Chapter 5

Like That Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wait… I don’t even write this.

She puts all of her teaching stuff on the table and grabs a piece of yellow sticky note that has been sticking at her dashboard since God knows when. She reads the paper that has been jotted down with some words and doodles on it.

 

Be weird. Being normal doesn’t get you far in life. Be who you are and only who you are. Don’t let nobody shape you into something else - Jae

“When did he write this?” She mumbles to herself while smiling at the paper.

“Who are you talking to?” Wonpil peeks from his table. “You talk to that paper?” He tries to grab the paper from her but she hides the paper a way more faster than him.

“Pil, let’s have dinner together?” She grins at him.

“Wow that’s… pretty random.”

“If you don’t wanna join then it’s fine-”

“Okay, okay, I’ll join you. Should Dowoon join us?” She nods as he starts to pull out his phone from his pocket and dials Dowoon’s number. There’s ringing sound but there’s no sign of him to answer the call. “He didn’t pick up the call.”

“Nevermind. We’ll have a date then,” she smiles while arranging the stuff on her table.

D-date?

*****

“Wonpil.”

“What?” He glances at her while flipping the meat on the gril.

“Tell me more about her.”

“Her?”

“Hmm,” she engulfs the meat inside . “About your crush.”

“She’s someone I’ve known for a while.”

“For a while? I think you aren’t close with that many people.”

“You know her too.”

“I do?” She puts her chopsticks aside while reaching the bottle to pour the drink into her cup. “Who is she? Anyway, did you confess to her?” She wiggles her brows to him.

“No. Wait, why are you so happy?” He frowns while gazing at her who is drinking and stuffing with the food diligently.

“Of course, I’m happy. My best friend is finally growing up,” she said with her full mouth.

“So I didn’t grown up for all this time?”

“Nope.”

“Fine,” he rolls his eyes while pouting.

“Look!" She sighs. "You didn't grow up at all because you keep pouting like a kid. But seriously, Kim Wonpil. Don’t wait any longer. Just tell her.”

“Should I?” His eyes widen in curiousity.

“Yes. I’m sure that you will be successful this time!”

“Hey,” he slaps her hand. “Stop drinking.”

“Let me drink,” she pouts.

“You are going to be drunk so nope.”

“Ugh,” she rolls her eyes at him.

“Your alcohol tolerance is low. Don’t even try.”

“Fine,” she sighs.

*****

They walk side by side with no words. While walking through the crowds, Wonpil suddenly stop. “You wanna ride a bus or walk to your home?”

“Let’s take some night air?” She glances at him and starts to stroll while Wonpil tries to catch up with her pace.

“It’s been a long time,” he wraps his arm around her shoulder casually.

“I know,” she wraps her arm at his waist. “We are too busy with the kids. How have Dowoon been? I haven’t meet him.”

“He’s doing good.”

“He got a lot of job, huh?”

“Well, his studio goes well. I mean his photography skills awe a lot of people.”

“We should hired him as our photographer.”

“Our photographer?”

“Yeah. For our kindergarten.”

“Oh,” he stops while pointing towards the long bench that is located at the park. “Let’s sit on the bench over there.”

They head towards it and sit next to each other while leaning their body against the bench as the relieve sighs came out from both of them.

“Anyway, how about you?” He asks her while crossing his legs.

“Me?” She points to herself while staring at Wonpil blankly.

“Yes. I mean, you are still being loyal to your single status ever since the first time I met you.”

“I prefer to be like this,” she stifles a yawn.

“After Donggyu tried to hit on you?”

“He’s crazy, dude. As we are tal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter