Lesson 1

First Love

It was a beautiful day. The alarm rang. Wendy woke up from her bed and get ready for the first day of school after a long holiday. After having her breakfast, she left her house and went to school. While walking to school, she saw a guy helping a kitten that was hurt. She paid much attention to that guy more than before. She realized that the boy was wearing the same school uniform as hers.

“Wendy!” Wendy heard a familiar voice.

“Good morning Seulgi.” It was Wendy’s best friend. They lived in the same neighborhood since they were born. The girls are like sisters.

“What are you looking?” Seulgi saw Wendy looking at something.

“Nothing. Let’s go. We will be late soon.” Wendy held Seulgi’s hand and the girls continued their walk to school.

 

Since it was the first day of school, there are many students that arrived earlier than usual. The corridors were filled with people and noises. As the student president, Wendy has duties to do. She headed to the student government office and started to clean her place. After doing the cleaning, she headed to her first class.

“Good morning everyone. Good to see you guys again. There is a transfer student that is coming to our class today. Let us welcome him.” Ms. Lee, the class teacher, made the announcement.

Then Wendy saw a tall guy walked into the room through the door. She was surprised when she saw the same face she saw before an hour ago. The scene of Mark helping the kitten appeared on her head again.

“This is Mark Tuan. He will be with us starting today. Please treat him well.” Ms. Lee said to the class.

“Mark, you can go to your seat now.” She motioned Mark to go to the empty seat, which was beside Wendy. As the new guy was walking toward her, Wendy realized most of the girls in class fantasized on this new guy.

“Hi. My name is Wendy.” Wendy introduced herself to Mark when he sat beside her. Mark turned to look at Wendy but turned back to face the front after that. Wendy did not mind it. She too turned to face the front.

 

After a whole morning of classes, the bell rang. It was time for lunch. Everyone in the class swarm out of the room. But there were two students that were still on their seat.

“Wendy!” Wendy was focusing on her work until she heard her name. When she looked up, she realized Mark was closing his eyes with a headset on his head. Then she saw Seulgi coming towards her with two meal boxes in her hands.

“Who is that guy next to you?” Seulgi took a chair and sat beside Wendy. Seulgi then asked Wendy while opening the meal boxes.

“He’s the transfer student.” Wendy answered as she turned to look at Mark. She was curious why Mark did not go for lunch.

“Why don’t you go for lunch?” Wendy tapped Mark’s shoulder and asked him.

“Too crowded.” Mark answered after looking blankly at Wendy for a minute.

“There you go.” Wendy took one of the meal boxes and gave it to Mark. Mark finally took it from Wendy after a few minutes. Wendy then started to eat from Seulgi’s meal box. While eating, the two girls were chatting, and Mark quietly ate his meal. The scene that happened just a minute ago did not seem to appear.