Lesson 9

First Love

Lesson 9:

Wendy was surprised by what Mark said. She does not know why Mark said those words to the old lady. Mark was still conversing with the old couple, and the bus arrived. Mark waited for the old couple to ride the bus, then he held the surprised Wendy up to the bus. Wendy was still in shocked and did not know how to react, she just blindly followed Mark.

Wendy and Mark finally reached the venue. Wendy now has finally found herself, but she was still curious why Mark said those words. She decided to confront Mark after the swimming competition because she hoped Mark to focus on the competition.

There are a lot of people in the stadium. The pool was surrounded by supporters and there were also reporters that came.

“I didn’t know there are so many people that are interested in swimming.” Wendy awed.

“There are many young talented swimmers in our countries. Many have also won prizes overseas.” Since Mark has been swimming since he was young, he knew many things.

“Where are the team?” Wendy asked about the school team.

“They are preparing in the waiting room. Let’s go.” Mark held Wendy’s hand once again because there are many people.

 

Mark and Wendy went into the waiting room for the swimmers and they met with their team. They greeted their school’s swimming team members. Mark went to changed and warming up, while Wendy was with the others of the swimming team.

“How’s Mark?” The swimming captain asked about Mark’s condition.

“He’s ready for it. He worked hard for this and it is finally here.” Wendy replied.

“Do you think he will win?”

“Yes. He trains so hard for this. He will make it.”

“Let’s hope so. We really need him to win. Our team will be disbanded if we did not show any good result this time.”

“What? Why?”

“It has been a long time since the swimming team wins title in a major competition. We used to rank in the top 10 among all high schools but it was three years back. The school committee thinks we are worthless now.” The captain was concerned about the future of the swimming team.

“Your team will not be disbanded. Mark will win this competition.” Wendy affirmed the captain.

 

While Wendy was talking with the captain, Mark came back.

“All the best.” The captain said to Mark.

“Thank you. Are you guys done talking?” Mark asked.

“I’ll go check on the others.” The captain left Wendy and Mark.