Chapter 9

Like That Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day 3

She unlocks the bathroom door and walks out from it while heading towards the balcony. She rubs her hair and wrap them while staring at the neighbourhood. Since it’s a summer break, the road is not quite busy with the vehicles just like how it supposed to be when the break is ended.

"What will you do if you miss someone so badly?"

"But what if the person is gone?"

His question suddenly runs in her mind. The question that made her shuts her lips as they were being glued yesterday. His random question made her thinks something that she would never thought about.

"What will I do if I miss someone that is gone?" She mumbles to herself. "I don't know either. It must be really hard for him," she takes a deep, long breath and releases it slowly.

"Why are you sighing so bad? Is there anything happens?" The sleepy but yet mellifluous voice is heard from her back.  

"H-how long did you stand behind me?" She stutters.

"I just woke up and I saw you standing here," he clears his throat. "Gosh, my voice is croaky," he rubs his neck slowly.

"Are you hungry? I'm going to pre-"

"Do you wanna follow me?"

"Where?"

"Groceries shopping," he yawns. "We'll grab the breakfast outside. Nope. I think brunch is kinda good."

She grabs his towel from the clothes rail and throw at him "Go take a shower first."

"Aight, Señorita."

*****

She pushes the cart slowly as he takes a long time to choose the products that he needs to buy from the rack and toss them into the cart. She's getting annoyed with him and she pauses the cart's movement as well as her feet. "Are you going to buy the whole mart, Jae?" She crosses her arms while locking her gaze at him.

"I don't know which one should I choose. Everything looks so tempting," he pouts.

"Sheesh. Tell me when you're done," she continues pushing the cart while sighing in disbelief. She pauses her steps as she remember that she need to grab something. She turns her head towards Jae's direction. "Jae. Push that cart by your own. I need to grab something too."

"All right. Let's find each other when we're done."

She walks swiftly and gone in a few seconds. She heads towards the dairy section to get a carton of fresh milk. She's about to grab the milk as someone’s hand tries to do the same which made their stares meet for a moment right after they apologize in unison.

"W-what are you doing here?"

"I'm buying this," he raises the carton to her.

"Oh uh me too."

"Are you trying to avoid me?"

"Avoid? Why would I? You are the one who got rejected. Not me."

"Yeah. I'm the one who's being rejected," he smiles bitterly. "Anyway, I'll do whatever I want."

Jae pushes the carts playfully as he's trying to find her using his long neck. He stops the cart as he saw her with someone that he met previously at the kindergarten. Dang what's happening between them? He peeks through the racks and eavesdrops on their conversation.

"Wonpil. There's a line that you should never crossed more than a friend," she says firmly.

"I'm not your friend. I'm not giving up on you. You can treat me as your friend but that doesn't stop me from liking you."

He likes... her too?

"Kim Wonpil-"

"It took several years for me to confess to you. This is the only chance that I can grab, just like how I got this milk carton. I hope you'll understand." he walks away from there, leaving her alone.

"Damn I got a lot of competitors here. Gotta gear up for this," he sighs heavily and pouts. "Oh, she's coming," he pretends to look at the product while peeking at her who is approaching him from the corner of his eyes.

She puts the milk carton inside the cart while pushing it directly towards the cashier counter. He follows her from the back while scratching his head.

*****

He pulls on the hoodie and walks passing through the living room while holding a basketball on his left’s crook of arm. Sooyeon who’s sitting quitely and focusing on her phone got distracted with his movement.

"Where are you going?" He shows the ball that stucked in his arm’s crook at her. "Are you having a match or-"

"Play it casually."

"Oh...can I join you?"

"...sure," she approaches him as soon as she heard that word that came out from his mouth.

They walk out from the house and heading to elevator while waiting it to arrive at their level. They walk into the elevator as the door opens without any words and he press G button. As the elevator arrives at the ground level, they walk out from it but Jae walks faster because of his long legs and Sooyeon tries to catc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter