Lesson 8

First Love

Lesson 8:

“If I win, can you grant me a wish?” Mark asked Wendy.

“Yeah sure. What is your wish?”

“I’ll tell you when I win.”

After eating, Wendy accompanied Mark to train. Wendy was reading while Mark was swimming. Then they left school together.

 

It was the last day of Mark’s training. The competition would be the next day. Wendy accompanied Mark the whole day for his training. She hoped to show her support for him through her actions.

After training, Mark sent Wendy home.

“I’m home.” Wendy said to Mark when they reached Wendy’s house.

Mark nodded and looked at Wendy.

“All the best to you tomorrow.” Wendy wished Mark good luck.

“I’ll come pick you up tomorrow morning.” Mark said to Wendy and handed Wendy her bag, which he carried during the way back from school.

“It’s fine. I can go to the venue myself.” Wendy told Mark while taking her bag from Mark’s hand.

“I will be here at 8am.” Mark ignored Wendy’s comment.

Wendy nodded this time. She agreed because she knows Mark already made up his mind.

“Good luck!” Wendy waved to Mark and went into the house.

Mark waited for Wendy completely closed the door before leaving.

 

The next day, Wendy woke early. She prepared herself and waited for Mark while eating her breakfast. She also prepared a sandwich and a bottle of juice for Mark.

When she finished her breakfast, Mark texted her. He arrived at Wendy’s house.

“There you go, eat this.” Wendy passed the breakfast she prepared to Mark.

“What is this?” Mark asked.

“Your breakfast. It’s a gift for you, wishing you the best for your competition later.”

“Thank you.” Mark opened and drank the juice.

Mark and Wendy decided to ride a bus to the venue since there is a direct bus to the place. While they were waiting at the bus stop, there was an old couple waiting together too.

“Young lady, you better look after your boyfriend tightly.” The old lady that sits beside Wendy told Wendy.

“Huh?” Wendy was confused about what the old lady said.

“Your boyfriend is handsome. Many girls will fall for him.” The old lady explained.

“No. You are mistaken. He….” Mark suddenly held Wendy’s hand.

“I will only like her.” Mark told the old lady. The old lady smiled to Mark after hearing what he said.