15. Final

Lost Stars

 

Mina immediately wiped her tears and hid the cast under the table when she heard the door creaked open. Momo entered suddenly.

“I was looking for some towel and your change of clothes since I saw you’re sweating a lot” Mina felt the need to explain her intrusion. Momo just sat at her bed and pointed at a door behind her.

“That is my walk in closet” as if Momo has already given her permission to take care of her, Mina was quick to enter the room and look for what she needed. She took the most comfortable set of sleeping clothes and a dry towel. When she went to the room again, Momo was in the bathroom. She sat at the edge of the bed. She doesn’t know why she is feeling a bit nervous.

In a moment, Momo went out of the bathroom wearing her bathrobe. She took a quick shower since she’s sweating a lot and she saw Mina frozen in her bed and the girl suddenly looked away.

“I-I got your clothes here” Mina stuttered on her words as Momo approached her. The older sat beside her, still on her robe and Mina fidgeted on her seat. Neither of them moved a muscle.

“A-are you feeling better?” Mina bravely asked under her nervous breath which she hopes Momo didn’t noticed.

There was this heavy air around them again. Momo just hums in response and Mina glimpsed at her face, wanting to read her mind. They are sitting close, almost no space between them, but why does it feel like they are miles apart. Then Momo turned her head towards her, it was sudden, and she’s lost when their eyes met. Momo’s face became nearer and nearer under the shadows and Mina felt dizzy under the older girl’s gaze. All her nervousness has been replaced with yearning as she leaned closer to Momo. In a moment she pressed her lips against Momo’s and she felt weak, she felt vulnerable when Momo kissed back. She clutches her hand on Momo’s shoulder like her life depended on it, and she felt a hand caressed her jaw and everything just burns. The kiss became deeper, more passionate per Mina’s description. It’s too much and Mina was drowning with her own feelings, loving feelings for Momo. She couldn’t hold back and would never turn back. She missed her warmth, her touch, her kisses, everything.

Momo pushed her softly to lay on the bed and the latter matches her body’s form against the bed. Mina hardly had a moment to react, Momo’s kiss is burning hot, maybe because she’s still a bit feverish but Mina couldn’t think straight anymore and let everything fall into its perfect place. She felt Momo’s kisses going down, and she closed her eyes, wanting to feel her body burn with every contact. She surrendered everything, her heart, her soul. They went beyond kissing, more intimate, and it meant a lot for Mina. Even though there were no exchanges of words, she felt that they have gone to a whole new level of communication. She doesn’t need words, and being with Momo is the only thing that matters.

After the steamy , Mina was tucked under Momo’s arms. She felt the safest. Stream of thoughts run through her mind. I just love you, I simply do. I want to stay by your side until I can. I wouldn’t want to lose you again. I won’t trade you for anything else in the world. She hugged her tighter, her bare body pressed against the older girl feeling the warmth of her skin as they are flesh to flesh. Feeling the comfort, she drifted to sleep.

When Momo felt Mina already fell asleep, she looked at her serene face and she tucked some of her hair to her ears to see the beautiful features clearly. After some moment, she gently sat up and wore her robe when she stood up. She took a quick glance on the sleeping Mina before she went out of her room.

Sitting on her balcony, she stared at the sky looking for answers. Her mind’s a mess, agonizing over her decisions. Why didn’t you control yourself Momo? Everything became complicated. She’s been cursing to herself. But seeing Mina in a vulnerable state makes her want to do things to her. Mina’s presence alone can make her feel heaven and hell at the same time, there’s no in between.

She’s been thinking of giving in to her feelings towards Mina. It’s been hard for her the past few years but having Mina around like this, how can she hate her? She thought that when she can hurt Mina, her heart will feel satisfied, but it doesn’t, she couldn’t even stand the thought of Mina crying. Never. But she couldn’t let herself hurt as well, that’s why she doesn’t want to bring about the past. Momo being oblivious that keeping Mina with her will cause the younger girl more pain than she intended to.

As she was about to open her pack of cigars, a warm hug enveloped her body and she can feel the bare skin touched against her back as she was covered with thin robe. She caught a whiff of Mina’s lavender scent. Mina laid her head against Momo’s shoulder while hugging her from behind and Mina took the pack of cigars away from Momo’s grasp.

“That’s not good for your health, Momo” she said and continued snuggling at the nook of her neck. Momo felt warm all over. Her heart couldn’t resist beating this fast whenever Mina is doing these kinds of things. Can I trust my feelings? She closed her eyes and hummed in response.

