Chapter One

Until the Last

"Lisa-ya! Take care yourself always! Don't overwork yourself!" Rosé said

"Don't worry about me Chaeng. I will take care myself!" Lisa said.

"Are you sure that you'll be okay on being a cadet?" Rosé asked worriedly.

"Aish! Don't worry about me I said. This is my choice Chaeng. I don't wanna live in this ordinary life. I wanted to work hard for myself. I don't care anymore if I'll hurt or what" Lisa said.

Rosé then slight punch on Lisa's left arm.

"Don't be like that Lisa! I know that your mad at your ex that she hurt your feelings. My little monkey doesn't deserved that kind of pain" Rosé said as she patted on Lisa's shoulder.

"Let's not talk about my ex. I'm still hurt Chaeng. I don't know why!" Lisa said as she shed a tear.

"Don't be a baby monkey. Just let the pain it out on the military okay?" Rosé said as she started to hugged her bestfriend.

"Thank you Chaeng! Your the most understanding Chipmunk!" Lisa said.

"Now let's go! You'll be late on your first day!" Rosé said as she started to click the car keys.

Lisa started to bring her big backpack and she's heading to Rosé car. Now both of them gets in the car. Rosé started to turn on the engine and heading to Korean Military Base.

Now the car is in silence. But Rosé started to speaked up first.

"Are you sure that you'll be okay Lisa? I don't wanna see that your hurt! I'm really concerned" Rosé said as she took a glance to Lisa.

"No. It's okay Rosé! That's my choice. No one forcing me to join at the military right?" Lisa said.

Rosé just nodded and release a deep sighed.

"You know I love you as a friend monkey but please just pray to God if there something wrong or you can't handle your problems"Rosé said.

"I will Rosé! Thanks for your concern! and I love you too as a friend" Lisa said.

Lisa started to watch one last time the street views before she won't see it anymore. Then Rosé pulled over now at the sides and Lisa released her deep sighed.

"So this is now or never right?" Lisa said.

"You know you should back out Lis, if you don't want too" Rosé suggested.

"No Chaeng. I won't backing out. I wanted to do this!" Lisa said.

"Then go now you monkey! Be a strong and independent woman that I know you. I believe in you. I will always pray to God that you'll be in safe hands." Rosé said as she tapped Lisa shoulder. 

"Thanks Chaeng. Now I should go now. Promise me, that you'll find another bestfriend while I'm away! Okay my little chipmunk?" Lisa said.

"I will! I won't forget you Lisa!" Rosé said.

"I won't forget you too Chaengmunk! Now Manoban is out!" Lisa said as she saluted onRosé.

Rosé saluted back Lisa and now she hopped out of the car and get her big backpack.

Now she started to walking down going to the gate. Then now Rosé started to slight beep on her car. Lisa turned around and waved last time to her bestfriend. Now she shed a tear but she keeps on her mind that she'll be a strong and independent woman like her bestfriend.

She arrived at the entrance gate of the Korea Army Officer Candidate School, the Security Soldier hold her.

"A new cadet?" he asked.

"Yes sir" Lisa said.

"I should inspect your bag first!" he said as he directly go to Lisa bag and inspected.

She just nodded.

"It's all done. You could enter at the camp. Do your best cadet!" he said.

"Yes sir!" Lisa said.

"I couldn't hear you!" he said.

"YES SIR!" Lisa yelled.

"Good! Welcome to the school" he said as he open the gates.

As Lisa entered the gate she saw a bunch of trainee waiting for their lines. She was surprised that she counted that there were 5 girls who join in the military she thought that she'll be the only woman would enlist in the school she wanted to join. She started to line on the girls lane, where the 5 girls gathering up.

Then the 5 girls started to looking up with Lisa head to toe. Lisa just bowed at them respectfully same as the other girls too.

"Hello there my fellow classmate!"

"Hi!" Lisa said as she smiled.

"I'm Seulgi! and you are?" Seulgi introduced herself.

"Lisa" Lisa said.

"Well, hello Lisa I'm Wendy" Wendy said.

"Nice to meet you Wendy" Lisa said.

"I'm Dahyun!" Dahyun said as she showed her smile.

"Hi Dahyun!" Lisa said.

"Jeongyeon! and this is momoring" Jeongyeon said that makes Dahyun chuckled.

Momo started to death glare to Jeongyeon.

"Yah~ Jeongyeon.. Sorry but I'm Momo not momoring, don't trust Jeongyeon" Momo said.

"Haha. Nice to meet you Momo. What year are you my dear sisters!" Lisa said.

"Me and Momoring are 96 liners" Jeongyeon said.

"~Yah stop me calling Momoring" Momo said.

"So I'll call you unnie's" Lisa said. That makes Jeongyeon and Momo shocked.

"What line are you Lisa?" Momo asked.

"I'm '97 liner unnie" Lisa said.

"Ahh you and Dahyun are pairing up, she's a '97 liner too" Jeongyeon said.

"High five there Lisa" Dahyun said as she offered a high five.

Lisa started to high five with Dahyun.

"Well is this a coincidence or what?" Seulgi said.

"Why?" Lisa asked.

"Me and Wendy are '94 liner!" Seulgi said that makes Jeongyeon, Momo, Dahyun and Lisa covered their mouths.

"No way. We, the 6 girls are pairing up the same liners! Awesome. Girl power my dear unnie's" Dahyun said as she is so very hyped up.

"Girl power here in our school. Oh right" Wendy said.

All the 6 girls are so excited to getting know with each other, but the Sergeant appeared on their way.

"ATTENTION!" The Sergeant shouted.

Now all the trainees now standing straight and begin to act like they are a real soldier.

The girls do the same too.

The Lieutenant started to introduced himself.

"I am Sergeant Lee Seung-hyun and I'll be your DRILL SERGEANT"

"Yes sir" All the enlisted trainees sync there voices.

Sergeant Seung-hyun started to go at the girls lane first.

"YOU! What's your name cadet?" Sgt. Seung-hyun asked to Jeongyeon.

"I'm Yoo Jeongyeon Sergeant Lee!" Jeongyeon yelled.

"Give me a 5 push ups" Sgt. Seung-hyun said.

Jeongyeon started to do the 5 push up and she finished her thing.

"Now Cadet! Go to your barrack!" Sgt. Seung-hyun said.

"Where is it Sgt. Lee?" Jeongyeon forgot to shout.

"I can't hear you Cadet Jeongyeon?" Sgt. Seung-hyun said.

"WHERE IS THE ROOM SGT. LEE?" Jeongyeon shouted.

"Turn to the left and you'll see the barrack and there would be the floor that it would only for girls! UNDERSTAND CADET?" Sgt. Seung-hyun as he pointed out the barrack.

"YES SERGEANT LEE!" Jeongyeon said.

"NOW GO CADET" Sgt. Seung-hyun said.

Jeongyeon started to get her things and heading to the room.

"YOU CADET WHAT'S YOUR NAME!" Sgt. Seung-hyun asked Lisa.

"LALISA MANOBAN! SERGEANT LEE!" Lisa said.

"GIVE ME A 10 JUMPING JACKS!" Sgt. Seung-hyun said.

Lisa started to do her 10 jumping jack.

"GOOD! NOW GO TO YOUR ROOM Cadet!" Sgt. Seung-hyun said.

Now Lisa started to pick her backpack but..

"Cadet Lalisa! GIVE ME 10 push ups!" Sgt. Seung-hyun said.

Lisa was shocked so she did the 10 push ups.

"NOW WHAT DO YOU SAY CADET MANOBAN?" Sgt. Seung-hyun said.

"YES SERGEANT LEE!" Lisa shouted.

"NOW GO!" Sgt. Seung-hyun said.

Lisa get her backpack and heading to the room which Sgt. Seung-hyun assigned them.

//

Lisa

I don't know why, but I'm so excited to get trained here in this school. I don't care how much our Sergeant will do push-up or doing what he wants. As long, I obey his rule, it's an easy task for me. Now I arrived at the room for the girls. Damn it has 3 bunk bed. Well basically, we are only 6 girls who enlist here in this school so why not we get in closed to each other. It's really cool that me and Dahyun are '97 liners while Momo unnie and Jeongyeon unnie are '96 liner. Seulgi unnie and Wendy unnie are '94 liners. Like it's a coincidence or what?

I saw Jeongyeon eonnie started to unpacked her things.

"What's up unnie?"

"Yeah Lisa-ssi? What's up with our Sergeant?" Jeongyeon asked.

"I got 10 jumping jacks and 10 push up"

"Oh! Are you alright?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Nah unnie! Don't worry about me, I'm fine"

"Suit yourself Lisa-ssi. Which one are you top or bottom in the bunk bed?" Jeongyeon asked.

Did I remember something? That question though. Lisa just focused your in the military. Don't think about something!

"Hello Lisa-ssi? Are you there or I'm in the wrong number?" Jeongyeon said.

"Sorry unnie. I was just spacing out about something. I'll be on top"

"Good! I'll be on top then too! Which do you want in the left, middle or right in the bunk bed?" Jeongyeon asked.

"I'll be in the left!"

"Okay! Oh it's Momoring. She's coming" Jeongyeon said.

I turn back and saw her that she's tired. Now she enter on our room.

"So how is it Momoring?" Jeongyeon asked as she started to chuckled.

"I got 50 jumping jacks and 10 pushups" Momo said as she panted really hard.

"Why what happened eonnie?"

"Maybe my voice can't hear to our Sergeant ears. So I keep 10 jumping jacks everytime he asked me" Momo explained as she sitted on the right of the bunk bed.

"Now you should practiced your voice to be louder Momoring!" Jeongyeon said.

"Yeah, whatever! Now where you want to sleep Jeongyeon?" Momo asked.

"In this bunk bed too but I'll be on top" Jeongyeon said.

"Ahh then I'll be on the bottom?" Momo asked.

"No.. you'll sleep in the floor" Jeongyeon said as she rolled her eyes to Momo.

I just chuckled to this two unnie's. Maybe this is the place I should start to heal myself.

"Aish!" Momo said.

"Oh it's Seulgi unnie"

Now she entered on our room.

"So how is it unnie?"

"IT FEELS GOOD TO BE BACK WITH MY GIRLS" Seulgi said.

"Why what happened unnie?" Momo asked.

"Nothing, I just missed you all. The task that Sergeant assigned me is way to easy for me" Seulgi said.

"Well that's good eonnie. I feel the same too" Jeongyeon said.

"I second with that"

"Well basically, military is our thing maybe? Why we won't feel to hard?" Momo said.

Wendy just appeared know where.

"It's just only first day of being a student here in the school sisters. We don't even know what happened with our next training. So calm down your okay?" Wendy said.

"Wendy is right to be honest!" Seulgi said.

"Let's hope for the best sisters that we could go to the officer training. Let's just do our best!" Jeongyeon said.

"I agreed! Let's do our best"

"Hi unnies!" Dahyun said.

"Now where complete! We will-" Jeongyeon cutted her words suddenly the officer appeared know where.

"ATTENTION LADIES!"

Everyone of us stands straight to the officer.

"I'm Lieutenant Kwon Jiyong!" Lt. Jiyong said.

"Yes sir!" All of us synced in.

"This is all your military boots and the uniform! A little tip that you should wake up in the morning at 5am!" Lt. Jiyong said as he put down our uniform and the 6 boxes of boots.

"Yes sir!" All of us synced in.

"Now girls hand me your cellphone. I'll confiscate it and you'll never use your beloved cellphone in your life" Lt. Jiyong said

Now all of us get our cellphone and handed out to Lt. Jiyong.

"Good luck to you all! Hope I could see you all in the Officer Training!" Lt. Jiyong said.

"Yes sir!" All of us synced in.

Lt. Jiyong nodded on us and heading outside and bringing out our cellphones. Now it's all gone..

"We should explore more on this camp!" Seulgi said.

"Yeah, we will get a punishment if we will do that" Wendy said as she crossed her arms.

"We will just wait unnie on what the officer said to us!" Dahyun said.

"Okay then!" Seulgi said.

"Now what should we do right now?" Momo asked.

"I don't know we will get to know each other while we are waiting to our officers?" Dahyun suggested.

"That's a great idea. Now who will go first?" Wendy asked.

"Jeongyeon will be first!" Momo said as she pointed out.

"I'm gonna kill you Momo!" Jeongyeon said.

"Well, were going to play truth or dare with a getting to know each other?" I suggested.

"That's a great idea! Now Lisa would start with the person on her right would ask her the truth or dare! Deal?" Wendy said.

"That's a great idea!" Seulgi said.

The other 3 nodded. So Lisa have no choice but to go first. Well, Momo is in her right.

"Truth or Dare?" Momo asked her.

"Truth!" Lisa said.

"What's your uality?" Momo asked that makes me shocked.

"MOMO!!" Jeongyeon shouted.

"Oh shoot. This would be awkward" Dahyun said.

"Straight...as...a...circle" I explained.

The 5 girls just nodded and Jeongyeon started to death glare on Momo.

"It's actually okay Jeongyeon unnie don't worry. It's just part of our getting to know each other"

Jeongyeon just nodded at me and she just released a deep sighed.

Momo is next and her right side is Wendy.

So they just continue their truth or dare and basically they had a great time getting to know each other.

Now it's Lisa turn again. Then Momo started to asked me.

"Truth or Dare?" she asked.

"Truth"

"Do you have a girlfriend? If, yes how long are you two?" Momo asked that makes Jeongyeon stood up.

"You Momoring! I'll fight you!" Jeongyeon said as she pinched Momo ears.

"Jeongyeon just calm down!" Seulgi said as she tried to calm Jeongyeon.

"It's actually been 4 years but we just broke up or I don't know it's too complicated" I said as I showed my smiled.

"Damn, what happened really?" Momo asked.

