on" The General said. I put my hands on the sides.

I started to twist the door knob and open the door.

I was shocked that Cadet Jennie Kim or should I say Jennie-ssi is right in front of my face.

I flinched a little bit.

"I'm sorry Lieutenant. Did I scare you?" Jennie said.

"No worries. I should get going!" I said as I heading down to the stairs and I heard that Jennie closed the door.

What a relief because I just act cooly that there's nothing happen about it.

So I started to heading back to the clinic and I saw Sergeant Lee staring at me.

I didn't look at him but I started to walking down at the hallway and as soon as I open the door. I saw that Lisa is still a sleep. Aww poor her.

But I saw that one of my "hate men" list is here at the clinic again.

"Hello Lieutenant!" he said as he wiggle his brows.

"What do you want Private Kim?" I said with a coldly tone.

"I just wanted to ask if what happened to Soldier Manoban?" he asked.

Private Kim Taehyung is one of my bucket list as one of the flirtatious soldier that everytime he had his day off. He visited to my clinic and start to  checking me out. I don't know why. But somehow, I like him.

"Are you done to your training and why are you here in this cadet school?" I said as I wanted to change the topic.

"It's my vacation Lieutenant. I wanted to passed you by. But first, I wanted to go at the restroom" he said.

Aish, this man really. He wanted to pee pee but he wanted to hold his pee pee just for sake to flirt on me. Jisoos christ really?

"Awe, your so sweet but at the same time you need to rest and not wasting your time to visit at me. You seem really tired" I said as I'm getting mad.

"No, Lieutenant Kim. I'm fine though. I'm just checking you out. Especially to Soldier Manoban" he said

"Wow, really? But I'm sorry to say but I'm not in the mood to entertain your flirtous act" I said.

He winked. "No, don't mind me Lieutenant. I won't really flirt you hard" he said as he bit his lips.

I just release a deep sigh because I'm mad but at the same time my heart is pounding.

The room is full of silence.

"STAND STRAIGHT SOLDIER!" I shouted.

Private Kim started to stand straight and put his arms at his back. I saw his thighs are shaking. Lol, he didn't saw that I'm a tiger when I get mad but at the same time my heart is pounding really fast.

"Why do you make my heart pounded so fast? But I'm really mad at you" I said.

"What did you say? Lieutenant K-" he said as I cutted his words.

"Please don't make my heart fluttered. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" I said as someone open the door. I saw Irene and she look so shock about this scenario.

"YES MA'AM" Taehyung answered.

"Give me 20 push-ups!" I said.

Private Kim started to push up and his thighs were shaking. Irene started to touch on Lisa's forehead and she panicked about something.

She started to go in the sides and I saw that she bring the thermometer.

Then she click the thermometer button and put on Lisa's armpit.

Now Private Kim Taehyung started to finished his push-ups and now his thighs are quaking.

"STAND STRAIGHT" I said.

Private Kim started to stand straight and put his hand on the sides.

"You may go but please respect your officers please" I said.

"Yes ma'am. I understand and I'm sorry" Taehyung said.

"Now go to the restroom and do your thing" I said.

"YES LIEUTENANT" he said as he gets out on the door.

Now it was a relief that the flirty boy is now gone. I should focus on Lisa.

I heard the thermometer beeps. Now Irene started to check the digits.

"Doctor, her temperature is 40°C!" Joohyun said.

Oh no, she's having a high fever.

"Do we have a Acetaminophen med?" I asked.

Irene unnie started to check on our drug counter.

While me, I started to touch on Lisa's neck and she's really hot.

"Jisoo-ssi, we don't have one" Joohyun said.

I think hardly if what's the altenative medicine but wait, I have one in my room. Maybe we should cure Lisa on my room!

"Irene unnie, we should better bring Lisa on my room. I remember that I have Acetaminophen on my med kit. We should bring her into my room!" I said.

"Why don't you just get the med?" she said. OMG Irene unnie doesn't get what the point I mean't.