“Okay, I won’t smoke” Momo promised and Mina hugged her tighter at the response.

“Can’t sleep?” she asked and Momo was quick to divert the question.

“Yes, but let’s head inside, it’s getting cold, you’ll catch a cold” Momo turned to face Mina but was surprised when Mina peck her lips. Momo again, lost it. Maybe her feelings over these past few years have become stronger and what she thought was hate was love after all. She loves Myoui Mina. She’s still in love with her and she’s willing to put the shattered pieces of her heart back. You’re willing to help me Mina, right?

 

Mina felt the happiest. Being able to be with Momo again like they are back together and doing things that lovers do. But are they back together? She won’t complain if they could stay like this. She felt that bringing up the past would break them. If Momo wouldn’t want to talk about it, she won’t. Earning the older girl’s trust is what she needs to work on, she knew it will be hard, and she’s willing to risk it all.

 

They stayed close for the rest of the night, limbs were around each other, hearing only their heartbeat. It was calm. The silence that Momo loved. For the first time, her headache didn’t appear. Maybe choosing Mina again is what she needs to do to have a peace of mind. She kissed the younger girl’s forehead as she wished her “sleep tight” under her breath and Mina pulled her lips upward feeling the comfort that was Momo.

 

++

The drive to the company is silent. She glimpsed at the driving Momo and she felt her face flushed at the memory of what they just did last night. And her eyes traveled down to Momo’s lips. Momo can see Mina from her peripheral vision that she is staring at her and she pulled her lips upward which made Mina felt self-conscious.

“Myoui-san? You have a problem?” Momo teasingly said and Mina wanted to disappear from embarrassment.

“N-none” she stuttered even though she knew that Momo is making fun of her. The older girl giggled as she pulled to a stop.

When Mina was about to get off the car, Momo pulled her hand to stop her from leaving. And the next thing she knew Momo was kissing her cheek and whispered “good morning” into her ear and then she felt the hair at the back of her neck rising.

 

Walking towards the lobby, Mina kept her distance. Sleeping together in one night may mean something to Mina but she doesn’t know if Momo felt the same, she doesn’t want to assume things. Momo suddenly stopped walking and turned back to Mina.

“You should walk beside me” Momo tried to sound casual but it just sounded too uplifting to Mina’s ears.

Gain saw the two approaching the elevator and she knew something isn’t the same. The look in Momo’s eyes and how Mina’s face flush when Momo talks to her, it all feels so wrong. I think I had to knock some of her senses.

++

They do the usual routine in the office, Momo being busy with meeting people in and outside office. While Mina would sometimes tag along with her. She’s been learning so much about Momo’s job. After the busy day, they would grab dinner together along the way and Momo would drop her off at her apartment after that and will give her a kiss on her cheek and a sweet “Goodnight” and “Don’t be late”.

Mina found it sweet, everything. We are getting there. Without words, Mina can feel Momo’s affection. It is like they are being five years younger again. Like nothing has changed. She still feels the same, and she hopes Momo too.

 

++

Momo looked at the disappearing figure of Mina as she went outside the car heading towards her apartment. She is still in love with Mina. She can’t deny it anymore. She’s forgiven the girl long before the moment she looked into her eyes when they were at her house when she was sick.

Buzz

Her thoughts trailed off with the buzz of her phone. Her father is calling again, and she knew it is something serious when her father calls during the night.

“Momo, have you heard the news? Our factory in Japan has been hit with calamity, we are experiencing great loss here, please do something. Seek for Suzy’s help”

“Why is it always Suzy?”

“Because she wouldn’t say no to you, Momo”

She released a heavy sigh. She knew their company is struggling this past few months and with this calamity, it is more impossible to recover. She gripped the steering wheel tight before uttering “okay” in dejected tone.

 

++

“Momo, tell me what is happening between you and Mina” Gain accused. She knew there’s going on between the two.

“What are you talking about?” Momo denied. She doesn’t want to hear another round of nagging from her friend. It would be hell.

“You know what I was talking about, if you won’t tell me, maybe I’ll ask her instead” and Gain turned her back to walk away when Momo spoke.

“Please don’t bother her, Gain. There’s really nothing going on between us” she insisted, trying to convince her to leave Mina alone.

“You can’t lie to me, Momo. I’m just concerned about you, what if you get hurt again? I don’t want to see you almost killing yourself again” Gain felt her voice cracked at the last statement and it wasn’t left unnoticed by Momo as she looked at her friend’s eyes.

