Lesson 10

First Love

“The captain just told me that the team may get disbanded if we did not win this competition. You must win this.” Wendy looked Mark in the eyes.

“You keep your promise?”

“Yes, I will keep my promise.”

“I’ll bring you the gold medal.” Mark gently touched Wendy’s hair and went away. Wendy was surprised with Mark’s actions.

 

Wendy went to sit with the audience. Mark came out with the other swimmer. The competition finally started. Finally, Mark won the competition with a good result. When he came out of the pool, many reporters wanted to interview him. They surrounded Mark, but Mark wanted to find Wendy. Avoiding the reporters, he quickly went back to the waiting room to clean himself.

“Congratulations! You did well.” The captain of the swimming team came to congratulate Mark.

“Thanks. Did you see Wendy?”

“I saw her with her friend in the audience seat just now.”

“Thanks.” Mark thanked the captain and left the room.

Mark went to the audience seats and he immediately spotted Wendy. She was talking with Seulgi and another girl. He went forward and stood beside Wendy.

“Congrats!” Wendy spotted Mark immediately when he was walking towards them.

“Thanks. I have something to tell you.” Mark told Wendy.

“What?”

Mark looked around and took a deep breath.

 

“Wendy Son, are you willing to be my girlfriend?” Mark took Wendy’s hands into his and asked Wendy earnestly.

Some people around them heard Mark’s confession and they started to talk.

“That’s Mark, today’s champion.” A girl was fangirling Mark.

“I know. I heard that he is not just handsome and good in swimming but also aced in his studies.” Another girl said.

“There are rumors that he has received many offers from colleges both local and overseas with full scholarships.” Someone said.

“O my gosh! He is so handsome!! I wish I’m his girlfriend.” One girl exclaimed.

Many others started to notice Mark and Wendy. The reporters also started to gather around Mark and Wendy. Everyone heard what Mark has said and are waiting for Wendy’s reply.

After some time, Wendy finally nodded. Mark hugged Wendy and the people around clapped and congratulated the new couple.

 

Thank you everyone that read this story to the end.

This story is now officially ended. Thank you for your support and comments.