Lesson 4

First Love

Wendy found Mark in the pool. She patiently waited while watching Mark swam.

“It looks like you are waiting for me.” Mark said while getting out of the pool.

“Yes. The school’s swimming team is participating in a competition next month, but they are lacking swimmer. I’m here to persuade you to join the team.” Wendy went straight to the point.

“No.” Mark dried his hair with the towel.

“Why?” Wendy went a step closer to Mark.

“No reason.”

“Please. Our swimming team needs a good swimmer like you.”

“Good swimmer?”

“Even though I do not know a lot about swimming, but I can see that you really are a good swimmer from the first time I saw you swam.”

“No.” Mark walked into the shower room. Without herself knowing, she followed Mark into the male shower room.

“This is a male shower room.” Mark turned and said to Wendy. Wendy looked around and was startled.

“I will do anything if you join the team.” Wendy remained calm and said.

“Anything?”

“Yes.”

“What about being my manager and assistant?”

“Manager and assistant?”

“I do not like noises and people bothering me. If you keep all those troubles from me, I can focus on swimming.” Wendy heard Mark and thought it was a good trade if Mark would join the team.

“Ok but promise that you will do your best in that competition.”

“If you keep all troubles out of me.” Mark then went to shower. Wendy left the shower room.

 

Wendy told Seulgi about Mark.

“You really did that?” Seulgi was surprised that Wendy made that promise. Wendy nodded.

“I bet more girls will go after Mark when he is on the team.” Seulgi said.

“But we need him on that team. Plus, I have promised the captain about recruiting Mark.”

“Well, good luck on keeping Mark from the girls. The girls in our school are really fanatic.”

“I heard that some girls invaded one of the male washrooms just to see some guy they like.”

“That’s so crazy.”

“Be ready to face those girls.”

“Thank you.” Wendy rolled her eyes.

“Let me know if you need my help.”

“I will.”