Momo knew where Gain is coming from. She used to live in the depths of her depression. Been anywhere that trouble is, like she’s been crossing off death wishes. Looking for fast love, been giving out the same pain that Mina dealt out. She felt hollow and at one point she thought taking her own life. But Gain didn’t give up on helping her.

“Thank you, Gain. But, really, you don’t have to worry about anything” she gave her a sincere smile.

Gain felt defeated at the gesture. She will fight Momo for her decisions but in the end, she’ll still support her.

 

++

Momo brings Mina with her to Japan for a business trip, to check on their Japan factory. Of course, Mina wouldn’t object, it’s part of her job but sharing the same room, rather same bed, with Momo isn’t part of the plan. They are now inside the executive suite of this luxurious hotel in Tokyo.

Mina was frozen inside. When Momo noticed that Mina isn’t reacting, she approached the girl and wrapped her arms around Mina’s waist from behind. She leaned over the younger girl’s nape and Mina can feel the warm breath against her skin. It was comforting yet her heart couldn’t settle down from beating hard against her chest.

“Don’t you want to sleep beside me?” Momo asked even though she knew the answer already. Mina shook her head lightly in response. She held Momo’s arms with light squeeze reassuring herself that the presence won’t leave her. There was a peck on her neck which sends shivers down her spine. I love you. The words are still undelivered, the younger girl is just waiting for the right time to express them.

Momo gently turned Mina to face her. She could only gaze at her with fondness. Perhaps, being this close to Mina is the best thing in the world.

“I love you” Momo confessed. Mina felt her heart jumped out of her ribcage upon hearing those words coming out from Momo’s mouth. With just three words, she felt the world suddenly stopped spinning. And there was a momentary silence. But Momo reached her hand to her cheeks, wiping her tears that she didn’t know was already streaming down her face.

“If I knew you would cry, I should have not said that” Momo said. Mina, after realizing that she’s crying, immediately wiped her eyes by the back of her palm, but the tears won’t stop, not now, that Momo just told her what she was yearning to hear, yet she feels she doesn’t deserve this.

“Hey…” Momo was trying to calm Mina down as she was choking back her tears to respond to the confession.

“I- I don’t deserve this, I’ve always wanted you to say them, but I don’t deserve it, I-I wronged you, I treated you unfairly” Mina muttered barely audible but Momo heard them clearly. She pulled Mina to a tight hug like she wanted to protect her. She didn’t expect Mina would react like this.

“I have forgiven you. Please forgive yourself too, Mina” Momo consoled her. Her heart breaks seeing Mina still blame herself after all these years. Mina still crying against Momo’s shoulder, choking back the tears to be able to speak clearly.

“I-I’m sorry for everything, I regret all I did. I-“ Mina was stopped from talking when Momo crashed her lips against hers. It was burning. And she knew she doesn’t have to tell everything when Momo initiated the kiss. Like telling her, it was okay, it will be alright, we’ll be alright. All her worries fade away with just one kiss.

I won’t ever waste this chance. I promise. I will stay by your side no matter what.

 

++

 

The day after, they both went to the factory to check the damages dealt by the calamity. It was such a disaster, as if you couldn’t even recognize that there was even a factory existed. One of the employee who looked so distressed approached them in a haste.

“Hirai-san, is it true that the company is going to downsize? I beg you Hirai-san, please spare me, I am old, no company would accept me and my family still needs my support”

Momo was shocked by the news, she hasn’t heard about this downsizing but it wasn’t impossible, their company in on a brink of collapsing. She breathed heavily before she uttered “don’t worry” to the person. Mina saw how bothered Momo looked after that encounter. She held onto Momo’s hand and give them a little squeeze of assurance that she’s always there if Momo needs her help.

 

++

 

Momo was summoned by her father that night and she apologized to Mina that she couldn’t bring her along. Mina understood and reassured the older girl that she’d be fine by herself. Momo just gave her a peck and left.

It was a dinner meeting, as what her father told her, and she shouldn’t be surprised when she saw the people who they are meeting with. Suzy was there but she was confused why her parents are there as well.

“Hi Momo-chan” Suzy greeted her beaming in joy. She bowed at the Bae parents and took her seat beside the young heiress. She has a clue what was going to happen, and she was not wrong.

“Momo, we are talking about this for a long time, since both of you are getting along well, we don’t see any problem of you getting married in the future” Momo’s father initiated and she felt her insides flipped upside down at the authoritative tone of the statement.

Momo glanced at Suzy’s parents and they gave her warm smile and her eyes went to Suzy who a bit embarrassed at the announcement. Suzy is a sweet person, kind, and nice. Momo’s is having an internal conflict in her head right now and she doesn’t know how to react at her father’s statement and all she could say is “I see” like she agreed with the set up. Everything happened so fast, the next thing she knew, she was now inside her car breathing heavily. Like she wasn’t able to breath the entire time she was inside the restaurant. The last words that her father told her before leaving keeps repeating on her head. Be nice to Suzy, don’t you dare do anything stupid. Remember, we need their help to save our company, to save our people.

++

 

Momo arrived late in the evening and upon entering their room, she saw Mina sleeping in an upright position in their bed with a book in her hand. It seems like the younger tried to fight her sleepiness while waiting for her. She sat at the edge of the bed, she reached in her fringe and tucked some of them behind her ears to see her face. It was solemn, Mina’s face is breathtakingly pretty and Momo again felt her heart sank thinking about the dinner earlier. She wanted to be with Mina. Momo was caressing Mina’s cheek when the touch startled the younger girl to wake her up.

“You’re here” her sleepy voice reached Momo which sends her unable to control the urge to kiss the owner. She closes the gap and her lips find Mina’s in an instant. Momo needed this. She needed Mina beside her, like nothing else matters.

They kissed for God knows how long until they ran out of breath. Mina felt her body burning all over with how intense they are making out. It wasn’t normal for Momo to be this aggressive but Mina won’t protest, she loves everything the older girl do to her.

They made love.

 

++

 

Back in Korea, the two is at their usual routine in their work. But Momo became busier because of the issues here and there. She’s aware of the older girl’s schedule since she’s her executive assistant so when she saw a vacant time on her boss’ calendar, she took Momo out of the office to grab some fresh air.

They were sitting at this park near their office building facing the street. Mina knew that the older girl is burning herself out, she can see them in the dark circles under Momo’s eyes.

“Don’t think about work during your break” Mina said as she squeezed Momo’s hand under her skin. Momo’s mind snapped back to reality upon hearing Mina’s words.

“I’m sorry” Momo muttered like she has to apologize to Mina for not spending enough time with her. Momo thought that if she worked hard, she doesn’t have to seek for Suzy’s help and she could call off her father’s plan. But as time passes, she knew, they are collapsing. She knew, sooner or later, she would need to ask for Suzy’s help.

 

“You don’t have to apologize” Mina said softly as she caressed the older girl’s cheek like reassuring her that she’ll always be there and she won’t leave. Momo felt that, the warmth, and she snuggled at the touch with eyes closed. Don’t leave.

 

++

 

One day, Mina noticed that there was a scheduled dinner meeting that day without any details about who or where. It wasn’t surprising that Momo would sometimes deal with clients over dinner but it was just unusual that Momo doesn’t give any details about it. Mina just shrugged it off thinking that it was just a confidential meeting.

Mina head home first when Momo told her that meeting might end late.

“Ok, but please don’t drink and drive.” Mina worriedly said and Momo just chuckled at the remark.

“I’m not going to drink, worrywart” and she adorably pinched Mina’s cheeks trying hard not to kiss the pouting lips of the younger.

 

++

 

Momo arrived at the five-star restaurant and she immediately saw Suzy waving at her direction. She approached the table as she bowed and sat across her.

“I’m glad you make it through your busy schedule” Suzy commented knowing how preoccupied Momo’s schedule are. Momo just gave her a smile not knowing what to respond with the remark. Suzy is just a sweetheart. Being only a bit older than her, one year to be exact, she knows how to make people comfortable around her.

“Let’s eat” they ordered and Suzy just glanced at Momo who seems out of it.

“Are you okay?” the older girl caressed Momo’s hand trying to snap her out of her wandering thoughts.

“Uh yes, sorry” Momo abruptly responded.

They ate, silently. Suzy wanted to break the awkwardness around them, they used to talk normally before but after that dinner in Japan, she felt this wall dividing them.

“I like you” Suzy confessed soon after they finished eating and this earned Momo’s full attention.

