Lesson 5

First Love

Lesson 5:

The next morning when Wendy arrived her class, she saw Mark was looking at her. She put her belongings on the table and sat down.

“Remember your promise?” Mark asked Wendy, who was taking out her books.

“Yes. Just tell me whatever you want me to do.” Wendy looked at Mark and said it.

“There will be a team meeting later this afternoon.” Mark looked at Wendy.

“And?”

“Attend the meeting with me.”

“Why?”

“You are my manager.”

“Ok. Where will you be meeting?” Wendy thought Mark has a point, so she agreed to go.

“After our last class.” Wendy then nodded, and she continued to do her things. The teacher came in, and the class started.

 

When the classes for the day were over, the people in the class stormed out the room. There were only few students left including Wendy, Mark, and Naeun. Wendy then saw Mark stood up. She realized Mark was waiting for her when she met Mark’s eyes; However, Wendy did not want to go with Mark as she knew Naeun was looking at their direction. Wendy did not want to cause any trouble.

“You go first. I will catch up after I finish packing my books.” Wendy told Mark softly, and she started to pack her books into her bag. Then she saw Mark sat down and looked at her. She knew Mark’s intent to wait for her, but she also knew that Naeun will be furious if she leaves the room with Mark. The relationship between her and Naeun was not that good before, so Wendy did not want any misunderstanding from the girl over the room.

“I need to go to the washroom. I will meet you later.” Wendy quickly packed her bag and left the room without waiting for Mark’s reply. Mark followed Wendy out of the room too. All these entered Naeun’s eyes.

When Wendy came out of the bathroom, she saw Mark waiting for her. In the end, they went to the meeting together.

 

Hi Wendy. Why are you here?” The swimming captain was curious to see Wendy.

“This is Mark. He will be joining the swimming team, and I will be his manager.”

“Manager?! Who he thinks he is? We do not even have a team manager.” One of the swimmers heard and thought Mark was ignorant.

“Shut up. We need a swimmer now for the upcoming competition.” The captain spoke.

“Does he swim well? We do not need an amateur swimmer.” The swimmer challenged Mark again. The mood was awkward.

“Let’s battle. If you win, I quit. If I win, keep your mouth shut. Wendy will be my manager.” Mark finally spoke his first words. Everyone was excited after hearing Mark’s words. Wendy was not worried at all because she knew how well Mark’s swimming skills are.

“Ok. That’s the deal. I’m going to be the judge. One person will compete with Mark, and both of them will swim two laps of freestyle.” The swimming captain said, and everyone agreed. The swimmer who was not satisfied with Mark volunteered himself to compete.