Lesson 2

First Love

School ends at 2pm, but Wendy’s day did not. She had a meeting with other student government’s members and another meeting with the principal and faculty. Because it was the first day, Wendy had to make sure everything functions as usual.

After the long meeting with the members and faculty, Wendy went to check on the facilities such as the gym room and swimming pool by herself. When she arrived at the indoor swimming pool, she heard a sound. She thought that it was the cleaner and decided to greet the cleaner. She went to the middle of the pool. Instead of the cleaner, she saw a figure in the pool.

“Are you going to stand there forever?” A voice came up as Wendy was looking at the pool. Wendy realized that it was Mark that was swimming. Without her knowing, Mark was already out of the pool.

“You are a good swimmer.” Wendy smiled and commended Mark as Mark was drying himself with towel. Mark did not respond to Wendy’s praise. He went into the shower room. Wendy resumed her check on the swimming pool.  After checking everything was good, she left the swimming pool.

It was 6pm when Wendy walked out of the school. There were few people in the school now. Wendy greeted the security goodbye and walked back to her house.

 

The next morning, Wendy decided to have breakfast at a breakfast stall near her school. It was still early morning so there were only few elder ones in that shop.

“Good morning!” Wendy greeted the boss cheerfully.

“Good morning Wendy. How have you been?” The boss was familiar with Wendy as she came for breakfast frequently.

“I’m good. I’ll have my normal ones.” After ordering, Wendy went further in to find a seat for herself. She then spotted Mark at a corner of the shop. At that same moment Wendy spotted Mark, Mark lifted his head up and looked at Wendy too. Wendy smiled at him, but Mark gave her an expressionless face. Wendy then went to sit on her usual table, which was beside Mark’s table. Both sat beside each other but did not talk at all.

“Here is your breakfast. I specially added an egg for you.” The boss delivered Wendy’s breakfast to her.

“Thank you!” Wendy then chatted with the boss until a voice called her name.

“Boss, I’ll take the one like hers.” Seulgi ordered her meal while sitting down.

“Sure. I’ll be back.” The boss left as soon as she finished.

 

“Hi! Aren’t you the new guy that sits beside Wendy?” Seulgi noticed Mark as soon as she sat down. Mark looked at Seulgi and nodded.

“My name is Seulgi. I am Wendy’s best friend.” Mark placed money on the table, picked up his bag, and left the shop.

“Wow. He’s so ignorant.” Seulgi said to Wendy.

“Maybe he’s just doesn’t talk much, or he’s shy.” Wendy paused from her eating and said.

“I bet it.”