“I think I love you, I know it’s too sudden, but I know from the moment I talked to you that you are a nice person, you caught my attention and now, I will try my best for you to look at me too” she continued and Momo was left dumbfounded by the confession. It takes a lot of courage to say those things and Momo commends Suzy for that. But she couldn’t bring herself to tell her the truth, that she’s with someone now, that someone whom she loved for a long time. Be nice to her. We need her to save our company.  Her father’s words echoed in her head like reminding her of what she needs to do. And she felt sick. Sick of herself that she’s gradually becoming the person she doesn’t want to be.

“You’re a nice person Suzy, and it’s easy to like someone like you” Momo said returning the touch of her hand against her skin.

++

 

True to her words, Suzy went to Momo’s office and approached her executive secretary, Mina.

“Hi, Mina” the older waved at her and Mina bowed in acknowledgement.

“I’m sorry but Hirai-ssi isn’t here today, she’s out in a meeting – “

“I know” Suzy cut her off politely. “I’m actually here to talk to you” and she gave a toothy smile and Mina was feeling strange with all of this. Why did she wanted to talk to me?

 

She found herself in a cozy café near the area with Suzy sitting in front of her drinking her Chamomile tea while she chose to drink Americano. She’s silent and Suzy’s the one to initiate the conversation.

“I want to know more about Momo, I approached you because you seem nice and you’re close with her and I know Gain won’t tell me anything” Suzy straightforwardly said.

Ah, I see where is this going. Mina thought but she couldn’t dis the person in front of her. She can feel that Suzy likes Momo and it shows.

“I really don’t know much about Hirai-ssi” she lied not wanting to unveil their past or their current situation.

“I thought she’s telling you everything” Suzy dejectedly said and Mina felt a bit guilty.

“I just know few things about her” Mina lifting the older girl’s mood back and she can see her eyes beaming in curiosity.

“Really? Please tell me. I want to know more about my fiancé” the older girl blurted and Mina was quick to grasp what was said.

“Fiancé?” Mina asked confirming what she heard is correct. She hasn’t heard any of it from Momo.

“Yes, why? We have agreed about it last time in Japan” the statement doesn’t sit well with Mina, she felt her heart aches but she doesn’t want to show it most specially in front of Suzy.

“N-nothing, it’s just that, I haven’t heard about it” she tried hard to hide her voice cracking but she failed, fortunately Suzy didn’t notice.

It was deafening. She couldn’t focus on what Suzy was saying, her mind’s been full of Momo being engaged to Suzy and she felt her heart breaking at the fact. She wanted to get out of this place but she doesn’t want to appear rude.

“I’m sorry, Suzy, but I have to go” she excused herself as she was not feeling well.

“Okay, would you want me to drive you home?” she offered but Mina shook her head and leave.

++

It wasn’t her habit to go home early but she just felt like she couldn’t pull herself together and pretend everything is okay in front Momo. Not now. She’s been rolling in her bed crying. Why does it hurt so much? Now I know how it feels when the one you love is hiding something from you. She couldn’t hate or blame Momo. She knew Momo has her reasons. She promised her that she wouldn’t leave her, that she’ll stay no matter what happens. I have to be strong. But the tears couldn’t stop falling.

 

++

 

“Are you okay?” Momo worriedly asked. They are inside her office after the entire day of work. Momo caressed her face looking for answers. Mina was quiet for a moment, like collecting the shattered pieces of herself before saying a word.

“You don’t look fine” the older girl continued and Mina felt all her effort to appear okay is crumbling. She wanted to feel safe in Momo’s arms. When she looked at her gaze, everything just fell apart. She instinctively threw her arms around the older and Momo hugged her back. She hugged her tight not wanting the warmth to let go.

“I love you” Mina cried and Momo felt the younger girl’s shoulders are shaking. I love you. Way more than I love myself.

“I love you too” Momo melts deeper into the hug and comforted Mina even though she’s unaware of the reason why she is crying. They stayed like that until Mina calmed down and compose herself.

 

++

 

News spreads fast. The news about Momo’s engagement has been stretching out inside and outside the office. Well, anyone who’s associated with Bae Suzy, one of the richest entrepreneur, will become an instant celebrity. Media have been persistent to obtain the truth from the parties involved and Suzy has been pressured to talk to shut them up.

“Yes, Momo and I are engaged. But I couldn’t provide the details yet.” This statement coming from Bae Suzy herself has been broadcasted around the country. And some of the pictures of the two having dinner together has also been leaked.

That morning, Momo received lots of messages coming from Gain, Suzy, and some of her friends including Nayeon and Jeongyeon. She was flabbergasted at the news that broke out. Then her mind shifted to a specific person who might hurt by the news. Mina.

