Chapter 2

Like That Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyeon is chilling on the sofa while her eyes are plastered on the television that currently airs her favorite television show.

Beep.

Her phone screen suddenly lights up and a message from the unknown number enters her inbox which make her realizes that the new message might came from a guy that she met in front of the kindergarten. She immediately saved the unknown number as ‘Yeonhee’s Dad’ after she replies to the guy.

 

Is this Park Sooyeon?

Yes. Who's there?

It's me, Park Jaehyung. So I wanna to set up a date for us to meet. Remember the one that you told me?

Ah yes, Mr. Park. So when, where and at what time should we meet?

First of all, call me Jae. So...how about this Saturday, 3pm at Subway? Are you okay with that?

Sure! See you soon, Mr. Park!

It's JAE.

Oops sorry.

Nevermind. See you soon! 

“He’s funny,” she smiles.

“Oi! Why are you smiling by yourself? Texting with your boyfriend huh?” Sungjin came into Sooyeon’s house while carrying two grocery bags that are full with food.

“No,” she stares at her brother who is walking to the kitchen. “Did you bring some food, bro? Your little sis is hungry.”

“Of course, I don’t want my sis to die just because of she always skipped her meals.”

Sooyeon put her phone on the table and she’s tiptoeing towards Sungjin who is currently arranging something in the refrigerator and put some of them on the kitchen cabinet next to it. “Boo!”

“Wargh!” Sungjin startles because his sister suddenly appears out from nowhere and back hugs him who is tiding up the refrigerator.

“Aye you scaredy-cat,” she loosens the hug while holding her giggles.

“Can you not? Why do I even have a sis like you?” a very long sigh was heard from his mouth.

“Sorry,” she pouted her lips.

“What do you want from me?”

“Nothing, I just want to hug my big bro.”

“Ey, I lived with you since you were born so don’t even lie. What do you want to eat for dinner, huh?”

“Hmm... ramen!”

“Again?”

“Yes. What’s wrong with that?”

“Nothing… but you eat that like almost everyday? That’s not healthy, sis.”

“That’s the fastest food that can be cooked plus it’s addictive.”

“If you said so than I’ll do it,” he walks to the cabinet and took the pot from the cabinet and put it on the stove.

“Take the eggs and kimchi,” he orders his little sister who is still standing in front of the refrigerator.

She take the eggs and kimchi and put them in front of her bro. “There you go. I’m going to lie down at the couch so call me when you’re done cooking.”

“My my. Oi. It’s not the time for you to be lazy. Come here and help me.”

“I’m watching my favourite show. Please cook and call me when you’re done, my good looking brother!” She walks to the couch and lie down.

“Fine,” Sungjin shakes his head while smiling.

*****

“Sooyeon! The food is ready,” he brings the pot to the table while calling her sister.

Silence.

“Where is she?” He walks to the couch and saw his sister is sleeping.

My goodness.

“Sooyeon. Wake up. The food is ready,” he pinches his sister’s cheeks annoyingly.

She shoves his brother’s hands from her cheeks and whimpers. She squints her eyes as a hysterical laugh was heard from the owner of the raspy voice who is currently standing in front of her. “That’s hurt! I’m going to tell to my mom,” she holds both of her cheeks.

“Hello, sis. Your mom is my mom too,” he sticks his tongue out as the sign of mocking her.

“Come on. Let’s eat,” he pulls his sister out from the couch and drags her to the dining table.

She take her seat and ties her hair since it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter