05. Repercussion

Lost Stars

 

Mina was perceptibly surprised with all of the happenings earlier. There were too many to think about, first, Nayeon’s presence which smells trouble. Second, Momo and Jeongyeon fighting in the middle of the practice game, and third, Momo’s revelation to everyone regarding her feelings towards Jeongyeon, in which she could no longer attest. Now, they are alone inside their shared room. Momo is still holding her arms while looking at her anxiously with her bruised face and a bleeding lip.

“Why? Why did you do that?” Mina said in a low and silent voice

“I just can’t stand her. She’s blatantly hurting you” Momo explained “how come she brought Nayeon over after you confessed to her? And I heard you crying last night, she rejected you, right?”

Realizing what Momo is saying, Mina felt a contraction in her lungs, she couldn’t breathe. Everything is a mess now. If only she could tell Momo the real reason why she’s crying last night, but she couldn’t. It will ruin what they have. And it will hurt her more.

She sat at the corner of the bed and lay her back against it. Thinking of ways on how to atleast appease the existing problem. Her thoughts revolve around on how could she lie constantly on Momo’s face regarding the Jeongyeon matter.

“Yes, I got rejected, and I’m kind of expecting that” Mina lied again. If this would save her from getting hurt further, she would do it over again.

Momo turned to face her and sat beside her. The older held her hand rubbing her thumb against her skin as an act of comforting her, feeling sympathetic for her. Mina sat up straight and her face now aligned with Momo’s. She gazed at Momo’s features, she hasn’t stared at them this close, and the more she sees the perfection, the more she’s falling in an endless pit. Her eyes were drawn to the older’s wounded lips, she wanted to taste them.

“I’ll go get some first aid” Mina said shaking her thoughts from inappropriate things. She looked for the box of first aid inside the cabinet and return to her seat beside Momo. She slowly applied treatment on the bruises on the rookie’s face, gently blowing the part to lessen the pain. Momo whines at first but she became distracted by the closeness of Mina’s face. Mina is very pretty, Jeongyeon is very lucky to have this girl falling for her.

“Mina, why do you like Jeongyeon?” Momo just became curious suddenly.

She was caught off guard with the question. If it was asked months before, she could’ve answered right away. But it wasn’t, and answering it now will just add to the things she would be guilty of. She thought about a lot of things, how did she end up falling for the person in front of her. It has never crossed her mind before that she wound end up in this situation.

“It just happened… It has never occurred to me before that I would fall for her, even deeper now” Mina let the words came out, in her mind, she’s thinking about Momo without the older realizing that she’s talking about her.

Momo just hums in agreement.

“I understand you, we’re in the same situation” Momo agreed, pertaining to Nayeon. And Mina felt her heart sank. Yes, she’s selfish, she wanted Momo for herself but she doesn’t belong to her to start with, and it’s just absurd because she felt she already belong to Momo.

“A-ahh it hurts!” Momo wails when Mina forgot that she’s tending the wounds and she unconsciously pressed the cotton hard.

“Sorry” Mina blurted blowing the part where she pressed.

 

++

 

Jeongyeon is still in shock with what Momo mentioned earlier. Mina likes me? Since when? Why didn’t I notice? Jeongyeon tries to recall the subtle hints that Mina gave. Nayeon is with her at the living room of the villa, everyone else has resumed with the training except Momo and Mina.

Nayeon broke the silence, wanting Jeongyeon’s full attention.

“Why are you so shocked that Mina likes you? You’re likeable after all”

Jeongyeon turned her head to face Nayeon. She felt her chest pounding, it’s not like Nayeon said she likes her, but it was close to that.

“N-not really”

“You are” Nayeon insisted and she touched Jeongyeon’s face gently, wiping the bleeding cut at her cheeks. Nayeon leaned forward brushing her lips against Jeongyeon. Nayeon felt the urge to kiss Jeongyeon, she doesn’t want other person occupy the captains’ mind, she doesn’t want Mina confusing Jeongyeon. It agitates her. Their kiss is burning, passionate. A heartbeat. Nayeon suddenly pulled away. This can’t be happening. She ran away from Jeongyeon’s sight.

 

++

 

The coach gave the two a punishment for fighting during the game. They are now running countless numbers of laps in the shore. Both of them are exhausted when the coach let them rest. Jeongyeon showered quick and look for Mina after. She wanted to clarify things between them and if what Momo said is true.

She saw the younger at the bleacher inside the basketball court. She’s putting the water bottles into place for tomorrow’s practice. Jeongyeon walked closer towards her.

“You’re still busy even after the practice” the older suddenly speaks startling Mina who didn’t noticed her presence.

“You’re done with your punishment?”

“Yes, and I wanted to talk to you” the older sat at one of the seats.

Mina knew this will be about Momo’s revelation earlier. She sat beside Jeongyeon who starts the conversation.

“Does what Momo said was true?” Jeongyeon asked

“Partially” Mina started, “I was in love with you” Mina emphasized. “It started way back since we became friends, I liked your company, your presence, your warmth… I couldn’t confess to you because you always see me as a family”

“I’m sorry, for being insensitive” Jeongyeon apologized for not realizing it sooner.

“It’s okay, actually it doesn’t hurt now, and I’m glad that I can talk to you normally like this, like we’re real friends now” the words are full of sincerity coming from Mina

“So am I right, about the things that made you cry last night, is because of Momo?” the older asked. Mina nods.

“Momo isn’t aware that my feelings for you were gone, I have a favor to ask from you, please keep this a secret”

“I don’t know why you should keep it a secret, but yes, I will. You’re my best friend after all, just don’t let yourself hurt further, I don’t want to see you cry again” Jeongyeon pats Mina’s head comforting the younger. Mina pulled a weak smile to show she’s okay.

 

++

Momo went to the shore after she freshen up just to find Nayeon sitting alone at the sand. Nayeon looked miserable. Feeling the need to comfort the cheerleader, she sat beside her.

“Why are you here alone, I thought you’re with Jeongyeon”

“I can’t” Nayeon said confusing Momo.

“You can’t? what do you mean?”

“It wasn’t my plan to fall in love” Nayeon blurted gaining the full attention of Momo. “Jeongyeon, I think I love her” the older confessed, and Momo felt the words stabbing her chest. Why Jeongyeon? I’m the only one who knows Nayeon the most, the one who accepted her in her worst.

“Why her? Why can’t you love me instead? Look at me…” Momo piteously said.

“I don’t know, Momo. It just happened” Nayeon said pulling her hair in frustration. All of a sudden, Momo pulled Nayeon’s arms and leaned forward crashing her lips against Nayeon’s. The older was caught off guard but she couldn’t complain, she liked the contact, Momo’s giving her warmth that she wanted without feeling guilty. Momo knows her more than Jeongyeon do, and she’s afraid if the latter would learn about her real personality behind the innocent façade. Nayeon kissed back, returning the warmth, the kiss is pure, passionate, and burning. If only Nayeon could love this person back, but her heart betrayed her big time. When they pulled apart, Nayeon saw two people standing at the side, it was Jeongyeon and Mina, witnessing the kiss they shared. She didn’t fail to notice the tear that fell on Jeongyeon’s eyes before she disappeared from her sight.

Mina stood frozen at the sight, it was harder witnessing them doing things even though she knew they did more than that. Nayeon leave Momo’s side and runs toward the villa, leaving the two alone. Mina swallowed the lump blocking as Momo stood up patting her to remove the sand particles in her shorts.

“How long… have you two been watching?” Momo asked

“The entire time…” Mina silently said not feeling well about the situation. Momo walked forward hanging her head down.

“I see… but I don’t regret anything… I think it’s better that Jeongyeon saw us, right?” Momo gazed at her like looking for the answer. Mina couldn’t talk back, the look in Momo’s eyes is painful. Why are you in so much pain? Mina knew the answer from the start. Nayeon. It was always Nayeon.

“Let’s go inside, it’s getting cold” was all Mina could say avoiding the topic. They head inside their shared room, the air around them is getting heavier with Momo’s depressed state. The older is sitting at the bed tucking her knees. Mina sat in front of her. Finally, Momo decided to tell what happened.

“Nayeon, she’s in love with Jeongyeon after all, I gave my all, Mina…” the tears were uncontrollably falling from her eyes. Mina wiped her tears with her thumb. She’s holding back her tears, she is broken inside as well, and it breaks her more seeing the person she adores so much is hurting.

“Use me” Mina said cupping Momo’s cheeks.

“Think of me as Nayeon” she continued as she moved her face closer to Momo. In an instant Mina was already laying her back against the bed, their lips brushing against each other, it was gentle. Momo pulled shortly watching Mina’s face intently,

“I couldn’t think of you as Nayeon anymore” Momo admitted “but I love your warmth” she continued and she kissed her again. Mina felt intoxicated by the touch, the kiss is getting deeper, what Momo just said made her a bit relieved, maybe she’s pathetic but she wanted this. Clothes undone, Mina’s head is spinning with every touch. Momo’s touches are giving her all kinds of pleasure. It is no longer a game for Mina, it is her everything. Their deal is long gone when she started to develop feelings for Momo. It is over. She’s surrendered everything to Momo.

They exchanged kisses, body kisses, and touches. Mina couldn’t count how many times she came, Momo did her best tonight. And now they are enveloped with warm comforter covering their bodies. Mina is laying her head against Momo’s arms while her limbs are all around Momo like she doesn’t want to let go of her.

“You smell nice” Momo blurted upon smelling her head. “I love it” Mina felt her cheeks burning by the simple compliment.

“You can smell all you want’ Mina said tightening the hug.

“Whoever you’ll date in the future is lucky, be it Jeongyeon or someone else” Momo suddenly said. Mina flinched at the statement. I wish it was you.

“How can you say that?” Mina asked quietly. Momo hugged her tight, pressing their bodies together.

“Because you can make the bad day better, you make me feel I’m not alone, you’re too kind” Momo said under her breath feeling sleepy. Mina suddenly felt guilty. I’m not kind, I am taking advantage of this deal to be with you.

 

++

 

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter, I was sick and busy with work.

Happy Momo day! Mimo breathed today in Cultwo and I am still hyperventilating over it. :)))