 

She immediately fixed herself and went straight to her office. The entrance has been packed with reporters from different stations. The moment she went out of her car, they mobbed her to get her statement.

“Is it true that you are dating Bae Suzy?”

“When is the wedding?”

“Are you just doing this to save your company?”

She doesn’t have time to answer all their questions. All that matter now is Mina. She has to talk to her. She tried to get through the reporters and fortunately she was able to enter with the help of the company guards.

“Is Mina here?” is the first thing that comes out of towards the person in the reception.

“Yes, Hirai-ssi” and Momo went straight to elevator and repeatedly pressed the up button impatiently waiting. When she reached the floor where her office is, she saw Mina casually working in her desk and when their eyes met, Momo swallowed the lump in .

“Have you heard about the news?” the older girl asked while panting and Mina just nodded avoiding Momo’s gaze.

“I am actually not surprised about it, I have known about it days after we arrive from Japan” she admitted and Momo was surprised. Mina knew all along and she still stayed, didn’t confront her and get mad at her. She held onto Mina’s hand and pulled her towards a private room to talk.

There was a momentary silence. Momo held onto Mina’s hands caressing the back of her palm.

“I-I can explain” Momo started. “It was my father’s decision, n-not mine, he’s the one who agreed to the marriage because only Suzy can save the company, but I’m trying to – “

Mina hushed her by putting her index finger in Momo’s parted lips. “I believe in you… I’m going to stay,” she reassured and Momo felt her heart breaks a little hearing those words. She knew, it was hard for Mina but she doesn’t show her weaknesses in front of her. She hugged her, a relieved that Mina chose to stay, that she chose her.

“Just wait a little Mina, I will fix these, I won’t allow the marriage to happen” Momo promised.

++

 

Mina knew that the engagement announcement will lead to their relationship being hidden. It was hard but it was harder when Suzy comes along in their office hanging out with Momo. And she has to witness how Suzy tried her best to make the older girl look at her. Her efforts are unmatched compared to the heiress. Mina endured the heartaches, she has to. She doesn’t want to be separated with Momo again. Not now. She’s never ready.

One dinner, Mina was sitting in front of the two, she doesn’t know why she has to be with them, maybe Suzy is comfortable with her around.

“Momo, there’s this gala that was sponsored by my parents, my friends are there and some of the well-known entrepreneurs are coming too, I want you and Mina to attend there” Suzy pleaded while linking her arms with Momo. Momo glanced at Mina, like asking her if she would want to come, and Mina just nodded.

“Well, sure, we’ll go” she answered and Suzy giggled in joy.

“I can’t wait for the gala” 

 

++

 

Momo drove Suzy home and Mina was at the back while the fiancé is sitting at the passenger’s seat. Endure. She’s been telling her mind repeatedly like a mantra. Seeing the two talk like lovers, planning things, and eating together almost all of the time, it was too much for her yet she chose this.

After she dropped Suzy off, Momo is now driving towards Mina’s apartment. Mina isn’t talking the entire ride home. She doesn’t know until when she can survive.

They arrived and Mina didn’t move a muscle which earns Momo’s attention as she turned her head towards Mina’s direction.

“You’ve been quiet the entire time” Momo commented. After a short silence Mina spoke.

“Can you sleep here tonight” it was like a request and Momo knew she had to comply, she’s been hanging out with Suzy these past few days and she knew she has to make it up to Mina.

“Of course I would love to”

++

 

Just before they entered Mina’s room the two engaged in deep, sloppy kisses like they haven’t kissed each other for years. Momo’s hands trailing inside the younger girl’s shirt feeling the warm skin underneath, it was burning, everywhere Momo touched.

They indulged in each other’s warmth, body kisses, until both of them fell onto the bed almost . With a soft bounce on the mattress, they looked at each other’s eyes like reassuring each other that it is okay, doing this things, because they are in love. Momo leaned forward, aligning herself perfectly against Mina, kissing her collarbone down to her covered s. The older girl slid her thigh between Mina’s legs and Mina moaned at the contact.

It was a wild night, both are panting hard lying against the bed, bodies pressed together and they can hear their heart beating uncontrollably loud. Mina felt secured. Maybe, it wasn’t that bad after all, this situation.

“Can you still wait?” Momo suddenly asked and Mina fell silent for a while.

