Chapter Ten

Until the Last

Lisa

It was a great job for the past few weeks from what we assigned to our jobs. I could really check on my Captain from what she'd done or where should she go. Because my job is to protect her for no matter what. I started to write my own diary since the day we start our job from watching our enemies sight. Then I started to write some of my regretful days for what I did for the past 6 years of our relationship. It was totally a mess. But if both of us would survive this mission until it finish. I think we could start off our relationship again. And I shouldn't act an immature woman to my girl. 

It's almost a month that we stay here in our place and I'm really happy that I could stay my girl that I really love for the rest of our mission. I wanted to kiss and hug her but still this isn't a right time to make those moves because we are here on a serious job! 

That's why I keep started to write some important date diaries and also some special moments just incase! 

I almost forgot to eat my dinner because I'm really busy writing some of my important notes to my diary. I hope she could appreciate my working after we finished our mission and I hope she could read my notes. 

I started to close my diary book and I put it down below at my pillow. Now I started to go at the eating area and the ROKA Officers gather up in one table. Seems like new to me. I started to go at their table and I tapped on Seulgi shoulder. 

"Hey, what's going on?" I asked.

"Your here Lieutenant Colonel! Well, we just discuss some assignments for the immediate response to the U.S army. They need only 1 Lieutenant Colonel coming from the ROKA troops to accompany by Captain Jennie Kim for her destiny going to the war zone" Seulgi explained.

"Then? You know who will be the one who'd accompany at her right?" I said as I furrowed my brows.

"But.." Seung-hyun cutted Seulgi words.

"I'm the one who will accompany to our captain and do my job to protect Captain Jennie Kim" Seung-hyun said as he stood up. 

"I thought when it comes to Captain Jennie Kim, Lieutenant Colonel Choi Seung-hyun. I would be the one who'll be her side? And I'm always the one who partners up ever since I got ranked up as my ranked now?" I said as I protested. 

"Why don't we twist the partnership Lieutenant Colonel Lalisa Manoban?" He said as he wrinkled his brows. 

"I don't want some fight here! But please, if you want a better confirmation! Please asked our Captain. Because she's the one who'll confirmed either of us" I said as I furrowed my brows. 

Seung-hyun started to clenched her jaws and he look directly to Jennie's eyes. And the girl is really uncomfortable to look at him the way he glared to her. 

"Hey..hey..hey..no glaring to our Captain if you don't want to hurt your feelings" I said as he quickly go to my position and started to pull my collar up. 

"You piece of ra-" Jennie cutted Seung-hyun words.

"That's enough Lieutenant Colonel Seung-hyun! That's why I don't ever chose you ever since I got to chose for any of the Lieutenant Colonel since where at the Korea. So please let Lisa down. Leave her alone if you don't want some trouble! You know always the answer everytime I got to pick right?" Jennie said. 

Seung-hyun started to put me down and he fix my collar and started to release a deep sigh. "I guess I failed for the General's command" he murmured. 

I literally heard what he murmured, and it was all again for the General's command? What the? I feel again depressed and I don't want to talk to anyone right now! 

I started to walk out in the table. 

"Lisa! Wait!" Jennie shouted. 

I didn't listen because I literally hate again in this damn world. 

That why is it that the world is to cruel for me? Esepcially to the one who I love the most. It really hurts from what they've done at me. 

I started to go at the back of our tent and I get at my backpack some a pack of cigarettes. I bring also the lighter in it. 

Then I started to go on the back of our tent and it was really dark and you could only see the half of the moon and a billion of stars. I started to get a piece of cigarette stick and I started to lighten up. I started to put the rough paper in my mouth and I started to inhale first the smoke in it. Then I started to exhale. While I'm exhaling the smoke in it. My tears started to fall off and then I started to inhaling it again and I it on my mouth and then I started to breathe. Then I started to exhaling it again. 

I feel exhausted on what love kills me. I started to inhale again the smoke but suddenly someone back-hugged me. I started to exhale it for a second because she tighten the hug. I started to look at her and of course it was Captain Jennie Kim. 

I just let her hug at me and I just continue from what I do. While I the smoke she spoke up.

"My Lieutenant Colonel! Why are you like this? Could you be my mine already?" she said and that makes me surprise. I started to exhale the smoke. 

"What are you talking about?" I asked. 

"I'm just dreaming about you. That where still the both of us" she said. 

Then she go in front of me and started to get my cigarette stick and started to throw in the ground. 

"Hey! I wasn't fi-" I cutted my words as she get rid the cigarette stick. 

