Lesson 7

First Love

Lesson 7:

“Did you come to the school with Mark today?” Seulgi asked Wendy once she stepped into the class.

“Huh?” Wendy was immersed in the book that she did not hear Seulgi’s question.

“There is a rumor about you and Mark because someone saw you and Mark walked to school this morning.”

“We did walk to school together but that is not a big deal.”

“There are many girls fascinate Mark. They will think that you are dating him.”

“No way!”

“Do not look down on girls’ imagination. They will not think there is nothing between you and Mark when both of you are close.”

“But there is really nothing going on between us. We are just friends.”

“Then what you going to do?”

“Nothing. Class will start soon. Sit.” Wendy then continued reading her book.

 

After class, Mark and Wendy went to the indoor pool for practice. Wendy recorded Mark’s time, while Mark was swimming.

“How is it?” Mark swam to the side of the pool and asked Wendy.

“You are 10 seconds faster than the last time.” Wendy recorded the latest time on a board to keep track of Mark’s swimming time.

“Let’s try it again.” Mark continued to swim.

“How is it, this time?” Mark swam another lap and asked.

“Same. You should rest.” Wendy reminded Mark to rest.

“I am fine. Let’s do another round.” Mark wanted to practice more for the upcoming competition.

“No. You need to rest. Come out of the pool.” Wendy commanded Mark.

Mart looked at Wendy without a word, then he came out of the pool. Wendy passed Mark’s towel to him.

“You must be hungry. Let’s go eat.” Wendy said to Mark while he was drying himself.

“No. I want to swim.”

“There is no use for you to keep swimming like that. You need to regain your energy.”

“Leave me alone.”

Wendy then left Mark without saying a word. Mark continued to swim. After ten minutes, Wendy appeared again with a bag of things. She went near Mark and waited for him to finish his lap.

 

“Come out. Let’s eat.” Wendy said to Mark, who surfaced from the pool.

Wendy passed the towel to Mark. Mark dried himself with the towel and sat beside on the bench.

Mark looked at Wendy intensely while she was opening the food.

“Let’s eat.” After she finished setting the food, Wendy sat beside Mark and passed him the utensils.

Mark gave a long unspoken look at Wendy. He said nothing and started digging into the food.

“Hey, I want you to know that don’t be to stress in yourself. It is just one competition.” Wendy watched Mark eats and told Mark while he was eating.

Mark looked at Wendy for a while, said nothing, and continues eating.

“But if you win, all of us would be so happy.” Wendy smiled.