“If you ask me to wait, I can wait forever” Mina is serious. And Momo felt guilty at the statement. Actually she doesn’t know how to escape from this situation, maybe she’s selfish, keeping both Mina and Suzy. She needs them both. She needed Mina because she loves her, and she could no longer imagine her life without her. Suzy, she’s a sweet and nice girl, she’s taking advantage of her feelings, lying to her face every day because she needed her to save their company which is at the brink of bankruptcy.

 

I don’t even know myself anymore.

 

++

 

Momo went to the gala and Mina decided to go there alone since they don’t want people to be suspicious about them. Of course Momo is wearing an expensive black dress with her hair tied up on a high ponytail and Suzy is wearing a bright colored one. There were lots of celebrities and some popular business tycoon but there were also some low profile friends of Suzy.

After few minutes, Mina arrived as well in a pretty white elegant dress that you would think she’s one of the celebrities or one of the richest people inside the huge two storey villa. There was a huge swimming pool outside and some are at the bar counter getting wasted this early at night. Momo wanted to approach Mina, she wanted to be beside her and to protect her from these people that no one would look at her because she wanted her all by herself. Yes, she’s greedy.

 

Mina sat at one of the empty chairs at pool side. She felt out of place. She saw Momo with Suzy and she felt that going here is just a bad decision.

“Mina?” the voice sounded familiar, too familiar that Mina felt nervous all of a sudden. She turned her head towards the owner of the voice, and she was right.

“Chaeyoung? What are you-“

“That’s what I want to ask, what are you doing here?”

When the younger girl sat beside her, Mina suddenly felt uncomfortable. Seeing the girl is like facing the living proof of her mistake few years ago, she doesn’t want to be involved with the girl anymore. But like fate, they are bound to meet in the most unexpected place and moment.

“I am Momo’s executive assistant” she said and Chaeyoung looked bitter at the mention of the name.

“Why? I-I mean, do you still like her? She’s engaged right?” the question is just too demanding, and Mina felt her ears burning in annoyance.

Momo glanced where Mina at and she felt her blood rise at the sight of the one beside her. What a small ing world.

“I’ll just go to the restroom” Momo lied as she went straight to where Mina and Chaeyoung are.

Mina stood up about to leave when Chaeyoung suddenly spoke.

“Momo, she will pretend that she’s holding your hand, but she will eventually let go, so let go before she does, Mina. Let go and get away from her. I’m telling you this for your sake”

“Thank you for your advice, but I already know” Mina said as she faced Chaeyoung. “And another thing, please don’t bother me again, I’m serious” Mina’s voice cracked in rage.

After that last statement, she was surprised at what happened next, Momo threw a punch on Chaeyoung’s face and pushed her to the pool. Everyone in the party was surprised at the commotion and gather around the three.

“You deserve that!” Momo was mad and her fist is trembling in utter rage. Mina was frozen still standing at the edge of the pool. Chaeyoung chuckled at the remark. She was going outside the pool approaching Momo.

“I deserve this? I don’t think so. I want to know why are you doing this Momo. You are engaged… Do you want Mina to become your secret lover?”

“Shut your mouth!” Momo yelled as she clutched her hand at Chaeyoung’s collar attempting to throw another blow.

“I’m just asking. Can you handle your engagement?”

As Momo was about to punch her again, security personnel intervened and separated the two. MIna felt all of the attention diverted to her. Everything is a mess. She knew the moment Chaeyoung appeared, she can sense trouble.

Momo was inside one of the rooms. And Suzy entered moment after she was escorted there.

“I heard everything”

“I’m sorry” Momo said under her breath, everything isn’t right to begin with. The engagement, her relationship with Mina, the company’s struggles. Everything is just a failure. She’s a failure. Chaeyoung was right, she’s hurting Mina, and she’s hurting Suzy. They don’t deserve to feel that way, no one deserves to be unhappy.

The older girl held her hand and squeezed them. “I actually felt that there was something between you and Mina, but I tried to ignore them, because I want to believe that we could work this engagement out.” Suzy tried to suppress her tears but the tears betrayed her as they uncontrollably fell.

“I don’t deserve you, you’re very kind and sweet, please find someone who can make you the happiest” the words were sincere and Suzy cried harder.

Momo hugged her for the last time.

“Thank you for everything”

 

++

 

Mina went home straight that night. She’s still couldn’t believe what had happened in the party. There’s no way Suzy wouldn’t know about them. She’s been calling Momo but no one is answering. She felt uneasy, she doesn’t know what happened after that. I will talk to her tomorrow instead.