"Lisa don't be like that please. What happened to you?" she asked as she showed her charm. 

"Nothing" I said. I don't want to talk about her Dad's issue. I'm so sick and tired of it. 

"You still never change My Lieutenant Colonel!" she said at me as she sat down and do a butterfly cross position. 

"Why are you claiming that we are still together?" I said as I crossed my arms.

"Why don't you want it?" she said as she look up at me. 

"I don't know Captain. It's just like, I'm to uncomfortable for that!" I said. 

"Oh? Is that so? Maybe I shouldn't proclaiming you that I'm still yours despite were in a separated stage" Jennie said. 

"So it means you still have faith that we could be still together?" I said as I started to sit down and I spread my legs and I started to hug at Jennie. 

"Of course, if someone would gladly accept us from what we are" she said. Then she clung to my neck. 

"I know that there were a huge mess again earlier because of my Dad's command. And I'm seriously sorry for what he did again at you. To be honest, I really now hate him. I realized that he wanted to break your heart!" she added. 

I just let out my tears and said "I'm sorry if I'm not a man from what your father that he expected".

"Lisa..no..no..don't be like that! I just love the way who you are. I feel lucky that I really found you! My father is just only a father who just expected from what he wants from me. But in the reality, I am still the one who'll handle from what I want" she said as she peck on my neck. 

I started to cry and she started to stood up and she sit down in front of me and she started to remove my tears. 

"Baby, I still love you, even we're not even us! I will still love you. Until my Last" she said that makes my faith started to boost up.

"You still even love me despite I did a foolish and stupid things at you for the past few years?" I asked. 

"Yes baby! I still love you. My love would never fade at you" she said as I started to smash her lips on mine. 

I know that she miss this and I gotta admit that I missed also too. We started to enjoy our kissed. But I pulled away the kissed.

"I really miss you badly. But I can't" I said.

"Why?" she asked with a frown face.

"It only still break my heart Jennie! I am sorry, but right now we should start to focus our work" I said as I stood up. 

"Why all of the sudden Lisa? Why are you like this? I thought you-" I cutted her words. 

"Your thoughts is just only your thoughts and my thoughts is only my thoughts. People has entitled to their own opinion Captain Jennie. I am sorry but we should stop this kind of drama! Maybe we should discuss this until we finish our work. But now, we have some important things to do. Tomorrow is our assigned to go at the war zone. We should need to concentrate" I explained to her. 

"What the hell should I expect from you Lieutenant Colonel? I'm such a fool for your love Manoban my Dad was right, I'm too blind for your foolish love" she said as she stood up and walks away.

I started to burst up my tears and yes, Jennie was right. I'm such a fool for love. I really agreed to some people said that "Love can kill you sometimes". And I'm not talking about sometimes, but always. 

I started to messing up my cap and throw my cap on the ground. 

I look up in the dark sky and I could see billion of stars. I started to cry like I'm such desperate person. 

I started to cry silently until my tears now fade away. 

It took me an hour to get recover on my emotional breakdown. And I feel okay. I started to go back in the tent and I saw that my 3 girls are now sleeping silently. I don't want to sleep, but instead I started to get a my diary and maybe this is the time I should put the things of what I said to her. And I started to get the letter from what Jennie gave it to me. 

--Next Morning--

Third Person P.o.V

Jennie was the first one who woke up. She saw that Seulgi, Dahyun and Lisa are still asleep. She just started to stretch on her back. And now she's going to change her sleeping clothes into military uniform. Then, after that I wear now my military uniform. Jennie started to flinched out that suddenly the warrant officer started to go to their tents. 

"OF-4 Lieutenant Colonel Lalisa Manoban and OF-2 Captain Jennie Kim! Start pack up your things because we need to assemble in exactly 8am. Double time! It's now 7:30am!" The warrant officer said. 

"Okay sir! We will" Jennie said. 

He nodded and started to go out on our tent. Then Jennie turn around and Lisa is still asleep. Lisa started to tapped her back. 

"Lisa! You should hurry up. The assemble is exactly 8am" Jennie said and she started to wake up. 

"What?" Lisa said with a deep voice. y. Roar! 

"The assemble time is exactly 8am! It's now 7:30am" Jennie said as she started to pack her own things.

She started to panic and she quickly changes her sleeping clothes to military clothes and she packed her things also. 

"I should go off first Lisa! See you in the field" Jennie said. 

"Yes..you should go. I'll join you in a minute" Lisa said. 

Jennie nodded and she started go out. Then Lisa started to waking up Seulgi. 

"Seulgs! seulgs!" Lisa said as she tapped Seulgi shoulder. 