"Unnie this is my chance now that I should to take care Lisa at my own room only! No disturbance or something" I said as I spilled the beans.

"Ohhh, that's why...sorry I didn't get of what you meant!" Joohyun said.

"How should we carried Lisa all the way on your room?" Joohyun added.

Hmmm, I know who it will be!

I just go outside and I'm heading to the boys restroom. I know that Private Kim is still at the restroom.

I standby for a minute as I waited. As soon as I heard the door knob twist. I was feel relief that there is only one person who could save me and her.

"YOU PRIVATE KIM!" I said as the boy started to flinched out.

"YES MA'AM!" he said as he stand straight and maintain his soldier posture.

"DID YOU WASH YOUR HAND?" I asked.

"NO MA'AM" he said.

"WASH YOUR HAND FIRST" I said.

"YES MA'AM" he said as he getting back to the restroom and I heard the faucet .

Few minutes later, he got outside and he started to maintain his soldier posture.

"NOW GO TO MY CLINIC YOU HAVE SOME THINGS YOU SHOULD HELP US OUT!" I said.

"YES MA'AM" he said.

I walked fast going to the clinic and Private Kim just followed at me.

Now both of us are at the inside of our clinic.

"Private Kim, please carry Cadet Manoban on our way to my room please" I said.

"Wait what?" he said as he losing his right now.

"You heard me right! You want a 50 push-up?" I said.

"No ma'am! Where is your room ma'am?" he asked.

"Just follow me" I said.

"Lieutenat Bae, you should the one will take care in this clinic for a meantime, while I'm gone!" I added.

"Yes Lieutenant Kim!" she said.

Private Kim started to do the bridal style at Lisa. And I started to follow the lead.

Our cottage is near on the Garden Area. We have our own house which me and Irene unnie shared our expenses and stuff. But we need to passsed at the half of the training field. So I started leading the way and now everyone in the training field is started to looking at me, especially to Private Kim who carried my monkey.

I just didn't look at them and there is the person whom I wanted to avoid about.. which is my prey..

She started to distract about her training but the trainor snapping her out that she need to get back on her training. Thank God, she didn't bother to ask or something about me. Good girl!

Now we arrived at our house well the house is not really a house like there is a 2nd floor on it. It's only a cottage.

I started to get my keys and now we enter to our cottage. I started to get the A/C remote on. I started to lead the way on my room. Me and Private Kim Taehyung enter my room and I said...

"Private Kim, put Cadet Lisa at my bed and you should stay here for a while!"

Private Kim obeyed my commands he put Lisa at my bed and he started to stretch his back and his arm.

I open the refrigerator and started to get the carrot juice. I pour down a cup of glass and start to serve him.

"Here! Carrot juice! Just to make sure your energy gain back again" I said as I offered the glass.

He accepts as he showed his smile.

"Thank you ma'am" he said as he drink it.

I started to go at my drug-kits and started to find the Acetaminophen.

Minutes later, finally I found it. Then I was so happy that I found the perfect medicine just to cure my monkey. Now I started to fill the cup of glass of water.

I started to go back at the bedroom and I saw that Private Kim started to stood up and put his glass on the table.

"I should better get go ma'am. My job is done. I hope you could heal Soldier Manoban soon!" Taehyung said.

"Thank you Private for fulfilling my command" I said as I smiled.

"No worries ma'am!" he said as he stand straight and he salutes at me.

"Carry on" I said.

He started to go outside and shut the door up.

Now I started to get back in my monkey business. I started to waking her up.

"Lisa, you should drink your med" I said.

She didn't even dare to speak up but she just open her eyes and made a chinky eyes.

"Drink your med first" I said as I smiled as I offered the pill and the glass of water.

She didn't dare to speak as she now rise on her upper body but she I saw her that she feel the pain on her stomach. But she's still mute.

She started to get the pill and drink with the glass of water.

Now she started to feel dizzy again she get back and sleep again. Poor her..

I decided to unlace her boots so that her fingertoes could move freely.

I started to smile like an idiot as I heard her cute little snoars.