 

The office is in chaos when she arrived. People are gossiping, and the air is full of negative vibes. What’s happening.

Dahyun, who was kind enough, approached her to give her a hint of the commotion.

“Open your email Mina, you won’t believe it”

She immediately opened her laptop and the first thing she checked is her email. There was an announcement from the officer in charge, Hirai Momo.

 

Thank you for everyone’s effort on loyalty to the company. I appreciate them all. But things just don’t work the way our company’s vision and mission states. I am sorry if I disappointed everyone. I decided to leave the company permanently and I entrust the management of dissolution to Son Ga-In.

The email was long but Mina got the message, Momo left the company, Son Ga in will take over for the dissolution process, and maybe the engagement was called off as well after that night.

She immediately dialed Momo’s number wanting to talk to her, to see her.

“Momo? Where are you? I saw your email” the words were hurried.

“Mina, calm down, listen, I love you, but loving you like this in this mess of situation, isn’t right. I called off the engagement and left the company as the start of fixing things out. And I want to fix myself too, so I can give you the Momo that you deserved, not the one who is shamelessly hurting you. I-I’m sorry for the pain I caused you-“ her voice cracked at the last sentence. And Mina couldn’t contain her tears listening to Momo’s words.

“No- Momo, I want you, I love you, I’m okay with this…I-I won’t ask for more just let me stay with you” Mina choked on her tears while trying to deliver what her heart wants.

“It’s hard for me too, but we both need time and space”

“Please Momo hear me out, don’t leave me again”

“I know it was selfish of me, but, will you wait for me again?”

Mina couldn’t stop crying. Momo’s decided but she has to believe in her.

“I will always wait for you”

 

++

 

Momo finds solace at the place where everything started. The school where she met Mina. She’s inside the huge gymnasium, the same gym where the basketball club is practicing every afternoon, the same place where they would sneak to do some private things inside the storage room. Her mind’s been wandering through the memories when a student snapped her out of her thoughts.

 

“Coach Hirai, you told us that your team was the first one to enter the Nationals, could you tell us about it, how does it feel?”

“Well, it started like this…”

 

++

 

It’s been almost a year since she left Seoul, she’s still in Korea but she felt like miles apart from Mina. They didn’t stop communicating. Mina would always tell her how her day has been in her new company and Momo would do the same telling funny stories of her students.

“I miss you” Mina suddenly said becoming serious of the topic. Mina would sometimes chip in between their conversation if she could go see Momo but the latter would always decline telling her that she’s not yet ready. Mina would sulk but Momo has ways to cheer the woman up. Momo has greater plans.

“I miss you too” Momo replied and she can hear from the other line that Mina is sulking again, she just has that telepathic power with Mina.

“Mitang, I love you, always remember that” and with just that, Mina felt at peace as she snuggled on her big raccoon stuffed toy which she bought because it reminds her of Momo.

“I do love you too, Momoring” she replied feeling her heart beating crazily just talking with Momo.

 

++

 

After a busy day at the office, Mina went to her apartment in Seoul feeling exhausted. Momo isn’t messaging me all day. She tried calling her but the call was directed to a voice mail. Mina is started to getting worried. She sent another message to Momo asking if she’s busy.

She felt unmotivated without hearing anything from Momo. It just doesn’t feel right.

Mina entered her apartment. But she was startled at the sudden opening of the lights.

“Surprise!”

Mina’s jaw literally dropped at the surprise.

“MOMO!” she threw herself towards the older girl and gave her a tight hug.

“You kept me worried all day, I thought something happened” Mina said at the verge of crying.

Momo pushed her gently, releasing from the embrace as she took a box inside her pocket.

“Myoui Mina, will you marry me?”

Tears streamed down Mina’s face. All this time, this is what Momo’s been planning to do.

“Do I have a choice?” Mina tried to tease the girl even though she’s a crying mess herself.

“Uhm, Yes or Yes?” Momo inserted the ring into her finger and Mina kissed her passionately.

“Then, yes”

 

Maybe we aren’t lost stars anymore now that we found each other in perfect time, perfect place, and perfect moment.

 

++

 

A/N: Thank you for reading this messy story. I hope some of you enjoyed this. To be honest, when I started this fic, I don't know how it will end, so I was surprised as well with the outcome of this fic. 

Do you want me to write another fic again. I already have another story in mind, but still figuring things out before I start. Well, I think I would be writing again soon. Follow me on twitter @MoguriMyoui