"Hmmm..?" Seulgi said. 

"I should go. Take care! And also.." Lisa said as tapped Seulgi's face and Seulgi opened her eyes. 

"This Diary..please don't read it until Jennie would read it. I don't know if I could survive on this war zone. But please gave it to her incase, I wouldn't make it!" Lisa explained.

"Dude! Don't say that you won't survive! I know that you two will survive" Seulgi protested.

"Please unnie! Just hide and please give it to her if I ever won't make it! I should really go! Take care" Lisa said as she gave her diary to Seulgi and she panicked and started to get her big backpack. 

"Take care Dude! and also please take care on Jennie" Seulgi said.

"Of course, I do" Lisa said as she smiled and started to go at the field. 

Lisa started to run as fast as she could and she started to go in the middle of the field and she saw the ROKA team! And now she saw Jennie that she need to double up time so she ran as fast as she could. 

Minutes later she arrived in front of the line and started to stand straight. 

"Your just in time" Jennie said. 

"I know right" Lisa said as she panted really hard. 

The 3 helicopters started the engines, the tail rotor and the main rotor blade started to spin on. The 93 ROKA troops started to go in their designated helicopters. 

Lisa, Jennie and Hanbin had to separate to join at the 3 helicopters. Now they departed and heading to their designated places.

--30 minutes later--

After they arrived in their waiting area. Before, they'll start moving on to their assignments. They wait for the other troops to arrive as well.

They started to gathering up and they waited for almost 2 hours before they were complete. 

In the last couple of batch troops. They have their own 2 Army Doctor from U.S Army base. Now the Lieutenant Colonel Carles started to hand signal to the ROKA Officers and they started first a meeting.  

The ROKA Officers and Charles build a circle and they started the plan. 

"OF-4 Lieutenant Colonel Lalisa Manoban and the 0015-0039 troops will be the first group to start the line and you'll join to the Path A. Also, OF-2 Captain Jennie Kim and the 0040-0062 troops would also join" Carles explained. 

Jennie and Lisa felt relief that they are in the same path. 

"OF-1 Lieutenant Kim Hanbin and the 0063-0085 troops would be in the Path B and me and the 0086-0108 troops would be also in the Path B. Understand? You know all the drills right?" Carles asked. 

"Yes sir! We know!" Lisa said. 

"Yes sir!" Hanbin said.

"Yes sir!" Jennie said.

"The Path A would be on the East side which you could see the village stay put where you are and prepare for our signals! While the Path B we would go in the different path, but we should arrive safely also to the targeted village. That's where the 22 hostages were hiding from" Carles explained. 

"Copy sir!" Jennie said. 

"Yes sir!" Lisa said.

"Copy" Hanbin said. 

"The ROKA troops know what would going on and I know the officers would be the one will signal to our troops if we let them attack or defend!" Carles said. 

"Yes sir" Jennie said. 

"Good luck to us!" Carles said as he pulls Jennie's helmet same as Hanbin and Lisa. 

Carles started to instruct all the ROKA troops and he said. 

"On the battlefield, there would be no soldier behind. Be ready from what happen. Let's do our best to rescue all the hostages"

"YES SIR" The 93 ROKA troops said. 

"Go to your designated officers and follow what your officers said" Carles said. 

Now all the ROKA troops started to go at Hanbin's team, Jennie's team, Lisa's team and Carles Team. 

Carles started to distribute the (3) Tactical Communication Hearing Protector with the Tactical radio in it which where they could communicate each other and also to the main base. 

The officers started to check their communication if it's good or not. 

"Tango, over" Hanbin said into their communication. 

"Omega, over" Jennie said into their communication. 

"Alpha, over" Lisa said into their communication. 

"Echo, over" Charles said into their communication. 

They put all a thumbs in their communication. 

"Tango, Omega, Alpha and Echo team contact as soon as you arrived at the designated place over" The command said. 

Charles started to lead on the path they'd go and the other troops started to follow their officer. Minutes later, Hanbin started to follow the last two troops on Echo's team. 

Lisa started to signal the soldiers to move on and Lisa started to lead up the way and Jennie commanded her team to follow where the troops go to. 

They all started to go on their own paths and the command started to communicate to 4 of the team's

"Team Tango, Omega, Alpha and Echo which the 4 of you in the path you designated" The command asked.

"Team Tango and Team Echo are on the same team over" Charles said. 

"Team Alpha and Team Omega are on the same team over" Lisa said. 

"Copy" The command said.