"Momo!" Jeongyeon said as she wanted to pinch the other ear of Momo but Seulgi stopped her.

"Guys calm down, it's just part of our getting to know each other" Wendy said.

"It's just too personal unnie. Sorry if this Momoring is to-" I cutted Jeongyeon words.

"It's okay Jeongyeon unnie. Guess, I should tell the story"

"Lisa, I don't think your ready!" Dahyun said as she was concerned.

"Don't spill the tea sis" Jeongyeon said.

"I WANT YOUR ATTENTION CADETS" Sgt. Seung-hyun said.

We just panicked as we heard Sergeant voiced. We stood up and stand straight.

"YES SERGEANT LEE" We all synced in.

"EAT YOUR MEALS ON THE CANTEEN!" Sgt. Seung-hyun said.

"YES SERGEANT LEE" We all synced in.

Now all of us walks out on our room and heading to the cafeteria. We started to explore the camp and it's really big.

"Lisa.. I'm sorry about the question earlier" Momo said.

"No it's okay unnie don't be sorry" I said as Lisa side hug Momo.

Now all of us arrived at the cafeteria and started to get our meals.

Lisa choked her own saliva because my 'ex-girlfriend' is here in the school too. Is she following her? Then she remembered that she's the Daughter of the General. But wait, why she's here in the cafeteria? Lisa don't mind her because she really hate her. Jennie broke Lisa's heart into million pieces!

[[FLASHBACK]]

Lisa

4 years ago..

I didn't know what happened to my nini. Why she isn't replying my text and call. I don't have no idea what happened to her. I'm really worried about her. I really missed her. I decided to go at her house.

Now I'm at their front door. I started to knocking out. I heard some foot steps that is not really an ordinary foot steps..

It's her father, the General..

Now he opened the door and I was right. So I intensed gulp and started to bowed respectfully at him.

"Good day sir! Is Jennie around?"

"What are you doing here?" General Kim said coldly.

"Visiting your daughter sir. She hasn't reply to my text or answering my call"

"You should leave" General Kim said as he crossed his arms.

"Maybe I should know, where is your daughter sir?"

"Don't comeback here at our house or even our property" he said.

"Why sir?"

"Are you a stubborn child?" he raised his voice.

"No sir. I just wanted to know if where is your daughter?"

"She's now at the New Zealand. She doesn't wanted to meet you ever again. Your break my daughter's heart!" General Kim said that makes me shocked that, what did I ever to her to break her heart?

"I didn't break your daughter's heart sir! I'm very confused right now"

"Don't act like you didn't break my daughter's heart and her feelings! You bastard" he said that makes my knees feel weak.

"I don't get it sir! Could I talk to your daughter? I promised to you that I won't ever come-" he cutted my words.

"Don't be! No more explanation to my daughter. You already break her heart and now you'll gonna explaining to her what happened to the both of you? No I don't want too" he said.

"But sir-"

"THAT'S THE GENERAL COMMAND! YOU UNDERSTAND?" he yelled at me.

"I understand sir. Sorry for being a stubborn lady to you! I am sorry if I break your daughter's heart even I didn't! So I'm sorry!"

"Now go and never come back to our house and even my daughter" he said.

I just bowed and nodded at him. I started to walk in the streets and I feel that my eyes are blurry because I was really hurt about what General Kim said at me. I didn't even break my nini's heart.

Maybe this is the end of our relationship? I shed a tear. Now I started to go in the convenience store and I bought 4 soju. I wanna drown myself with some alcohol. I don't really know what to do.

Now I payed my items on the cashier. Now it's all done. I started heading on the exit. But suddenly, I bumped accidentally into the girl.

"Sorry!" I said.

Then she stared at me and..

"Lisa?" the girl asked me.

"Jisoo unnie?"

"Oh hi! How are you've been? It's been decades the last time we met!" Jisoo said.

"Yeah! I'm fine. I feel wasted right now, but don't worry about me unnie! Huhu, you look like a doctor eonnie"

"I worked at the military Lis, as a Army Doctor" Jisoo said.

"Wow that's good unnie!" I said I showed my weakly smile.

"How 'bout you?" Jisoo asked.

"Just finished graduated as Bachelor of Business Administration"

"Dang! That's cool Lisa. Where are you heading at?" Jisoo asked.

"Going back home"

"Oh~ I'll bring you home" Jisoo said that makes me shocked.

"Thank you unnie. But I could take care myself"

"Are you sure?" Jisoo asked.

"Yes unnie! Now I should go. See you when I see you unnie" I said as I kissed on Jisoo cheeks for no reason.

I saw Jisoo unnie blushed hehe.. I missed her so much!

[END OF FLASHBACK]