Now they started to walk going to the farthest middle of the village in Afghanistan. They started to walk for almost 7 hours straight without a break. It was now almost evening and the Alpha and Omega started to take a break in the middle of the forest. 

Jennie started to walk going fast to Lisa. "OF-4 Lalisa Manoban we should all take a rest in the middle of the forest" she said.

"Yes, your right" Lisa said. 

Lisa and Jennie halt their troops and the troops started to stop and they all sit down and started to drink some water.

Jennie started to communicate on their radio. 

"Team Omega over. We are located at the middle of the forest and we are now exactly near on the village. Roger so far over" Jennie said. 

 "Team Omega. Take a rest and wait for Team Tango and Team Echo to signal over" The command said. 

"Copy that" Jennie said as she off the radio. 

Jennie started to see Lisa's glow stick and she approached her. "We should take a guard to our troops". 

"Yes, we will" Lisa said. 

Then Lisa started to move her glow stick in front of their troops. And she form a sign to be remain calm and take a rest. The troops started to get off of their bag and started to use as their pillows. 

Jennie started to cling on Lisa's arm and whispered "I'll be guarding out in our left and you'll be guard in our right. Have a good night sweetie" Jennie said as she started to go in her left direction and started to guarding out. 

Lisa having a big goosebumps on what she heard to Jennie's y voice. 

Jennie and Lisa was up all night just to guarded their troops. 

--Next Dawn Morning--

After Jennie and Lisa started to saw the dawn they felt relieve that nothing happens in the whole night. Then Jennie started to open her backpack, some biscuit as her breakfast. Jennie started to munch and it was really crunchy. Some of the troops near on Jennie's position heard the sound they immediately awake. 

The troops started to woke up each other and they were really grateful that their officers was the one who guarded up all night and they all stood up and saluted their officers. 

Jennie and Lisa started to salute also and they get rid immediately their salute and all the troops started to get rid also their salute. 

Lisa started to hand signals to their troops because the enemies started to a heading to their position in 1km away from them. 

The troops ready their firearms. 

Jennie started to turn on their radio. 

"Hello Command,  This is Team Omega message over" Jennie said. 

"Hello Team Omega, This command send over" The command said. 

"We are still in the middle of the forest but almost 800 meters away from us the enemies started to approaching on our direction over" Jennie said. 

"How many of them? Over" The command asked.

"3 of them over" Jennie said. 

"You know what to do over" The command said. 

"Affirmative" Jennie said. 

Jennie hand signal Lisa to sign of one of the troops to shoot the 3 enemies. 

3 enlisted ranks started to target their enemy. They use the silencer as they estimated the direction. 

Three of them started to pull the triggered and in a second they released the triggered. 

3 of the enemies were shot in the head. And it was a triple headshot. 

"Team Omega over. 3 enemies approach us were down over" Jennie said. 

"Good Job, Team Omega" The command said. 

"Team Tango over, we are now at the west side of the village. Where is Team Alpha and Team Omega?" Carles said. 

"Team Alpha over, 3 enemy down over" Lisa said. 

"We will come as soon as possible in the East side over" Jennie said. 

"Copy that. Team Tango out" Carles said. 

"Team Alpha out" Lisa said. 

"Team Omega out" Jennie said. 

As soon Lisa and Jennie finish their communication they started to hand signal their troops to moving on. 

They started to walk going in the direction of the village. As a 15 minute walk they are now at the village but they started to hide from where they are. 

"Team Alpha over, we are now at the East side of the village" Lisa said. 

"Team Echo over, prepare now, we would start the operation" Hanbin said. 

"Good luck to all Teams" The command said. 

"Copy" Lisa said.

--10 minutes later--

"Team Tango over, we would now start the operation. Team Alpha and Omega be ready if we need our help" Carles said. 

"Affirmative" Lisa said. 

"Roger" Jennie said. 

Hanbin's and Carles troop started to go at the village and they started to find the enemy. 

Lisa and Jennie started to wait for their position. 

"Team Echo over, the hostage are at the east village in the old house near on the tree" Hanbin said. 

"Team Omega over, copy that" Jennie said. 

"Troops start to go at the East Village and find the hostage. Watch each other back!" Lisa said as she commanded. 

The troops started to move and their heading to their designated area which they would save the hostages.

Jennie started to communicate on the command center and to the Team Tango and Team Echo. 

But suddenly, Lisa heard some noises coming near on their area. 

"HAHAHAHHAAHAHA! THE DAUGHTER OF THE GENERAL KIM IS HERE" The weird man started to appear know where and he targeted at Jennie and he release a 2 bullets..

**BANG**

**BANG** 


Someone died..

THE END